BOYL 2017- A Tale of Two Cities...

Fimm McCool

I found some laser cut oak shingles in a box (no idea where they came from originally). I stuck them into a single piece about 20cm by 10cm and took a silicone mould of that, then resin cast as many sheets as needed to chop up for roofs. Saves so much time in cutting tiles!

Just John

Thats a great solution. I can see myself having a go at this in the future. Hopefully I'll even see them in the flesh at BOYL

Harry

Geoffs houses really are great ... I got a good close look at them last night and he has got some lovely finishes on them ... they look Soooo oldhammer.

I have made a start on the BierBowl / SnorkleBall stadium.
This is for a fast, fun, easy play version of BloodBowl which Chris (Norse) has written. You only need a team if six guys and it works a treat.

nx6iB6p.jpg

3rIFDNF.jpg

Harry

I have also started on the new Squig Hopper race board.

This might be a bit trikier to explain.
Anyone at Oldhammer day last year might have seen another game that Chris (Norse) cane up with .... Orcling Hopper racing.
Well we have developed the idea a bit since last year and come up with this ....

The game is essentially the same ... although Chris has added a few new twists and tweaks to improve it.
I came up with an idea for a board for the race. Following on from the fun I have been having with Dungeon Tiles I decided to take the race down into the dungeons.

Years ago some random tunneling broke through into the cellar of the Green Griffon Inn and some beer related antics ensued. Each year in celebration of this event there is a challenge where the best orclings test themselves and compete for the honour of being the best orcling Hopper in the tribe by bringing home the GROG from the cellars of the Green Griffon in a race through the caverns. The race has become known by a number of names ... "The run for the rum" ... "The hop, skip and jump.”

It is a perilous race where you must avoid point objects, cross fast flowing rivers and dodge perilous plants and other hoppers to bring back the GROG

It is a bit of fun ... complete chaos ... you just have to “Cross your fingers and hop for the best.” :grin:

Here is the start I have made. (We play tested on this last night and it was great fun).

CJhsBIm.jpg

yXY4XJh.jpg

So this will also provide a bit of dungeon bashing space for WFRP or Warhammer quest GM's ..... For any GM's who are interested ... there will be a room with stalagmites, a room with mushrooms , a room with spiders, a room with crystals, a room with deadly plants, and a snotling pub .... all in the cave system connecting with the cellar of the Green Griffon Inn .... which is near the Harbor in Heldenhofen.... just try to avoid getting mown down by fast moving orclings on hoppers!!!!

Harry

Thanks very much ... quick update from today's developements:

Quick dry brush all round and made a start on the crystal cave:

bE9qvcT.jpg

pa4IoMT.jpg

p88I2Nd.jpg

lenihan

Previously I didn't know if I was able to get to BOYL this year, and so I couldn't bear to look at this thread in case it was very cool.

However, now I'm pretty much certain I WILL be at BOYL, I'm looking at this and I'm blown away by how cool it is! I'm dying to explore this table, I'll bring at the very least some Jabberwock hunters and a giant slaying dwarf.

Harry

lenihan":1il30a2y said:
Previously I didn't know if I was able to get to BOYL this year, and so I couldn't bear to look at this thread in case it was very cool.

However, now I'm pretty much certain I WILL be at BOYL, I'm looking at this and I'm blown away by how cool it is! I'm dying to explore this table, I'll bring at the very least some Jabberwock hunters and a giant slaying dwarf.
That's great news. Look forward to seeing you there.
You must get a game of Snorkle ball in and a hopper race too. :grin:

Harry

I have made a start of the Dwarven Quarter:
Just put together Fimm's Laser cut buildings that don't look even a little bit like the Grudge of Drong Dwarven buildings:

PZSsDU2.jpg

VuvY2Ly.jpg

MzPOwBP.jpg

and another one I picked up the other day that will make a nice Dwarven artisans house for WFRP's to visit:

r650MW5.jpg

Got some nice detail on it:

6rwalmX.jpg

Harry

Then I decided to take it up a level ... quite literally: :grin:

So I mashed it together with Mighty Fortress parts:

... and so it was the "Heldenhofen Castle" arena was born:

RfhK8us.jpg

HQi0Jlf.jpg

2ln4vxl.jpg

Rubbish pictures get the idea.

No it can also be used for other events:

gbv6xCz.jpg

You can even still fit the snorkleball pitch in there if you like:

Rjx8AO5.jpg

Just need to sort out the hydraullics for raising the pitch up to make it easier to play with. :grin:

lenihan

Harry":347gqy9q said:
lenihan":347gqy9q said:

That's great news. Look forward to seeing you there.
You must get a game of Snorkle ball in and a hopper race too. :grin:

Adding to the to-do list now :) Hopper race needs to be done for sure.

Harry

Fimm McCool":23ailwb8 said:
Nice one Harry! That other brewhouse looks really nice, maybe I didn't need to do that one!
Yes you did ... it is MUCH smaller. I will get some more shots of them together ... I thought it would make a nice Dwarven smith's cottage ... some sort of Dwarfy craftsmen for the WFRP's to visit.

lenihan

Not on the same scale as what you two guys are doing, but I once bought a butcher's stall (plus butcher) from Black Tree Designs which I'd be more than happy to paint up for your market if you have room. I also bought a blacksmith, complete with forge, tools etc. at the same time that I'm happy to paint up, although I'd need to find a roof to put over his head.

Back