Rigg's Shrine

Fimm McCool

Sure. I'm always fine for people to use whatever rules seem reasonable to them, especially when there's nothing 'official' to go by. :)

Golgfag1

Here's a couple of pictures of my current progress with the crew for my Longship, just one more batch to go and they'll be ready to raid!

As ever my pictures do me no fravours

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• vikings3.jpg
    vikings3.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 1,211
  • vikings1.jpg
    vikings1.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,211
  • vikings2.jpg
    vikings2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,211

Harry

I have cracked on with some Norse over the weekend.
I think I will have a decent Norse mercenary contingent.
Aiming for 100 Norse Warriors:
16 Warriors Hand Weapon and shield
16 warriors Hand weapon Light armor and shield
16 warriors Spear and shield
16 Warriors double Handed Weapon Light armor
16 Berserkers
10 Ulfwerenar
10 Archers
Should be around 1000pts
Plus the longship and crew already done.

...but only around half as many Amazons

Golgfag1

Well done Harry,

I did pick up the additional amazons, so If I concentrate my efforts on them we'll pretty much balance out on numbers 8-) , unfortunately, I have ten of the figures you expressed an interest in, so no spares at the moment, sorry.

Paul/Golgfag1

Fimm McCool

My first BOYL contribution- a small tribe of pig-a-mees.

32202647_10156129074722279_7726313863884308480_n.jpg

Golgfag1

A cracking set of miniatures there Fimm, who's produces them?

As way of a contrasts here's a couple of pictures of my second batch of Amazonians :grin: you can see the next batch in the back-ground. 8-)
Enjoy
Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• second batch.jpg
    second batch.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 1,111
  • all together.jpg
    all together.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 1,111

Fimm McCool

Golgfag1":rhw04hi2 said:
A cracking set of miniatures there Fimm, who's produces them?

Alternative Armies mostly. I think they're meant to be dwarves. The big headed guy with the feathery armour is Rackham and the 'large' guy in front I just recently learnt is from Hysterical Games.

Golgfag1

Thanks for that Fimm, looking over their website - Halflings, with a sprinkling of Foundry and Kallistra I might just obtain an Ally contingent for my growing band of Amazonians 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Harry

Great stuff guys .... I had not thought of pygmies ....
As you can imagine .... I have few somewhere. :)
If I crack on and get the Amazons and Norse painted I may try and get some of them done too.
Huge inspiration seeing you guys crack on with stuff ... I will get some WIP pictures up this weekend of what I am up to.
H

I do hope Steve has booked a BIG table. :)

Great looking 'Pig -a - mees' and lots of Amazons gathering Paul , looking really good over on the WIP thread. I planned to bring a small band of Pygmys led by one mounted on Ostrich , but how many do i need for small war band? thanks...looking forward to this

Golgfag1

Pygmy Witch Doctor":3s6gbjnl said:
Great looking 'Pig -a - mees' and lots of Amazons gathering Paul , looking really good over on the WIP thread. I planned to bring a small band of Pygmys led by one mounted on Ostrich , but how many do i need for small war band? thanks...looking forward to this

Thank you, as ever with these things it becomes a bit of an arms race :lol: as Steve's letting a whole lot of extras enter (Slann, pygmes beasts etc) the fray, so there'll be more than enough to go around 8-) (remember I'm bringing my Slann/lizardmen for you to use) - so to answer your question regarding how many Pygmes to bring - as many as you can. :grin:

Paul/Golgfag1

Golgfag1

I've just been looking over the scenario for this game and have a question - which set of rules are we going to use ? I ask as the scenario is written for first which, appear rather fun to play. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Fimm McCool

First is good fun, but it will depend what we're playing. A heavily objective-based scenario with warbands of 20-30 models and first will do a great job. More pitched battle stuff with the size of forces it sounds like some people are bringing and we may need to look to a later edition (even a middlehammer edition) for speed of play.

Grumdril

Are there any spaces left in this game? I've a sudden urge to bring along a wounded Kremlo, and his survivors from the disastrous (despite what the skalds tell you) raid on Zapotec. Not that I own any Slann, but the conversion can't be that hard, can it...? :)

Golgfag1

Paul,
With the quantities of lead being poured into this game - there will be more than enough for you to help out with. :lol: :lol: :lol:
No worries
Paul/Golgfag1

Thantsants

Hello all - looks like you're all making great progress! Apologies for the prolonged radio silence - real life getting in the way but not all bad stuff. Managed to get a permanent contract with the Lake District National Park - my previous contract was due to end at the end of September and had been weighing somewhat heavily on my mind...

Anyhow, on to more important matters! Construction of Rigg's Shrine has recommenced in earnest and should be completed in good time for BOYL. Any contributions of jungle scenery would be much appreciated - had some generous offers already! I've got the shrine covered and I think Lake Lokka and it's main tributary along with a bit of jungle. I have of course booked the biggest table but we might still need some smaller ones - the Shrine is going to take a lot of room up when it's set up with each floor spread out!

This is half of the First Floor of the Shrine - completed since this pic was taken :grin:

Love the usual mustering of forces - looks like we'll have THE largest gathering of Lustrian lead ever! I do have a pile of stuff to paint myself but might put that on the back burner depending how much time I have left after the Shrine is done. Just be mindful we (I) only have the Saturday to get it played ;) . I'm down to play Man O War on the Sunday but can always leave it set up for folk to play on as long as the table isn't needed the next day. In terms of rules I was thinking 2nd ed. 1st does look fun but I'm not very familiar with it despite owning a copy. I've used 2nd to run Orc's Drift which has some fairly large pitched battles. I am of course flexible as a GM and happy to incorporate elements of other rules sets to speed up play as well as GM'ing all sorts of oddball situations. Time limits for each side has worked well at big games we've played at Lead of Winter in the past as well. Oh and Grumdril - you're more than welcome to join us!

Golgfag1

Looking good Steve 8-) 8-) 8-) , A most imposing edifice :o :shock: :o - very close to Harry on the grand construction of terrain and Buildings for sure. I'll see what I can draw together on the terrain front once I've finished painting lead - just taken another thirty to forty female barbarian types out of the attic, with a bit of luck I should have a fair contingent of pilgrims available 8-) Now, where did I leave those sabre-toothed tiger chariots! 8-) .

Second edition sounds fine, I'll draft my lists accordingly :grin: .

See you there

Paul/Golgfag1

Thantsants

Hehe - thanks although casting the blocks for it is getting a little tedious. I wonder if blue foam would have been quicker... :lol:

Crikey - don't think we'll have enough room for terrain with all the lead on the table! ;)

Harry

Great to see you back on it.
That building really is some undertaking ... going to be great.
Still looking forward to this ... Amazons, Norse and jungle all WIP

Back