Rigg's Shrine

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2018, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:33 am

Re: Rigg's Shrine

Cheers Harry - good to be back on the wagon! Can't wait to see all our combined efforts assembled on the table :D

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:52 pm

That's certainly a hefty chunk of plaster! I know Peter/Vyper is playing a big 6th Ed Lustrian game on Friday and has volunteered their jungle scenery for the Saturday.

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:58 pm

I've used a 25kg bag of Crystacal R so far... :shock:

Great stuff - Scalene has promised a load as well - shaping up to be a rather spectacular table! :D

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:01 am

Your casting sections of bricks and then constructed the temple 8-) , god Steve no wonder this has been a labour of love over the last few years :D - you've more patience than me ;)

Paul/Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:35 am

Think I'm just mad! :lol:

The thing weighs a ton but it is quite satisfying in a funny kind of way. Should last a bit longer than foam...

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Crikey - don't even go there... :o I will be bringing copious amounts of glue with me for repairs of course :lol:

Post Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:48 am

Good progress over the weekend - definitely getting there! One slight problem... Not sure how the hell I've managed it but the 1st and 2nd floors are 3" longer than the basement :shock: :lol: Not the end of the world - just need to make a little extension for the ground floor and we're all good. I've sourced furnishings for the whole shrine and have a load of wall mounted torches ready to be installed. In terms of construction there's the 2nd floor front towers to finish and rooves to put on, 3rd floor room to put on the rear of the shrine and fourth floor towers and rooves to put on top of that - the end is in sight! :D

Apologies for the crappy photos - taken with the harsh lighting in my shed sometime after midnight!

Ground floor -

First floor -

2nd floor WIP

Of course the floors will be laid out alongside each other for the game but we'll have to get some pics of it fully assembled on the table before the game starts!

Thinking about the table - does anyone have any grass mats they can bring along? I'm assuming we'll have to cover the table ourselves as it's one of the biggest ones - seem to remember it needed appropriately coloured sheets putting on for the big siege game we played a couple of years ago. I've got one that is 6x4 (I think) and can sort out Lake Lokka and one of the rivers. I'm aiming for something similar to this map but with more emphasis on the jungle than the lake as that's where the action will be taking place!

Post Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:41 am

Well done Steve, most impressive 8-) 8-) 8-), the saying 'measure twice, cut once' comes to mind. :lol:

As for battle mats (6x4) I've two, I recall we used four for the Morcar game a couple of years ago, so, if someone else can bring another one along, we're good to go 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:40 am

Cheers mate - I know the saying well! :lol: I must have measured four or five times so I'm absolutely flummoxed as to how the mistake happened - must have got distracted or got another number stuck in my head somehow :roll:

Good news on the battle mat :D
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2018