Smugglers wanted!

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2017, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:44 am

Smugglers wanted!

Rumour has it that the ship Jade Trident will be docking in Heldenhofen on Saturday morning and is looking for some assistance in 'negotiating' with the customs officials over its cargo. It is known that a reward will be offered for any warband which is able to assist in delivering a quantity of 'precious materials' (no questions asked) to an address in the docklands. Volunteers should make themselves known to Captain Nina Phinter at the Dropped Drum Tavern on Friday evening (or by replying on the thread below!).

What's this then?
A small warband game to be played using Mordheim rules in the docks area of Heldenhofen on Saturday morning.

How does it work?
Customs guards will be patrolling the docks in small groups. The warbands' task is to get as much of the ships' cargo from the quayside to the secret location in the warehouse district as possible, by any means possible. Stealth, bribery and outright violence are all acceptable means.

What will I need?
A handful of models. Anything from a single miniature to a full Mordheim warband is possible and I will have plenty of figures that can be drafted in if you don't have time or space to bring something along. I'll also have rosters and a few pre-generated characters on standby.

When is it running?
It will be a drop-in-drop out from whenever people wake up until about noon.

How do I win?
The more cargo your warband is able to deliver the higher your score. If your warband are arrested or your cargo confiscated they will be eliminated from the game and the entire score lost (but you can stage a daring rescue to free them from the gaol, raid the excise house to recover the goods and carry on- or just build a new warband). It is absolutely ok to attack other warbands in an attempt to take over their deliveries! If you choose to run off with the goods rather than delivering them you will score nothing, but the goods may fetch a decent amount in the local markets. Of course, we won't be held responsible when the captain or mysterious recipient send agents to track you down...

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:37 am

Re: Smugglers wanted!

Master Garbadoc Chubb, renowned halfling marzipan smuggler, is ready to take part. He's a sneaky little hobbit with no friends and bad teeth. Granted, the cargo might be larger than he is...

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:02 am

i'll be at BOYL with my Altdorf lawful bunch of Emperor followers and I don't think they will be happy with the idea to smuggle game (even if I ask them nicley)....

so, I've been thinking... maybe I could use them as some kind of special anti-smuggling task force sent from the capital to deal with this matter. after all smuggling goods is avoiding custom taxes. and avoiding taxes is nothing more than stealing form the Emperor himself.

so my band will not smuggle but try to stop some of the smugglers.

do you think it's a good idea?
My wargaming blog http://gameoftravel.com

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:39 am

@Colonel Tytus: I'll have several squads of the local customs militia running after the smugglers so probably best not to give them any more help. Of course you're welcome to just stick your warband in town and start playing- the local customs officials may not take too kindly to their patch being trod upon. ;)

Post Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:18 am

so, local force are not willing to cooperate with Imperial Secret Service. we will launch our own operation to take over smuggled goods with or without Heldenhofen permission...

...or in the other words - I will gladly join in smuggling game:)
My wargaming blog http://gameoftravel.com

Post Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:57 am

Excellent! Heldenhofen became the prosperous place it is by allowing ships on their way to 'official' ports to unload their most sensitive goods for transport by cart- thus avoiding customs duty. These days Heldenhofen sends taxes to the throne and has Imperial excise officers stationed there, but allegations of corruption are always rife.

Post Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:06 pm

I'm in with some random historical models!! Don't know the rules.... is that an issue??
For retro sci-fi action visit my Oldhammer 40k Blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Post Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi Fimm,

Not sure exactly how this will fit into my "planned "weekend, But I'm bringing a suitable band to liberate the a-fore mentioned goods, if the opportunity arises! 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Golgfag1 wrote:Hi Fimm,

Not sure exactly how this will fit into my "planned "weekend, But I'm bringing a suitable band to liberate the a-fore mentioned goods, if the opportunity arises! 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Back on your feet then Paul? Glad to hear it, I owe you a beer from last year!!!!

See you there

Post Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Excellent stuff. The more the merrier.

Legiocustodes wrote:I'm in with some random historical models!! Don't know the rules.... is that an issue??

Shouldn't think so. It's Necromunda​ with fantasy models if that helps? Should be able to find a PDF or at least a warband generator online.
Next

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2017