BOYL 2018 - The Return of the Return to Thorkinson's Island

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2018, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:12 am

BOYL 2018 - The Return of the Return to Thorkinson's Island

Hi folks,

At this year's BOYL me and Mubo are planning on running a WFB campaign using 6th Ed Rules (albeit with a few minor tweaks). The premise is a revisit of the White Dwarf Thorkinson's Island campaign, although I've modified the territories rules from that so they're a bit more balanced.

I'll post up the full rules pack once I've finalised it, but in the mean time the basics are:

Pick a 1,000 point list using a 6th Ed Army book, following the restrictions of 1 hero (your general), no champions, and up to 1 each of: level 1 wizard, war machine, monster, cavalry unit, magic item up to 50 points. On top of those restrictions, your army can include up to two special choices and one rare. You may also open up more options/points depending on your starting territories.

As the games are small they should be a fairly brief time commitment, and I may even put a time limit of 90mins on each game to keep things rolling and ensure people have time to do all the other great stuff on offer.

There's four of us playing at the moment... if anyone else fancies jumping in let me know!

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:36 am

Re: BOYL 2018 - The Return of the Return to Thorkinson's Isl

I would gladly join with my Altdorf army!
My wargaming blog http://gameoftravel.com

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:47 am

Colonel Tytus wrote:I would gladly join with my Altdorf army!

Excellent! Once I have the full campaign pack ready I'll let you know :)

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:29 am

which WD was this campaign described?

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 am

Colonel Tytus wrote:which WD was this campaign described?

WD 211 - although as I say we've tweaked the rules in there quite a bit. But if you have it you can take a look and get an idea!

Post Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Sounds fun! Can I sign up with High Elves?
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:31 am

lenihan wrote:Sounds fun! Can I sign up with High Elves?

Absolutely! Great to have you on board :)

I think we now have 2 Empire, Dwarfs, Dark Elves, Chaos and High Elves, so a nice mix so far battling for the island. We may need to branch out onto a second table but I'm sure we can work something out!

Incidentally, I think we might be trialling some tweaked rules for cannons, fear and initiative. I'll make sure these are all included in the campaign rules pack once I get it typed up.

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:12 pm

for which day do you plan this campaign?

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:31 pm

Colonel Tytus wrote:for which day do you plan this campaign?

I've booked a table for Friday evening, and all day on Saturday and Sunday. Once we have the participants sorted, I'll probably come up with some kind of schedule of games in advance, so that people know when and who they are playing!

I envisage everyone being able to play up to 3 or 4 games total over the weekend, which I think is pretty good going and will still leave time to fit plenty of other stuff in as well. That said, if people would rather just play 1 or 2, that's totally fine. So, don't worry if you want to sign up for other big games or whatever over the weekend, I will still be able to fit you into the campaign :D

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:39 pm

I could bring a force of orcs and goblins to the party. I'm already committed to a couple of games but would be delighted to join you for a one or two battles.
Next

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2018