[Single day mini-campaign]The secret recepie

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2017, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:25 pm

[Single day mini-campaign]The secret recepie

*event is under heavy restyle. Please check the infos below*

The story so far..

"Somewhere close the borders of Bretonnia and the Empire, to be precise in a forgotten valley in the Grey Mountains, lies the small and hardworking halfling community of Lupthofen.
Known throughout the old world for their culinary skills, halflings of this area seems to have become particularly famous for a type of cheese and its the wonderful (magical) effects.
Called by the Dukes of Brittany "Brie du Lupthofen" and from the imperial accounts "Lupthofenkase", both great nations have always proudly claimed the property on its dairy products, without ever actually clearings who was the real owner of the village and its lands. Masters in the art of diplomacy, the Lupthofen seniors have used over the centuries the prodigious cheese and promises to share in the near future the mysterious recipe to always claim their indipendecy from both powers, becoming de facto one of the few communities free from abuse of intrusive neighbors.
All this worked until the hot summer of 2512, year known for the great drought that hit the Old World, making arid green pastures needed for the production of the famous dish.
To further aggravate matters, both Nations demanded a large supply of cheese in the same period, making it impossible for halfings meet the full demand:
Duke Francois de Reine , intending to grab the favor of Louen court with a "rich gift of HIS realm" inevitably came into conflict with the Duke Maximilian Strasse, determined in turn to win the hand of the Countess of Talabecland through the powers mysterious of the dish, becoming Elector Count in turn. Both do not know, however, that the secret ingredient for the magic cheese is nothing but the terrible Warp Stone, collected by halflings in a village not far from them, where thousands years before a huge Morslieb meteorite fell from the sky.
Both the Bretons that the imperial, unaware that the legendary effects of the dish can be traced back to the primordial Chaos matter (and to dire side effects), do not have the slightest intention of missing the word at home and both decide to " visit "Lupthofen to get what they want ...this inevitably lead to collide!
Given the area fraught with danger where the halfling communities is, both nobles organize their armies to occupy the village "until delivery occurred".
In addition to this, both armies are unaware that Halfings are not willing to concede their freedom to foreign occupation forces and with the money they collected in years of tradings they hired a huge mercenary force few week before the inevitable confrontation.
Knowing that this battle gonna lead to slavery or freedom, the same halfings feed themselves with the magic cheese to obtain the necessary strength (with a few hiccups) to defend their village!"

Booking list:

GM/HALFINGS : Dadde
EMPIRE ARMY: Tytus
BRETONNIA ARMY : Jonathan

Booking status: FULL. Please contact me via PM if you wanna join us , I WILL FIND A SPOT FOR YOU

Rules and Infos

When?

Friday

Races,size,players & sides?

The scenario can be played with ANY race (or mix ) we want. You wanna run a full hobgoblin army? Go for that. Chaos+Wood elves with a decent motivation? You’re in. Dwarves? Good. I wrote the story with Bretonnia and Empire because I took it from a previous game with a friend. The sides are not locked, so I can change the playing races in any way we want. There s nothing fixed.
According from our last talk, you just need to bring a 2500ish army of any kind.
I m going to be the GM and I can play the Halfings of Lupthofen with their dogs of war, but I can also just run the scenario and let someone else play that side. The only important thing is that there are 3 different armies with 3 different objectives (secret). People can team-up to form a greater army if we have enough players.
Update 20.02.2017 :after a brief meeting with the players, we decided to upgrade "the secret recepie" from a single scenario to a mini-campaign (4-5 small scenarios). More infos to come.

Game Edition?

4th edition.
Bretonnia is allowed to play with the 5th edition armylist .
This is a scenario ,not a tournament. Don’t spend too much time in army composition..just fill in what you like and remember that your gaming joy is directly connected to the opponent 's one..so be polite! Seriously, use what you like and mixup whatever ally you love ! This is Warhammer at its finest .

Special rules? Army composition? Anything i need to know?
Game will be run by me (the GM) and some events may occurs during the fight. Maybe unexpected allies or foes comes in battle?Or weather suddently changes? Who Knows! Be prepared to ANYTHING! :twisted:
Update 01/03/2017 :House rules completed.
Last edited by dadde on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: [Scenario]The secret recepie

That's a cute little story - I like it!

I don't tend to determine what I'm going to do until much closer to the date (lest there be organisational woe), but this has piqued by interest. Very nice!
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!
Also interested in any old 80's Citadel figures you may want to get rid of.

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.com

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:25 am

sounds like fun. what kind of armies are you looking for this scenario/campaign?

I'll bring Altdorf themed Empire
My wargaming blog http://gameoftravel.com

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Thank you both !
@ weazil : i ll be delighted to have you in the game ! Feel free to sign up when you want :)
@ Tytus: welcome in! We can absolutely use your empire. Mine gonna be used for the halfings. Being the master, i ll use them so the Empire side is free for you :). According to the scenario, Lupthofen is close to Border Prices and mountains, so we can use ANY race we want. Orks,orgres,chaos..anything. Halfings are using the warpcheese to save their lands :)

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI GRA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:56 pm

Halfings drilling with a dwarf advisor and his mysterious ghost friend!
More photo of the mercenaries recruited will come :)

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI GRA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Post Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:57 am

I ll keep this thread updated with the story and infos over the game . If anyone have questions,please drop them here.
For infos, please check the first thread ( i keep it updated).

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:33 am

Re: [Single day mini-campaign]The secret recepie

I'm writing the rules for the first scenario, the Jousting tourney between the best knights from the bretonnian, imperial and mercenary faction: where shall I put them?

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:34 am

just keep them on a PDF and bring it to the event :)

Post Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:33 am

Secret recipe guys, is this something that could be fought on the outskirts of the port of Heldenhofen? See BOYL 2017: A Tale of Two Cities for my idea..

Post Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:47 am

Fimm McCool wrote:Secret recipe guys, is this something that could be fought on the outskirts of the port of Heldenhofen? See BOYL 2017: A Tale of Two Cities for my idea..

Ehy Fimm,
I think we can work out something to merge the scenarios. Our table became a small 1-day campaign instead of a single scenario,so i think it can transform again ;)
i ll contact the other GM of this scenario (Sir Jasperre Le Beau) and make him post here.
To me, if you want we can make it
Next

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2017