Advanced Heroquest at BOYL 2016

Hi all,

I ran an AHQ campaign for three friends at last year's event and we had a blast, so we're going to come back and play again!

There are 4 of us, 3 heroes (A female witch hunter, a necromancer (!) and a very junior Estalian knight, who presumably spends a lot of time stopping the other two killing each other) and me GMing, so if anyone would like to drop into a session they would be more than welcome!

Let me know if you'd be interested and we can discuss character generation and so on :)

Fimm McCool

Yay! I'll try and catch one this year, but will probably have to be sunday afternoon unless the Fimir game in the morning doesn't materialise.

Golgfag1

Missed playing with you guys & gals least year, so, lets make that another one for Sunday morning. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Great to hear positive noises about this, look forward to dungeoneering with you all!

The rules system we're using is an updated set that is heavily based on the original rules but slightly more detailed - especially when it comes to character creation. What I'm thinking is I'll probably pre-build some characters for people to use (you can use your own models, obviously!).

So - those who want to play, let me know (roughly) what sort of hero you'd like to be, and we'll go from there :grin:

Golgfag1

Nippy Longskar":1k25fm32 said:
So - those who want to play, let me know (roughly) what sort of hero you'd like to be, and we'll go from there :grin:

Anything you care to provide will be fine by me

Paul / Golgfag1

mubo

Hi all. We also have a halfing thief, a dwarf treasure hunter and an elf wizard that we played a game with a few weeks ago.

mubo

Golgfag1":1wswtdce said:
Nippy Longskar":1wswtdce said:

Anything you care to provide will be fine by me

Paul / Golgfag1

Also, Paul it seems you live close ish to me (I'm Oxford) would you be interested in lift sharing to BOYL? I can't figure out how to PM you!

Golgfag1

mubo":awis70b7 said:
Also, Paul it seems you live close ish to me (I'm Oxford) would you be interested in lift sharing to BOYL? I can't figure out how to PM you!

Nice to know your 'local', unfortunately, I'm traveling up via the M1 with Chico & my daughter and about a thousand miniatures and terrain, so am unlikely to have room, sorry. Try another Paul / Grumdril, who's in Abingdon, or Gaj who maybe traveling up up from the South coast via the A34 - I don't know their travel arrangements, but they might be able to help? :)

Paul / Golgfag1

weazil

I'd be up for a bit of a dungeon crawl, actually - never played this system. I haven't yet committed to anything, so I'll be pretty flexible.

mubo

Nippy Longskar":qptzcv06 said:
I've booked a 6x4 table for Sat morning, Sat Evening, Sun morning and Sun afternoon, so those will be the 4 sessions available :)

Nice. I can't see the game booking on the website though? Is something amiss?

Hi folks,

Not long to go now! just a quick note to say, if you'd like to take part in one (or more) of the AHQ sessions, I think the easiest way will be to come and find our table around the time each of the sessions is due to start and let me know! I think it's probably best to be flexible rather than trying to create a rota or similar.

Oh also...feel free to bring your own hero models to use (20mm square bases are best as the dungeon tiles in AHQ match that size).

Alternatively we will have some available to borrow. There will also be pre-made character sheets available so we can get straight into the game :)

Back