I want to just bring a huge army and fight

mightyjeff

I want to combine both my wood and high elf armies for a big battle at BOYL, let me know if you are interested......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mightyjeff

76e39bccb7a074f9c6392204a8dc42bd.jpg

Next on the list for painting, 5 dragon riders plus standard bearer......

Snickit

Fimm McCool":1fs87aum said:
Sorry guys, as of 2014 Treemen are banned from BOYL....

Jus' kiddin'.
;)

Completely untrue as this year I'll be joining them in the Battle of Finuval Plain (Avelorn had the largest population of Treemen in the world after all!).

Snickit

mightyjeff":3h50evcw said:
ramshackle_curtis":3h50evcw said:
Doesnt the standard bearer cost twice the points of the normal trooper? Expensive!

Army standard.......

Ha ha ha ha, genius but doesn't that mean your general has to be in the unit also (if playing 3rd). Some may say all your eggs in one basket (one flippin' massive Dragon egg basket).

Mr Furious

Weazil - thank you for the advice which is taken on board and I'll start a thread shortly to show army progress. I planned for BOYL15 but lost my job at the last minute, was working for BOYL16 thankfully and now have 'holiday time' Borat style for BOYL17. High five!

Mighty Jeff, that is one mean dragon fueled army. The only advantage I may have is that orcs don't like playing harps and singing in the glades, they prefer fightin.

In terms of scenarios, how would a siege on an isolated forest town grab you?

mightyjeff

It would be great to do something big, I think Elves versus orcs is an good match up. I would like to get as many miniatures on the table as possible and a forest town siege sounds good. I have some orcs that could pitch in as well.

Mr Furious

The Wundafoul Wizard Uz cast the bone runes and madly waving his skullwand in the dim firelight spat out his decree: "Thez as got shiny armour n' pointy eared medicine by da old woods! Thez got draguns n' horsies. Thez fink we a threat grown too strong n' need eradishicating. Gud eatin there."

The big war boss unbuckled his ancient mace 'Elf tickler' from his worn leather belt: "Call mes da generals, da bosses, n' get mes da throwy things boyz Noblob. Bring mes my chariot of desire."

Attachments

• WP_20170118_21_59_34_Pro - Copy (640x360).jpg
    WP_20170118_21_59_34_Pro - Copy (640x360).jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 2,521

weazil

Nice opening salvo, Mr Furious. Looking forward to seeing more :)

Mr Furious":1vhm154i said:
The Wundafoul Wizard Uz cast the bone runes and madly waving his skullwand in the dim firelight spat out his decree: "Thez as got shiny armour n' pointy eared medicine by da old woods! Thez got draguns n' horsies. Thez fink we a threat grown too strong n' need eradishicating. Gud eatin there."

The big war boss unbuckled his ancient mace 'Elf tickler' from his worn leather belt: "Call mes da generals, da bosses, n' get mes da throwy things boyz Noblob. Bring mes my chariot of desire."

Erny

mightyjeff":2fvkaq70 said:
76e39bccb7a074f9c6392204a8dc42bd.jpg

Next on the list for painting, 5 dragon riders plus standard bearer......

Darn it I only got two of mine on the table last Boyl. I was hoping to set a new record this year with four....

Sure we can't persuade you guys to join in the highelf dark elf mash up we have planned this year?

Mr Furious

[/quote]Sure we can't persuade you guys to join in the highelf dark elf mash up we have planned this year?[/quote]

If you want 10k of orcs turning up at D6 turn on random D4 table edge then you may want to persuade the pointy eared harp plucking Legolas boot wearing Mighty Jeff. We'll fight anyone though gud eatin on those ere draguns.

dadde

hi guys,
sorry for being away for a bit, but i became father a week ago and i came back to work today :grin:
So , speaking of this big BOL/17 Event.
First off, thanks to Weazil for tips and help : those are absolutely apreciated by me.
Second, i ask sorry for my english : its not my main language so just ignore my grammatical errors !
As for the scenario , i m up for everyting, included create a story ( i m well versed in WFRP lore).

I m planning to bring a considerable Empire force (photos incoming) and i got a friend who can join us with a Bretonnia army (he s coming with me from italy!).
I dont want to "cut out" anyone , so i can just leave it in the bag if we plan to play with different races.

Maybe we should try to determiante who can join with what race? just to clear .

dadde

addendum : as Weazil stated, i dont mind to partecipate on a super-humongous -3 day battle . i think a good goal can be to let everyone enjoy the rest of the BOYL and not to be forced on a marathon. It can be amazing even on a single/ half day battle..or somethin like that.

Keuringer

I have Large Norse and Undead Armies plus various allies. Would be very happy to take part in a battle over one of the days.

Back