Helsreach large game - Mayor Snakehand pg 5

Re: Helsreach large game -freebies pg4

Working on my team for the game, an all-girl Trader or Merc crew with their pet. Might also be building a jetbike or small grav-ship pleasure cruiser for them depending on time and inspiration.

33580599003_2a71b97298_k.jpg

No need to register. Thats the whole point! Just turn up and play. It would be helpful to know though, as it makes other people more interested. And its exciting for me! Play for as long as you like, or as short as you like. Winners will be worked out by who has made the most money by the end of sataurday evening ;)

The idea is to have a really big game with loads of players. Me and Aidan have been running games with many players for years so it should go quite smoothly.

Warbands are a standard starting gang from Necromunda (1000 creds) , Inquisimunda or Shadow War.

Or if you cant be bothered with the paper work then 8 dudes with basic weapons, a dude with a heavy weapon and a leader with a special weapon, or something or nothing like, innit?

Vehicles are free in game, so bring as many as you want. The table is big and vehicles are mainly for transport and mobile cover, they are not great for running people over.

We will be setting up on friday, then friday afternoon evening running a scenario where the GMs run a trade caravan entering the town. Players can be either mercs on the caravan payroll or bandits attacking. The game ends when the caravan gets into town (or is destroyed!)

The sataurday plan is to run the game all day from 10 until we are all too fatigued to care any more (pub o'clock). The jet bike race will be at 12 till 2, so its a lunch event really.

Sunday will be packing up, so we wont be runnning it on sunday.

THe plan really is just come and have a go on the board. Join in, leave, come back later whatever really. There will be plenty to do from trading, side quests and of course settling grudges with other player gangs.

As with is generally the spirit of BOYL, its going to be a huge extravaganza of a game, the sort of thing you wanted to play as a kid but just could not get together, and the kind of thing you cant set up for a club night. It will be fun, and a spectacle. It will be a game to remember ;)

Tc63

Hello,
This will be my first Oldhammer event. Very much looking forward to Helsreach!

I've got a couple of options for gangs-

An ork mercenaries gang (using 3rd ed miniatures, painted like blood axe kommandos).
Or an imperial army patrol that has decided to go into business for itself since the last time Helsreach was cut off by warpstorms (RT era imp army guys led by the chainsaw warrior).

I was going to use the Shadowar ork kill team list as it is nice and simple, but I can't add grots into the list normally. Think it would be acceptable to add a couple using the points values in the Inquisimunda rules?

Which do you reckon would fit best? Or should I bring both gangs and see what the score is on the day?

You have to decide! Bring both gangs and leave one on the table just to look good?

As I said, Im more than happy for anybody to fudge in what they like. The gang generation rules are more of a guide really, and you should bring what you want to play with. If you want more grots then please chuck them in ;)

Scalene should be putting 30 Imperial guard on the table. The are the town police and should be able to lay the smack-down on anyone who is obviously too hard. There will be plenty of heavy handed GM'ing from myself too ;)

Also dont forget we might be having wizards/giants/dragon/units of 100 skaven rampaging around at some point. So yeah, bring what you would like to show off. Rule of Cool trumps all.

Tc63

I'll bring both then!
I'm guessing there won't be much in the way of orks, so I'll probably use them. Plus I have a few vehicles to choose from then.
Best start dusting them off, they haven't seen a table in about 12 years!

MrPafapkis says he is bringing orcs, but they are pictured on page 228 of Rogue Trader. Ork slavers. SO I guess they are quite common in town?
You could play both gangs. You could play a mission or goal with one gang, then when you have done that bring on your other gangs with a different role. Also, Im sure if we have spare gangs we can drag some other players in for a bit? Or run both the gangs at the same time!

Back