Rigg's Shrine

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2018, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Rigg's Shrine

Right, looked through my boxes and found this little lot - looks as though I have a start to my painting programme for BOYL2018,yes :D .

Paul / Golgfag1
Attachments
Amazonians.JPG
Amazonians.JPG (221.71 KiB) Viewed 255 times
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:11 pm

I would love to join in with this depending on other game clashes and all that spill.

I'd love to paint up some Norse Warband for this, roughly what would be needed?

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:55 pm

Harry - great to have you on board! I think I might mock a map up but it'll essentially be a large area of jungle with the Shrine and the shores of Lake Lokka at one end. Be good to have a river running in to the lake. Other than that go to town - ancient ruins, spider breeding grounds, rock pinnacles for Coatl breeding colonies, the crash site of an ancient Slaan space craft and the "Nazca lines" style landing ground it was supposed to land on?! We'll need a Lizardman settlement and a Slann slaver's encampment for two of the mini scenarios. A jungle track passing between a rocky pass would be good for the Amazon mini scenario I have in mind - think good place to ambush passing pilgrims on their way to the shrine. I'm sure the Amazons will come in handy!

Witch doctor - you'd be more than welcome if you can make it :)

Nice one Paul - I reckon the Amazons will find themselves outnumbered as everyone will be headed over to their gaff without the most honourable intentions!

Chico - the more the merrier! I'd like to keep the miniature head count reasonable if possible! The more minis - the longer the game! At the moment the initial mini scenarios are designed for warbands of 20 or so infantry and 5 cavalry and a hero - or the equivalent number of infantry if cavalry aren't appropriate.

Obviously the more players we get the more minis are going to be on the table and each faction will most likely be awarded some reinforcements if they are successful in the initial scenarios so I may have to tweak how the game runs to make it manageable.

The way I see the final scenario going down is the Amazons fighting a pitched battle outside the shrine to protect it from invading Norse and Slaan forces while various characters infiltrate the shrine to achieve their various objectives.
Mind you strength in numbers might not be everything -

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Also do I have to conform to a certain list restrictions (other than the max numbers you mentioned above) or for example could I just whatever I fancy within reason?

So a handful of Bowmen, Berserkers, Huscal and cav rather then min unit sizes from WhFB3 WA?.

Also heard there will be punch and pie? :D

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:49 pm

Take what you like - within reason! Who's reason could be up for debate of course ;)

Is that where I punch you and your face looks like pie? :lol:

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Thantsants wrote:
Is that where I punch you and your face looks like pie? :lol:

Bully! Fine I'm going back to my mancave to sulk... though it's not to scour Ebay to cheer myself up... Honest! ;)

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:12 pm

Hehe - happy hunting bud!

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi Thantsants , am really thinking about coming over with some Slann for this scenario, this Monday i will try to get confirmation of dates of work august 2018 , do you need Pygmy ? probably there are plenty of Pygmys in the U.K , but if needed can bring some - perhaps Pygmy Snack Bar is needed ? all best with organising

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm sure we could squeeze some in - got a few hiding in my lead pile too...

Be great if you can make it over!

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:17 am

Thantsants wrote:Nice one Paul - I reckon the Amazons will find themselves outnumbered as everyone will be headed over to their gaff without the most honourable intentions!

I wouldn't worry too much Steve, I've a fair collection of likely pilgrims who, if, push comes to shove - be willing to help the girls out a little! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Preparation for BOYL2017 043.jpg
Preparation for BOYL2017 043.jpg (160.15 KiB) Viewed 175 times

STAFF SLINGERS.JPG
STAFF SLINGERS.JPG (109.89 KiB) Viewed 175 times

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2018