Heldenhofen- City of Heroes

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2017, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:53 am

Re: Heldenhofen- City of Heroes

Your kicking plenty of goals here Fimm :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
My Blog: Mr Papafakis
Stuff I'd like to have: Wishlist
Stuff I'd like you to have: Trades

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:44 pm

I love the dancing donkey! Any chance of a shot with some models, for scale?

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:58 pm

ardyer wrote:I love the dancing donkey! Any chance of a shot with some models, for scale?

It's all packed away now, but hopefully a trip to Harry's sometime soon will see the whole city so far put together with plenty of chance for nice shots with models. The blue doorway in the top picture is about 28mm high and the floorplan of the inn fits within a 20cm square.

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:45 am

The Dropped Drum Tavern has a reputation for being one of the liveliest venues in the city. Their regular live music nights attract acts and audiences from across the known world and there are various... services? Well, favours of a dubious nature which can be procured if you know the right slang to use. Even Greenskins, Trolls, Ogres and other creatures which would normally be barred from the city find a welcome at the Drum, whose dockside location makes it easy for ne'er-do-wells to slip from ship to tavern and back without attracting attention.

Another rip-off of a famous literary fantasy pub, the Dropped Drum is probably my favourite building to date. Whilst it's not exactly flat-pack it does break down into four pieces so can be used to make a few smaller houses on a less-expansive board.

The largest buildings in the Gatehouse District are the Rathaus and Market Hall. Above the pillared courtyard of the Market Hall is the city guardhouse where the night and day watch take it in turns to sleep between shifts. The Heldenhofen Market has no set hours of business and the streets around the market are as noisy in the small hours of the night as they are at midday, so neither of the watches get a lot of shut-eye and they are renowned for being irritable, tired and prone to looking the other way whenever there's sign of trouble.
The Rathaus bears the City's motto, the origin of which is lost in time. It reads "Eine ziege und ein hammmer sind alles was ich brauche".

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:09 pm

I can't believe how lucky I'm gunna be too be able to kill things, pretend like, in amongst this city. Can't wait! Looks great Fimm :)

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:25 pm

OK so I had the fellas round and we spent a day building and painting some stuff .....
All very WIP but at the end of the day we through everything onto the table to see how it was all shaping up/coming together ....Bit crammed onto my 9ft x 5ft table so we will have a bit more space to play with on one of the directors tables but here is what we have so far ....

... A first look at Heldenhofen.

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:09 am

This is gunna be a whole lot of fun :)

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:31 am

Mr Papafakis wrote:This is gunna be a whole lot of fun :)

It will be if a few more people jump on board .... to play small skirmishes, a little siege game, Mordheim, WFRP etc.
Otherwise we will have a lovely city with not very much going on. :D

We could really do with hearing from a few people with ideas for things to do in the city on top of what is already planned.

Post Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:19 am

Wait! What? Do you need to sign up for this? I thought it was a just a rock up and play affair?

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:33 am

Mr Papafakis wrote:Wait! What? Do you need to sign up for this? I thought it was a just a rock up and play affair?
It is absolutely a 'rock up and play' affair.
...and I think currently you can rock up and join in any or ALL of the following:

Endless games of snorkleball and Bier Bowl in the stadium (Please bring a 5 man snorkling team or a 6 man BloodBowl team)
The world Giant slaying Championships. (Please bring a slayer)
Maybe some Giant on Giant fighting with any left over Giants. (Please bring a Giant)
The first Heldenhofen "Blood on the streets" Chariot race. (Please bring a chariot)
Squig Hopper racing in the under city. (Please bring a snorkling squighopper ...or not we have a few spares)
Jabberwocky hunting outside the city.(Please bring a brave adventurer)
WFRP scenario "Miss Tarkin's Identity" The first part of 'The Enemy Within Heldenhofen' Campaign.(Please bring a starting WFRP Character and a mini to represent them).
Warhammer skirmish(?) "Shadows under Heldenhofen" a Skaven incursion into the city.

What we would like is to hear from more folks who would like to run games on this table .... for maximum Chaos. :D
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2017