BOYL Newbie

Zoglet

Having read various Oldhammer blogs and lurked on fora for a while, I have joined up to ask about BOYL. I hope to be able to make it along for the day on Friday - though probably with only a very little old lead with me (it's all there somewhere but I will struggle to track down anything coherent in time). From the tone on here, it looks like newcomers are welcome, and that booking some game slots would be wise. How many people might be around on Fri? Anything else I should know? Thanks !

Harry

Find the Heldenhofen thread.
Lots of games you can rock up and join in with .... very little lead required. :grin:
I think there is something similar going on with a Hellsreach Rouge Trader Table.
We will start games about lunchtime on the friday on the fantasy table.
If you want to lay a WFB ... you will need to arrange that.

Scalene

Will definitely be doing something on helsreach table. A skirmish and also probably a warm up jet bike race too. Have plenty of spare bikes if you want to borrow one.

Snickit

Fantasy or Rogue Trader?

If it's Fantasy then I've been running a "Paint a 1000pt Fantasy 3rd Ed Army" Challenge for those with drains on their painting time (my Missus works shifts leaving me doing a lot of childcare alongside my day job which cuts into my painting time) which you're welcome to rock to and play in on the Friday.

Zoglet

Thanks everyone - very helpful. I play mainly fantasy but happy to give RT / other things a go too. And I surely can dig out the bits for an unpainted army.

Snickit

Zoglet":1qsk7sqp said:
And I surely can dig out the bits for an unpainted army.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sadly that's not what we did, the 1000pts needs to be painted, it was a painting challenge for the year to get them painted in brief moments when we could got time ready for BOYL.

If you can make 1000pts in painted stuff then that would be the ticket

Here's a link to what I'm rambling on about http://snickitstail.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/its-small-world-afterall.html

Zoglet

Snickit - thanks, now I understand ... Will be pushing it to manage painting 10 points of new things between now and Friday ! Does "rummaging in boxes" count as an alternative to painting ? ;)

Harry

Zoglet":1dz5njyq said:
Snickit - thanks, now I understand ... Will be pushing it to manage painting 10 points of new things between now and Friday ! Does "rummaging in boxes" count as an alternative to painting ? ;)
As long as it turns up painted stuff.
It's a brave man puts unpainted lead on the table at BOYL. ;)

Snickit

Harry":1tsfeq4j said:
Zoglet":1tsfeq4j said:
As long as it turns up painted stuff.
It's a brave man puts unpainted lead on the table at BOYL. ;)

Aye and it offends the Dice Gods too!

Rummaging in boxes is fine. The challenge was more for myself and I invited others that wanted to to join in but I'll play anyone with 1000pts worth of 3rd Ed Fantasy on them

Golgfag1

Zoglet,

I'll have a spare box of figures with me, the Slann haven't had a run out in sometime, so, if you want to play - all you will have to do is work out a list.

Good luck

Paul / Golgfag1

You are more than welcome to join in with us on the Helsreach board. We will have spare stuff to use. Especially the Jet bike race on sataurday midday.

Zoglet

Many thanks everyone for the kind suggestions and welcoming words ... Unfortunately it turns out that work things mean I am nowhere near Newark tomorrow or over weekend after all, so I will not be able to make it. Have a great time, and hope to see you all next time instead.

Golgfag1

Such is life, I'll leave the amphibians at home, hope work isn't too onerous.

See you next year

Paul / Golgfag1

Back