New fangled games with old minis

Bane

Hi all, just wondering whether there'd be any interest in trying out some of the more recent games systems, using old miniatures (although new miniatures would also be welcomed). For example:

AoS
Frostgrave
Songs of Blades and Heroes
Dragon Rampart

To name but a few. Having heard great things about them, I took a look at the rule-sets (and have downloaded some) but have yet to play them. They all lend themselves to small warband sized formats and maybe we can learn and play together. Was thinking perhaps on Sunday morning? With a month to go, I'm sure you can rustle up a suitably sized band... I can provide scenery.

Fimm McCool

Hisssssk! You said the dreaded AoS!!! ;)

I'm not a fan of that game that shall not be named, or of Frostgrave, don't know Blades of Heroes and have no interest in learning Dragon Rampant... but that's just me, I'm sure if you wanted to play some of those there'd be someone around at the weekend who'd be interested in joining in. :)

Matttp

I played Frostgrave and used the bits of fantasy stuff that I had knocking around from buying job lots, had wanted but not idea why or hanging about in lead boxes for years. Made a cool little warband that I can now use for other stuff (every one should have one of these). Frostgrave itself is ok for a knock about but didn't have great longevity in the store where we played. It needs too much scenery and extra figures to use all the scenarios.
That said we had a laugh but if I'm coming all this way to meet people into stuff my local gaming mates aren't into I'd rather play them at that (I think I just offered you a fight :? ).

Sunday morning
3x3 board
Some points (enough for about 8 -12 guys)
Fight till somebody wins.

Job done. :grin:

Golgfag1

If & when I get a free moment, happily give my figures a run out with any of these systems, but maybe not AoS given the event? ;) What days are you attending, because I'm only free either Friday evening or Sunday afternoon, but that may change? (How cruel are my dice :evil: :twisted: :evil: )

Paul / Golgfag1

Back