www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk

Chico

Facebook has been quiet about BOYL as well and that's not normally the case and it has been brought up and mentioned by a few people. I think this year will be smaller (Not by too much though) but last year was the peak of the Oldhammer movement so I think we have just found the comfort zone.

Fimm McCool

Snickit":2bbf6jpz said:
Scalene":2bbf6jpz said:
Paul

I remember the forum was very quiet last year because I thought the same thing. Personally I'm too busy painting and preparing to blog or post on the forum (literally).

Same as, head down, brush in hand. My latest output is on my blog.

Same, but as I'm promoting my sourcebook on the blog I'm pushing myself by doing a daily journal in the WIP section.

MagpieJono

Chico":1qmxwanh said:
Facebook has been quiet about BOYL as well and that's not normally the case and it has been brought up and mentioned by a few people. I think this year will be smaller (Not by too much though) but last year was the peak of the Oldhammer movement so I think we have just found the comfort zone.

I was at the Foundry last week and the staff there said they were hoping for more visitors than last year hopefully around 200.

Zhu Bajie

Well last year I put out a flyer and carpet-bombed wargaming fora well in advance, prolly didn't make too much of an impact, but there was more lead in the air than this year.

...trundles off to warspam da internetz...

Snickit

Could do a Poll Post on FB but I'm not sure I'm renowned enough within the community to get much of a response.

Chico

This year it's a case of quite a few of the core FB/Forum/Blog Oldhammer'erereres arn't coming (For whatever reasons) and that's led to a decreased buzz as they would have been blogging/posting and getting people excited in trickle down effect.

But looking at at the games being planned this year we won't lack from a good time that's for sure :grin: and it's going to be a blast.. that's if Snicket can keep his pants on this year ;)

Zhu Bajie

Snickit":29hfobdu said:
Could do a Poll Post on FB but I'm not sure I'm renowned enough within the community to get much of a response.

You're pretty well renowned. Mostly everyone who does Oldhammer already knows about BOLY16. Unfortunately at this point it's a bit late to try to engage the fence-sitters and casuals but you never know.

Do a Poll Post (whatever that is), slap a link to http://www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk on your blog sidebar, do whatever, get the word out if you wanna, the world is your lobster and only good things can come of it.

MagpieJono":29hfobdu said:
I was at the Foundry last week and the staff there said they were hoping for more visitors than last year hopefully around 200.

They haven't even linked their events page to http://www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk :roll:

Fimm McCool

Zhu Bajie":31fqma6u said:
They haven't even linked their events page to http://www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk :roll:

Last year they still had the 2014 event linked...

Last year I also recall big conversations about whether we wanted this growing, turning into a bigger games convention, whether the Facebook group should be included etc.
This year there have been no such discussions and it looks like it will be a group of us in a nice setting playing some fun games, which is just as I'd hoped it would be. :)

Zhu Bajie

Fimm McCool":3vuwsbcw said:
Zhu Bajie":3vuwsbcw said:

Last year they still had the 2014 event linked...

Yeah Foundry also had special guests listed and those Wayne England T-Shirts. Just seems odd that they seem to expect a larger turn out whilst putting less visible effort into promoting it. Don't mean to sound churlish there, they do a fantastic job of running the actual event.

Ultimately the target size of the thing is up to the organisers, what they want to do. Was 2015 too big for you? Just curious.

Snickit

Zhu Bajie":3hdxnp56 said:
Snickit":3hdxnp56 said:

You're pretty well renowned. Mostly everyone who does Oldhammer already knows about BOLY16. Unfortunately at this point it's a bit late to try to engage the fence-sitters and casuals but you never know.

Do a Poll Post (whatever that is)

Awwwww, you're too kind.

Poll posted, completely unscientific but hey, it's an attempt. :lol:

Fimm McCool

Zhu Bajie":1k9bhe6h said:
Was 2015 too big for you? Just curious.

No it was great. I was afraid it might have gotten a lot bigger than 2014, but it seemed to have the same great atmosphere so maybe the greater numbers were transient traffic.

Snickit":1k9bhe6h said:
Poll posted

Where? :)

Golgfag1

Well today's, the day; so, if you're coming, see you there. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Play up, play up & play the game 8-) 8-) 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

OK folk,

Please find attached the few of the pictures I took whilst at BOYL, please take it has read that as a member of the Forum you have my permission to use them on your Blogs etc. as you will. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Chico's horde.JPG
    Chico's horde.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 2,475
  • feeding the birds 001.jpg
    feeding the birds 001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,475
  • feeding the birds 002.jpg
    feeding the birds 002.jpg
    792.1 KB · Views: 2,475
  • feeding the birds 003.jpg
    feeding the birds 003.jpg
    821.9 KB · Views: 2,475
  • feeding the birds 004.jpg
    feeding the birds 004.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 2,475
  • feeding the birds 005.jpg
    feeding the birds 005.jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 2,475

Golgfag1

Ditto above

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• feeding the birds 026.jpg
    feeding the birds 026.jpg
    808 KB · Views: 2,473
  • feeding the birds 027.jpg
    feeding the birds 027.jpg
    850.9 KB · Views: 2,473
  • Four Wargamers.JPG
    Four Wargamers.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 2,473
  • feeding the birds 006.jpg
    feeding the birds 006.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,473
  • feeding the birds 008.jpg
    feeding the birds 008.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,473
  • feeding the birds 007.jpg
    feeding the birds 007.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,473

Golgfag1

More of the same

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Advanced Hero Quest Table.JPG
    Advanced Hero Quest Table.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 2,471
  • Boyz cruising for a bruising.JPG
    Boyz cruising for a bruising.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 2,471
  • feeding the birds 009.jpg
    feeding the birds 009.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,471
  • feeding the birds 019.jpg
    feeding the birds 019.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,471
  • Imperial Dreadnought.JPG
    Imperial Dreadnought.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 2,471
  • Imperial Dreadnoughts.JPG
    Imperial Dreadnoughts.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 2,471
  • Orkboy with big gun.JPG
    Orkboy with big gun.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 2,471
  • Orkboys.JPG
    Orkboys.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 2,471
  • Rouge Trader Game.JPG
    Rouge Trader Game.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 2,471

Golgfag1

Same again!

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Terminators & Marines.JPG
    Terminators & Marines.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 2,469
  • feeding the birds 025.jpg
    feeding the birds 025.jpg
    964.2 KB · Views: 2,469
  • feeding the birds 024.jpg
    feeding the birds 024.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 2,469
  • feeding the birds 023.jpg
    feeding the birds 023.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,469
  • feeding the birds 022.jpg
    feeding the birds 022.jpg
  • feeding the birds 021.jpg
    feeding the birds 021.jpg

Golgfag1

Think this is just about it. A few pictures of my very enjoyable game of Space Fleet with Steve - may have got me to invest in a copy for myself!
Hope these help :lol:
Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• feeding the birds 011.jpg
    feeding the birds 011.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,465
  • feeding the birds 012.jpg
    feeding the birds 012.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,465
  • feeding the birds 014.jpg
    feeding the birds 014.jpg
    989.7 KB · Views: 2,465