BFFG 2017

Golgfag1

As some of you may be aware the proposal for the BFFG at BOYL2017 is looking as though it's going to be an Elven affair! Most of the stalwarts of the 2016 game have already started to gather their resources for a re-match (fools that we are), the details are still in a state of flux - what lists, rules etc. are we using? So, if you think you can, please feel free to - throw your gauntlet into this re-enactment of Tyrion & Teclis's tussle with the Witch King!

Below is a website which gives a feel of the story & forces involved, that hopefully will inspire you to make a contribution (Large or small) to this venture.

https://warhammerfluffsource.wordpress. ... igh-elves/

Paul / Golgfag1 :grin:

Attachments

• khaine.PNG
    khaine.PNG
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 2,233

Chico

Yep I'm game for this plus despite going to 3 BOYL's I have yet to playing any of the big ''Eye Candy'' events

I'll be using a beefed up and added too ''Warband of the Bane Mistress:

DSC_0001.JPG

(Brides of Slaanesh: Daemonette possessed former Khanites

Golgfag1

Nicely done Sir,

I know the High Elves were out numbered in this fight, but at this rate their going to be seriously out gunned :o :shock: :o - do we have any Elven armies out there, of any discription?

Paul / Golgfag1

lenihan

I'd happily bring sea and high elves to this, I just can't commit to coming - been away for the last two and may well be for the next one, although the earlier timing does make it just a little bit more possible I'll still be in the UK.

dadde

Damn,
i would like to join ,but i 've only a 4th edition Empire army :grin:
Anyone needs imperial dogs of war? Obviously i m joking (sadly) :grin:

jprp

Has anyone painted anything new for this yet? I had great plans to dive into the mountain all brushes blazing but so far have done zero Dark Elf painting, i have a small force of infantry already painted so i will not be empty handed on the day but just can`t seem to get motivated to start on cavalry.

Chico

I got as far as sorting out the bags and bags of DE's right after BOYL and that's it, sadly my Oldhammer mojo is MIA and ain't coming back anytime soon.

Golgfag1

Got to be honest gentlemen, I continued to paint the Barbarians with a view that they'd become the human contingent of my Chaos army, but they've become a slog (too much plaid), hence I switched to painting my models for Space Fleet, just as way of a change. Hope to start with the DE again in January! 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Snickit

I did a laerge number of High Elves for this years BOYL so I'll mostly be using them but plan to add some White Lions (Warrior Kin), Reaver Knights (Shore Riders), Sea Guard (Kith) and another Mage or two.

If I can find some suitable Dragon minis I plan to make some Dragon Kin from Dragon Prince mini's.

Snickit

Been busy off the wargaming track again but have made a start on a new High Elf Mage (the 5th ed. unreleased one) and some Sea Guard (representing 3rd ed. Kith) .

Am searching for a good source of cheap dragons to create some dragon kin too.

Golgfag1

Snickit":2zn8staj said:
Been busy off the wargaming track again but have made a start on a new High Elf Mage (the 5th ed. unreleased one) and some Sea Guard (representing 3rd ed. Kith) .

Am searching for a good source of cheap dragons to create some dragon kin too.

Well done, I'm well on the way with stripping my recent purchases from their past owners efforts; on the painting front - the DE chariots & Bolt-throwers are looking good. though I thought we weren't going down the Dragon-kin route, so as to fit-in with the fluff? If we are, this will soon turn into a Dragon-fest!

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Dragon.jpg
    Dragon.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 780

Snickit

Golgfag1":t706cmvi said:
I thought we weren't going down the Dragon-kin route, so as to fit-in with the fluff? If we are, this will soon turn into a Dragon-fest!

Paul / Golgfag1

Erny's brief was that the High Elves should as a) it's a big battle and no Dragons would a shame and, more importantly, b) the main chunk of the Choas Allies should be Daemons, which means the High Elves really won't stand a chance without Dragons.

They should kinda balance each other out.

I have two 4th ed. Imriks but he looks very Lordly so I wanted some lesser looking Dragons to make Dragon Kin instead of Characters (using 4th ed. Dragon Prince cavalry as riders).

Golgfag1

I must have missed that particular post, but I'll start painting up daemons and chaos beasties of various sizes to add the the horde! :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

jprp

Can we have some clarification on forces.
Is it all Daemons or just Slaanesh?
How will we be running them in game?

Snickit

jprp":32xl601j said:

All daemons but with a heavy nod towards Slaanesh. We're trying to keep the feel right for the Finuval Plains fluff (admittedly with a stray away with Dragons for the High Elves but they really will need them). Also, there was some talk of only one Greater Daemon, a Keeper of Secrets to represent N'Kari but if this happens maybe the Dragons need to go away or maybe we just tone other greater daemons down to make N'Kari stand out. (And yes, I know N'Kari isn't at the Battle of Finuval Plain in the fluff but it would be shame to leave out a named character that's so important to the Tyrion/Teclis story).

The plan was to kind of "kit bash" the daemon rules between the super hard daemons of 3rd and the toned down daemons of 4th so, for example, they aren't invulnerable but they get a ward save instead. Very open to discussion on that part.

Bring clear as well the Chaos element are allies, the majority of the evil army is Dark Elf.

jprp

Snickit":9mig22qv said:
jprp":9mig22qv said:

All daemons but with a heavy nod towards Slaanesh. We're trying to keep the feel right for the Finuval Plains fluff (admittedly with a stray away with Dragons for the High Elves but they really will need them). Also, there was some talk of only one Greater Daemon, a Keeper of Secrets to represent N'Kari but if this happens maybe the Dragons need to go away or maybe we just tone other greater daemons down to make N'Kari stand out. (And yes, I know N'Kari isn't at the Battle of Finuval Plain in the fluff but it would be shame to leave out a named character that's so important to the Tyrion/Teclis story).

The plan was to kind of "kit bash" the daemon rules between the super hard daemons of 3rd and the toned down daemons of 4th so, for example, they aren't invulnerable but they get a ward save instead. Very open to discussion on that part.

Bring clear as well the Chaos element are allies, the majority of the evil army is Dark Elf.

Thanks, i have actually started on a bit of DE cav` so will try and stick to that and Slaanesh stuff (i have loads of other Daemons if needed).
If we end up using lots of greater Daemons/princes it might pay to use them with 6th ed basic profiles.

Snickit

Main thing to remember is that at heart this is an Elf civil war. We can include Wood Elves too to represent the more Sylvain High Elf realm of Avelorn (think Lothlorien). Chaos was definitely there but shouldn't really be more than 1/4 to at most 1/3 of the evil ar,y with a heavy slant to daemons then beasts (including Beastmen and minotaurs) and then humans/chaos warriors as the smallest element.

Back