BOYL 2018 - The Return of the Return to Thorkinson's Island

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2018, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:39 am

Re: BOYL 2018 - The Return of the Return to Thorkinson's Isl

Nippy Longskar wrote:
Colonel Tytus wrote:for which day do you plan this campaign?

I've booked a table for Friday evening, and all day on Saturday and Sunday. Once we have the participants sorted, I'll probably come up with some kind of schedule of games in advance, so that people know when and who they are playing!

I envisage everyone being able to play up to 3 or 4 games total over the weekend, which I think is pretty good going and will still leave time to fit plenty of other stuff in as well. That said, if people would rather just play 1 or 2, that's totally fine. So, don't worry if you want to sign up for other big games or whatever over the weekend, I will still be able to fit you into the campaign :D

great! thanks a lot!
My wargaming blog http://gameoftravel.com

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:54 pm

Nippy Longskar wrote:I envisage everyone being able to play up to 3 or 4 games total over the weekend, which I think is pretty good going and will still leave time to fit plenty of other stuff in as well. That said, if people would rather just play 1 or 2, that's totally fine. So, don't worry if you want to sign up for other big games or whatever over the weekend, I will still be able to fit you into the campaign :D

I'd definitely be up for playing as many games as the campaign takes. It's so rare to have the opportunity to do a campaign over a weekend, I want to seize that opportunity! I've started to have a think about my army, looking forward to seeing the campaign rules pack :)
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:08 am

Leromides wrote:I could bring a force of orcs and goblins to the party. I'm already committed to a couple of games but would be delighted to join you for a one or two battles.

Great! Good to have you on board.

That puts us up to 7 players. I think I'll limit this to one more player for now, and then we can have two factions of four players, which will work quite well. Anyone else fancy signing up?

Good to hear people are looking forward to this, I'll try and get the full rules pack sorted soon!

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:34 pm

Hello Nippy, I’d be interested in the final slot if you don’t mind another army of greenskins?

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:21 am

You pipped me to it, but I was going ask what I should bring (good :D , neutral :| , evil :evil: or chaos :twisted: ) , Such is life. I have more stuff planned to keep me busy - if, they all come off, put me down has first reserve. 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:40 am

Ketil and Golgfag - we can accommodate you both I think... three factions of three will work quite nicely actually!

Golgfag, would you mind using an evil army please, to ally with some Dark Elves and Chaos Warriors?

I will call the campaign full there for now...if anyone else is really keen to get involved let me know, and I'll start a reserve list in case of drop outs or people being unable to play games for whatever reason.

I'm currently hard at work on the campaign pack, so hopefully that will be ready for everyone to read in the next week or so :)

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Nippy Longskar wrote:Golgfag, would you mind using an evil army please, to ally with some Dark Elves and Chaos Warriors?)

Just so happens, I'm planning on bringing an army of grennskins with me, which I can tweak into something rather evil 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:29 pm

Golgfag1 wrote:
Nippy Longskar wrote:Golgfag, would you mind using an evil army please, to ally with some Dark Elves and Chaos Warriors?)

Just so happens, I'm planning on bringing an army of grennskins with me, which I can tweak into something rather evil 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Excellent, sounds perfect, thanks Paul!

Post Mon May 07, 2018 5:58 pm

OK, I'm being a bear with very little brain, which of the orc & goblin army list books do you want me to use? :oops:

Paul/Golgfag1

Post Mon May 07, 2018 6:38 pm

6th edition, I believe...

My wargaming blog http://gameoftravel.com
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2018