BOYL 2017- A Tale of Two Cities...

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2017, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:02 pm

Re: BOYL 2017- A Tale of Two Cities...

OrfeoCulzean wrote:Hello Fimm,
Are you alright to bring the forest terrain or do you want me to bring some along as well? I have a fair amount of trees from 4ground and I was also going to make a cave to be the Jabberwock's den.

Anything you can bring will find a welcome home on the table. I was thinking of allocating city districts to people as 2' square sections, if you can bring some trees for the woods/caves section (probably closet to 2'x4' but I can bring some trees etc. too) that would be great.

ramshackle_curtis wrote:I will be making a portal/waygate scenery piece to go on the helsreach board

Excellent. I'm thinking our equivalent portal should emerge in the Warehouse District, or possibly from a misjudged magical ritual in the Academic Quarter.

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:07 am

Can a Walker fit through the portal? :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
My Blog: Mr Papafakis
Stuff I'd like to have: Wishlist
Stuff I'd like you to have: Trades

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:09 am

Or a Hovertank? I wanna paint the front of it with some entails in fantasy land :D

My Blog: Mr Papafakis
Stuff I'd like to have: Wishlist
Stuff I'd like you to have: Trades

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Well this all sounds like great fun to me.

I was going to build a little stadium for Norse's "Snorkleball" ... it will be about a third of the size of my Bloodbowl stadium.
I am well up for a bit of through the streets chariot racing .... Made me thing we could have a through the streets "Dungeon Bowl" game.
I like the idea of the Giant fighting ... so I shall be bringing an Erny and Dave inspired Giant. (No Clues).

I can contribute several Town houses ... and some thatched cottages and a hobbit hole fir the halfling quarter..... and a loads of bits for a graveyard.

i was also planning a large tavern interior .... which I could try and get done .... for a bar room Brawl game.

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:15 am

A bar brawl would be great. I had initially thought that we should have as many 'accessible' buildings (roofs coming off etc) as possible, but this would have the potential to get a bit too cramped and tricky to manage so Norse suggested we have a stack of dungeon floorplans available to represent buildings as and when they are entered. An under-city is something I had thought about, it will take up a whole other table probably, but would be lots of fun in terms of having 'environment' effects on the board above!

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Harry wrote: I like the idea of the Giant fighting ... so I shall be bringing an Erny and Dave inspired Giant. (No Clues).

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :shock: :? :shock:

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:15 pm

Fimm McCool wrote:Hahahaha, I know what it is!

Ginger, Beer bellied, two headed arguing with itself, pint of ale in one hand and a jungle meat kebab in the other??????

I had no idea I was particularly renowned for anything other than owing enough of "that" giant rat mini to inspire envy........................

My brother on the other hand...............................

Post Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:18 am

I think it's more a reference to a particular conversation...

Post Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:24 pm

Mr Papafakis wrote:Or a Hovertank? I wanna paint the front of it with some entails in fantasy land :D

I was planning something smaller, but can do any size I guess? How big are we talking?
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2017