Event Mini

Please tick one of the following:

• Yes, I'd love this figure and would be willing to contribute a few pounds to making it happen

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Yes, I'd be interested in this figure if he was free

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Yes, I'd like this figure. He should be big like Nagash and I'd pay at least a fiver for him

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I'd like an event mini, but this guy doesn't interest me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not really bothered about whether we have one or not

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Fimm McCool

Erny":1k0ick7b said:
Great stuff Fimm, you have really captured him. Will you be painting one up for the game in the same colours as the Marvel comic?

If they come back from the casters in time and I haven't got enough on the painting table when they arrive then yes. :)

weazil

Wow - that is ACE! Very well done! Really looking forward to this one! I know someone paid £100 for casting, but does that pay for everything, or do you still have a shortfall? (IF so - how much?)

Fimm McCool

Cheers Weazil. £100 covers the mould and 100 casts, I'm going to get 200 though so we can send some overseas. That's likely to be £40-50 more.

Snickit

We'll all defo chip in, just say if you want the mini you have to make a donation, even just 50p to £1.00 would cover the cost.

Either that or we could run a raffle, ask Bryan to donate some minis as prizes and when Fimm's costs are covered (if Fimm ends up in pocket slightly I don't think anyone would object, it'd be a thank you bonus) Bryan gets the rest to pay for his donated prizes.

Set the tickets at £1.00 each and people are bound to buy more than one ticket if the prizes are from Bryan's secret stash.

(we could even repay the very generous £100.00 benefactor depending on how much is made)

Snickit

ardyer":31wchlw1 said:
I was assuming the event organizers would just be sending fimm PayPal...

If the event is free there's nothing to send him and it's not fair for Fimm to be out of pocket for being such a tremendous chap.

ardyer

Snickit":2jbjfdkc said:
ardyer":2jbjfdkc said:

If the event is free there's nothing to send him and it's not fair for Fimm to be out of pocket for being such a tremendous chap.
That's why I assumed the organizers were sending him money...so he wouldn't easy the costs.

Snickit

ardyer":5q18d7nr said:
Snickit":5q18d7nr said:
ardyer":5q18d7nr said:

That's why I assumed the organizers were sending him money...so he wouldn't easy the costs.

But the organisers aren't making money either (well the Foundry will as we buy food and mini whilst there but they aren't really organising it, just organising the venue) but attendance is basically free.

Everyone who's involved in the set up is donating their time (especially Gaj/Weazil) and whilst that's precious there shouldn't be any significant out of pocket expenses for it.

ardyer

Snickit":1vz3y2cm said:
ardyer":1vz3y2cm said:
Snickit":1vz3y2cm said:
ardyer":1vz3y2cm said:

But the organisers aren't making money either (well the Foundry will as we buy food and mini whilst there but they aren't really organising it, just organising the venue) but attendance is basically free.

Everyone who's involved in the set up is donating their time (especially Gaj/Weazil) and whilst that's precious there shouldn't be any significant out of pocket expenses for it.
As the principle organizer of this year's North American event (and a Sunday organizer of the last two), I'm well aware the lack of money being made on these events.

But I also recognize that as the promoter, sometimes it's our lot to have to eat some expenses. If attendees want to help us out our if we want to charge attendees to recoup those costs, that's to be decided later and isn't really germane to how Fimm's cost is minimized.

Snickit

ardyer":22et2efq said:
Snickit":22et2efq said:
Snickit":22et2efq said:

As the principle organizer of this year's North American event (and a Sunday organizer of the last two), I'm well aware the lack of money being made on these events.

But I also recognize that as the promoter, sometimes it's our lot to have to eat some expenses. If attendees want to help us out our if we want to charge attendees to recoup those costs, that's to be decided later and isn't really germane to how Fimm's cost is minimized.

Fair do's I just would of thought that as a community we wouldn't want anyone to be unduly out of pocket. The £40 or £50 is easily picked up by a large number hence why I suggested a raffle, that way people can contribute as much as they like, it's their choice and is a little nicer than just asking for a voluntary contribution.

Each to their own really.

Fimm McCool

I really don't mind shouldering the extra for a few more casts. If anyone wants to chip in that's cool, on the day in the form of a beer or two will cover it.

ardyer

Snickit":1tr4g3z4 said:
ardyer":1tr4g3z4 said:
ardyer":1tr4g3z4 said:
ardyer said:

Fair do's I just would of thought that as a community we wouldn't want anyone to be unduly out of pocket. The £40 or £50 is easily picked up by a large number hence why I suggested a raffle, that way people can contribute as much as they like, it's their choice and is a little nicer than just asking for a voluntary contribution.

Each to their own really.
A raffle system is fine with me, I don't mind not being out of pocket for the NA allocation. I was initially only staying that I had assumed the event organizers were picking up our proportional cost.

Snickit

ardyer":1mw92plb said:
A raffle system is fine with me, I don't mind not being out of pocket for the NA allocation. I was initially only staying that I had assumed the event organizers were picking up our proportional cost.

I don't think you should be either, we can all share the load and ease the cost.

Sorry, I'm just being a little commune happy :lol:

Golgfag1

Apparently, we have sixteen to eighteen people prepared to put their hands in their wallet, to see this happen and ensure Fimm isn't out of pocket for the generous application of his talents; given there's already a hundred pounds in the kitty - we're only looking for about five pounds a piece to cover the postage to the outer colonies and if, others were to pledge - the required contributions diminish. Anything over and above - I'm sure Fimm will find a suitable use.

Fimm are you happy to distribute you paypal account details via personal messages?

Come on folks, make this happen and start sending those PM's :grin: WE all benefit from this :grin: :lol: 8-) :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Fimm McCool

Sure. Anyone who wants to can PM me. Otherwise, as I say, reimbursement in the form of beer or cash for toys at BOYL also fine. Just had the funds from Curtis for the Circle of Chaos Kickstarter so I can put up any extra cash we need before then. :)

ardyer

Golgfag1":3931vjbq said:
Apparently, we have sixteen to eighteen people prepared to put their hands in their wallet, to see this happen and ensure Fimm isn't out of pocket for the generous application of his talents; given there's already a hundred pounds in the kitty - we're only looking for about five pounds a piece to cover the postage to the outer colonies and if, others were to pledge - the required contributions diminish. Anything over and above - I'm sure Fimm will find a suitable use.

Fimm are you happy to distribute you paypal account details via personal messages?

Come on folks, make this happen and start sending those PM's :grin: WE all benefit from this :grin: 8-) :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1
I think the plan here was to distribute them at our event. I'm assuming I can get a group shipping rate on the NA models?

Fimm McCool

Absolutely, my plan was just to ship each of the international batches to one person for distribution at the relevant events.

By the by, in case the Ansells are watching, I will forego all payments and my left arm for them to find the Heroquest master moulds and spin a couple of sets... I'd need my right arm for painting. :)

Back