Rigg's Shrine

Golgfag1

Thantsants":3c93h590 said:
Looking good bud!

Almost ready to pick the old brush up again after BOYL and paint some frogs up...

Thanks Thantants,

Good to hear your getting ready to further expand your collection of frogs, where as I'm currently investing in Vikings & long ships - just picked up a boat & crew - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vikings-Warga ... 2749.l2649

which will be the next thing to hit the painting table, once I've finished the girls :grin:

Just had a thought (a rare event, I know - I'll say it before someone else does) If, your now including amphibians in this little get together should I be also painting up jungle beasties - Coatls, sabre toothed tigers etc. as eye candy?

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Scalene":dailvph8 said:
Just received the Bizaza models - only a handful but could be the start of a warband...

Mine will more than likely join my other amphibians in the to do box :cry:

Paul / Golgfag1

Thantsants

That would be great Paul - the Slann were always going to be a part of it with Gurgyll Greenwake and the remnants of his warband pursuing Sven bent on revenge for their defeat at Vastervik.

Any jungle nasties would be great! Looking forward to seeing the Vikings and longship!

Scalene - received mine too - very nice indeed!

Erny

I have frogs too and another twenty or so original Amazons. I thought that maybe my marauder sea elves could make an apperance again.

Thantsants

Hey Erny - Frogs, Amazons and Sea Elves definitely welcome! Don't forget that the the offspring of Amex (Sea Elf God of Wealth and Happiness) and the Goddess Rigg was Kalith - mother of all Amazons. Mind you only female Sea Elves would be allowed in to the shrine and only then with special dispensation from the High Priestess!

Fimm - oh there will be Dinosaurs alright! Even if I have to nick them from my Silurians (Dr Who)!

Also looking forward to painting up the Dino I got from Foundry this year...

Lustrian Beasts looking great ! i should paint my Coatl soon - started adding extra feathers to the Slann levy after seeing your Cold One riders here

Fimm McCool

After spending a while yesterday browsing ranges for fantasy pigmy types to paint up for a warband I had a brainwave. Time to get the snakemen painted up.

Most of these are Koralon from Scotia Grendel but I also have a couple of Citadel snakemen from BOYL a few years ago and one of the Diehard miniatures. I did find some rather nice pigmies as well, so I might just have to get them as well and do an allied contingent.

Attachments

• IMG_2099.JPG
    IMG_2099.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,427

Thantsants

Cheers Witch Doctor - been scratching my head over a colour scheme for my Coatl recently. Still not decided!

Fimm - Snakemen - nice! They'll be an interesting addition!

Aiteal

I'd love to take part in this, minis wise I have Slann (Gurgyyl and kremlo minis included), lots of vikings/norse, norse dwarfs and the complete magnificent Sven set, plenty of beasties too, spiders scorpions, terror birds and coatyls included.

Thantsants

Sorry bud - been a bit rubbish at stopping by here! More than welcome - the jungle beasties will be especially useful. I aim to get going in the New Year with this project so stay tuned!

Aiteal

Thantsants":3n0orccl said:
Sorry bud - been a bit rubbish at stopping by here! More than welcome - the jungle beasties will be especially useful. I aim to get going in the New Year with this project so stay tuned!

Grand, I'll dig out my lustrian fauna, and will probably go for an old C19 Lizardmen warband or some norse dwarf explorers :)

Golgfag1

Fimm McCool":79o7d078 said:
I have started on my snakemen, with their pigmy allies, so this is happening, right? ;)

God I hope so, I've just quadrupled my collection of Amazons and started painting up the remainder of my existing collection of amazons & vikings 8-); Snakemen to follow, what size bases are you using?

I've also promised to bring my collection of Slann & Lizardmen and Goblin Lee is also on a promise! ;) to join-in.

Paul/Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Fimm McCool":3vmure82 said:
25mm round. :) What version are we playing? Thinking of counts-as lizardmen rules.

I was thinking more Chaos Warrior/Knight, on 40mm square, as for rules - WHFB second or third edition, Thantsants/Steve's choice.

Fimm McCool

I've used them as chaos warriors before, but that doesn't feel as appropriate in a Lustrian setting, especially as I'm using a lot of Scotia Grendel figures which aren't all that heavily armoured. 40mm square seems a bit big to me, they fill a 25mm square for sure but there's no issue ranking them up.

Golgfag1

Fimm McCool":2axs10e3 said:
I've used them as chaos warriors before, but that doesn't feel as appropriate in a Lustrian setting, especially as I'm using a lot of Scotia Grendel figures which aren't all that heavily armoured. 40mm square seems a bit big to me, they fill a 25mm square for sure but there's no issue ranking them up.

I can understand where your coming from, but this discussion will no doubt fall to the issue - that GW of the day, didn't produce any stats for them, and they came with round bases - if, I recall correctly. God, this is going way back, even for me - picked up my first snake-men figures from the GW store in Derby during the World Championships back in the eighties; felt like I as parting with a limb, at the cost per figure! But, they were stunning figures for the time. I digress, let's just say folks can bring their figures, stat them as they see - appropriate and have a discussion afterwards to see, if, we can agree how they could be used?

Paul/Golgfag1

Back