www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk

weazil

Hi all

With just 40 days to go to the big event, it turns out I was able to produce a web page for BOYL 2016. Many thanks to the games organisers and to Zhu for the top shelf logo.

The website is an experiment, which, if it works, gets to stay. Yes, it is rough and ready. Yes, some of the game pages have more details than other pages. Yes, the navigation may not be as intuitive as you'd like. Although its meant to be mobile friendly, I've not tested all the pages, so I'm expecting problems on this front.

But, its a web page. Hopefully, a central place to look at the event, independent of Facebook or Forum, and one I'd like to expand next year.

Finally, keep checking the page - some events need more detail and there are still one or two more events to be added.

The website again?

http://www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk

P.S. Happy to field complaints and suggestions on the site. Careful what you ask for, though - you might just get roped into helping for BOYL 2017!

P.P.S Note that I'm not a web developer.

Golgfag1

Nice page Gaj,

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have a problem with the current booking of the second large table on Saturday - unless Enry confirms alternative timings from those I think we're playing! :o :shock: :?

Paul / Golgfag1

Erny

Yeah, I booked one of the 12X6 tables for Saturday, all day a month ago, recently also booked the Friday afternoon too so we could set all the terrain up.

I can get you a blurb and some pioctures soon though a picture of a big battle is a little harder to set up than one for a skirmish.

Erny

Right I checked my booking and I hadn't relalised that ther was both an afternoon and an evening booking to be made. I've rectified this now.

Harry

Hey fellas, if there is a problem with directors tables .... what we are doing does not NEED one of the directors tables ... we can set up on one of the more regular tables in the tent if we need to.

Golgfag1

Harry":nzkxclxc said:
Hey fellas, if there is a problem with directors tables .... what we are doing does not NEED one of the directors tables ... we can set up on one of the more regular tables in the tent if we need to.

Thanks for the offer Harry, but I think it's more a case of folks being more realistic in the time required to setting up, play & pack-up their games - the chaps, who have the Saturday evening slot may not realize that the twelve by six tables don't have any terrain and their going to have to set it up in the time available.

Paul / Golgfag1

Great work. Nicely done.

Although there is an error on the Rouge Trader Challenger page. It will be a campaign, with a winner at the end. I have a 3D modeled campaign board to track wins and losses, with probably some kind of minor prize going to the one who comes out top of the heap. ANd by heap, I mean a heap of Nurgle poo, but its still a heap. Like literally, I will be making a model of a heap of great unclean one poo, which will function as a prize and also as a scenario marker ;)

Zhu Bajie

weazil":1gdu6tem said:
Note that I'm not a web developer.

You are now :grin:

Well done, looks ace!

Suggestions and feedback ....

Change your username from 'admin' !

Battle of Magnathrond. "Relive the giddy glory of the very first boxed game by Games Workshop!" erm... historical accuracy? Valley of the Four Winds, Apocalypse, Doctor Who, Warlock were all the first boxed games by GW :geek:

Countdown clock comment made me laugh. Nice one.

Something I'm not quite grokking - wouldn't I need to contact the GM in order to join a game (eg. Redwake)? at the moment I can't quite see how one would do that if www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk were your first port of call. I think a contact email and name of the game organiser would go a long way.

Snickit

Zhu Bajie":12fz4oqu said:
Battle of Magnathrond. "Relive the giddy glory of the very first boxed game by Games Workshop!" erm... historical accuracy? Valley of the Four Winds, Apocalypse, Doctor Who, Warlock were all the first boxed games by GW :geek

Wasn't in my blurb, that's all Gaj that is :lol:

Replace "game" with"Warhammer Edition" and everyone's a winner.

weazil

Golgfag1":1svcpu26 said:
Harry":1svcpu26 said:

Thanks for the offer Harry, but I think it's more a case of folks being more realistic in the time required to setting up, play & pack-up their games - the chaps, who have the Saturday evening slot may not realize that the twelve by six tables don't have any terrain and their going to have to set it up in the time available.

Paul / Golgfag1

Hi all

Nice to see the sharing.

But, I don't think there is a problem? From what I can see, there are two 12x6s. For (effectively) all of Friday and Saturday, Harry has one booked for the Redwake thing with the dungeon tacked on the side, and for (effectively) all of Friday and Saturday, Erny has the other one booked for the BFG. I think the reason for the confusion is that the BFG is not yet up on the website, because I've not really been able to glean anything meaningful that doesn't require too much rework from the forum threads about the game itself, so I've asked Erny (or that set of game organisers) to supply me with something to post.

So, I reiterate - I don't think there is a problem. There is actually a ticket for those wanting to attend what I've called 'The Rise of Morcar' (i.e. the BFG), but that's all there is.

weazil

Zhu Bajie":3p6zkw72 said:
weazil":3p6zkw72 said:
Note that I'm not a web developer.

You are now :grin:

Well done, looks ace!

Suggestions and feedback ....

Change your username from 'admin' !

Battle of Magnathrond. "Relive the giddy glory of the very first boxed game by Games Workshop!" erm... historical accuracy? Valley of the Four Winds, Apocalypse, Doctor Who, Warlock were all the first boxed games by GW :geek:

Countdown clock comment made me laugh. Nice one.

Something I'm not quite grokking - wouldn't I need to contact the GM in order to join a game (eg. Redwake)? at the moment I can't quite see how one would do that if http://www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk were your first port of call. I think a contact email and name of the game organiser would go a long way.

Hi Zhu

Cheers for the tips. You are quite right about the historical accuracy, I was literally making this stuff up on the fly just to have a page. I'll think of something to make that a little better. A regards contacting the DM, do you mean for the purposes of booking a game, or did you mean for arbitrary communication? I've set up two Eventbrite events - one for the booking of tables and the other for the booking of games. I had toyed with the idea of one per game, which is how I'll do it next year, but I decided to put them all on one event primarily for speed and because I'd not really discussed with the GMs that they would be contacted for their games. The plan in the future is actually to give each GM access to the site where they can work on their own game, with pictures, copy and so on, but they'll be aware of that when they sign up. I have a bit more ork to understand and trust the security before I open that door. Equally, I have an open question about giving each game its own blog and comments section, allowing the community to interact with the organiser. if the site is considered a success (by the community), then I'll definitely chase that down.

I do think your suggestion is a good idea, though. I also agree that the navigation from game to ticket-for-said-game is quite clunky and very definitely a shortcut made by me to get things done.

Zhu Bajie

Yeah, I'm just being a nerd :?

Giving the GMs access and opening up comments, is a great idea if the individual organisers are up for it. Gives someone a sense of whats going on rather than having to hunt around random sites, and they can ask q's before booking and turning up. I think Wordpress is quite robust and flexible on the side, so it's a good choice of platform.

Maybe another thing to consider is how to archive 2016 when BoYL 2017 rolls around.

Golgfag1

weazil":2gucam96 said:
Hi all

Nice to see the sharing.

But, I don't think there is a problem? From what I can see, there are two 12x6s. For (effectively) all of Friday and Saturday, Harry has one booked for the Redwake thing with the dungeon tacked on the side, and for (effectively) all of Friday and Saturday, Erny has the other one booked for the BFG. I think the reason for the confusion is that the BFG is not yet up on the website, because I've not really been able to glean anything meaningful that doesn't require too much rework from the forum threads about the game itself, so I've asked Erny (or that set of game organisers) to supply me with something to post.

So, I reiterate - I don't think there is a problem. There is actually a ticket for those wanting to attend what I've called 'The Rise of Morcar' (i.e. the BFG), but that's all there is.

Thanks for resolving the non problem Gaj, I'll be in-touch with Enry and try and get something out for the web-page

Once more - well done for setting it up.

Paul / Golgfag1

Sorry to be a pain, but can I/we just request something?

On the Rogue Trader Challenge' page, the photos of the marines and the squats are both from our 'Tales From the Maelstrom' blog, which are used without permission or even attribution. The game isn't being run by us and we won't be present, so could we please either have a photo credit and clarification, or the photos be changed?

I'm sure Curtis has plenty of photos of his excellently painted figures, I've certainly seen them before!

Thanks,

Andy, Gadge & me.

Golgfag1

OK. I've been away for a few days and have more than likely missed a few posts, but this group seems awfully quiet for being just over a week away from our annual meeting at Foundry , how's the chatter on Facebook?

Paul / Golgfag1

Niibl

I try to copy your painting output and fail miserably. Shame and exhaustion keep me from posting.

Scalene

Paul

I remember the forum was very quiet last year because I thought the same thing. Personally I'm too busy painting and preparing to blog or post on the forum (literally).

Snickit

Scalene":2rc59uku said:
Paul

I remember the forum was very quiet last year because I thought the same thing. Personally I'm too busy painting and preparing to blog or post on the forum (literally).

Same as, head down, brush in hand. My latest output is on my blog.

Back