BOYL 2017- A Tale of Two Cities...

Fimm McCool

Great stuff James. There'll be plenty for them to do, visiting a tavern is the first stop! :)

Erny and Chris, if you're up for a spot of GMing I'll be in touch with the bare bones of a plan this week.

Snickit

Fimm McCool":3heavom6 said:
Great stuff James. There'll be plenty for them to do, visiting a tavern is the first stop! :)

Erny and Chris, if you're up for a spot of GMing I'll be in touch with the bare bones of a plan this week.

Erny will be, he'll be in touch to sort stuff out, he's a bit tied up at pressent but I'll ask him to get a wiggle on next time I talk to him.

Fimm McCool

I had a productive week last week preparing illustrator versions of all the townscapes buildings, circle of blood, grudge of drong and white dwarf townhouse and coaching inn. I've cut a full set and will get to work decorating them (hoping to be able to do them so they flat-pack for transport and storage). If anyone wants a copy of the files (especially if they can bring a set with them to BOYL!) let me know and I'd be happy to supply them. I'd offer to bring some sets to BOYL for people but it's 5 sheets of 450x800mm MDF per set and I foresee the car being pretty damn full as it is! I'm also 20 civilians down and another 20 started, so Heldenhofen is taking shape.

Attachments

• towns.jpg
    towns.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 1,542

Harry

Geoff ...That looks very cool.
Might be able to help you get a few pianted up.

This weekend I have built a SnorkleBall stadium.... So I will be able to give you the dimensions of that.

Fimm McCool

kilgore_trout":2emh722i said:
Warhammer Townscape set on PDF is available here: https://hetoogdesmeesters.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/games-workshop-warhammer-townscapes-1988.pdf if that's any use to anyone?
That's what I used for the files. :)

Harry":2emh722i said:

This weekend I have built a SnorkleBall stadium.... So I will be able to give you the dimensions of that.

Aah. I was hoping to speak to you about that. It needs to be a bit larger than a bier bowl pitch for the giant fight.

Harry

Fimm McCool":1ztya4q1 said:
Harry":1ztya4q1 said:

Aah. I was hoping to speak to you about that. It needs to be a bit larger than a bier bowl pitch for the giant fight.
Ah ... well that is a set back. :grin:
The stadium is no use at all for Giants.

How big a space do you need for Giant fighting?

Fimm McCool

Here's a map of Heldenhofen as it stands:

1: Tulpgley Wood (here be Jabberwocks... and also interesting caves)
2: Main West Road
3: Watchtower
4: Spry Ronnie's Carnival camp
5: River
6: Heldenhofen Cemetary including the Graveyard of Select Retainers
7: Windmill
8: Halfling Quarter
9: Lupt Gate
10: West Gate
11: Market Square
12: Watch House
13: Academic Quarter (includes College of Magic, Anatomy School, Library and Shrine of Verena)
14: Industrial District
15: Dwarf Quarter
16:grin:rinking/Assembly hall
17:Brewhouse and Ale Store
18:Tavern (to be named)
19:Gaol
20: Customs House
21: Docks
22: Goods Inspection and Harbour Toll Booth
23: Warehouse District
24: Central Park
25: Mayor's House
26: Statue
27: Coaching Inn
28: Residential District
29: Arena

Attachments

• helden1.jpg
    helden1.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 1,649

Bane

This is incredible, the thought and work you've put in to bring all of this to life - I am so excited to see it happen (even if I may not be able to be there to see it this year).

Harry

Bane":2ra4455j said:
This is incredible, the thought and work you've put in to bring all of this to life - I am so excited to see it happen (even if I may not be able to be there to see it this year).
Nooooooooo!!!!!
Say it's not so.

Harry

Scalene":257kkrno said:
Looking good. Do you have an arena?
I am building both a Snorkle Ball stadium AND a Giant slayers arena ... there is some problems getting it all on the table. Really the Arena was to go in the Dwarf quarter but ... My current plan is to make it the same size as the Snorkle Ball stadium ... so that they can be interchangeable. A Giant slaying event ... followed by a few games of snorkle Ball until the next Giant slaying event.

Fimm McCool

Yeah, even though it's a massive table there are too many ideas to fit them all on! We're trying though. :)

Whilst development work goes ahead on the city I am writing up 'The Heldenhofen Gazette' which will detail all the events happening over the weekend. If you'd like to run something in the city and invite others to join in please let me have a short paragraph advertising it so I can put it in the gazette.

Fimm McCool

Started work on the buildings for Heldenhofen...

17991725_10155096990227279_8631369833184525094_o.jpg

18358870_10155096990242279_5007442829651221543_o.jpg

These are ripped from Townscapes, and the Coaching Inn and Townhouse from White Dwarf. If you'd like the laser cutter templates you can download them here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1h4m72ww20sl0b/Townscapes to cut 1.ai?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mgo3cehrzyn9hi/Townscapes to cut 2.ai?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmaqyysqlu3lqvn/Townscapes to cut 3.ai?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihg4d1qo89q37c1/Townscapes to cut 4.ai?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mq7ajqqtnfkeo4u/Townscapes to cut 5.ai?dl=0

They're illustrator and nested for 450x800mm sheets of 3mm MDF. There are unnecessary lines you may want to take out for speed of cutting, but in case you want to resize the buildings keeping a 3mm material width or use a thicker (or thinner!) material I have left all the boundary lines in place. I recommend downloading them if you want them as I can't guarantee how long they'll stay there.

18422536_10155096990327279_3415874564937415791_o.jpg

18359324_10155096990332279_7534776770697423139_o.jpg

Back