BOYL 2016- silly games of Chaos warbands?

Hello.

I need to get out of the house so I am resolved to come to BOYL this year. (btw do i need to register attendance or is it only if I need to book a table?)

I was wondering if anyone is interested/already planning to do some kind of chaos warband games. I have some forces of Tzeentch and of the independent chaos god Zuuf. Happy to play or I could have a go at being GM. If i GM i could base it on the ongoing adventures of the Earl of Jabberwick Green or come up with something new.

p.s. non-chaos warbands such as warband of Law would also be welcome.

Bane

I was thinking this very same thought myself. I'd be up for some Chaos Warband games, I can bring some terrain too?

Good stuff, Bane :)

Terrain is something I am lacking, so that sounds great if you could bring some. What day/time do you think is best? and what table size? Im thinking either 3 by 4 or 4 by 6...

I am thinking that two or three linked small games would be the way to go. Depends how many people are interested.

VanLoon

I'd be interested in some chaos warbands games, depending on what day you're planning them.

I've got a definite game on the Friday, and a potential game on the Sunday. So if you're planning the games for the Saturday count me in please!

Bane

VanLoon, Bane, that all sounds fine. I am not committed to any games so I can certainly be free on Saturday, any time of day. So I´ll pencil in two games for Saturday, but wait a bit to see who else is interested before booking the table.

Bane, that terrain and the chaos troops looks great. It will certainly be welcome. The castle looks awesome although might be a bit tricky to feature it in a small warband game.

VanLoon

I'll be bringing some terrain too, mainly village buildings, which we can use if need be.

I'll also have a fair few villager models if we need any innocent bystander NPCs in any of the games.

Bane

Shall we (I?) book a table for the three of us and allow anyone else to join in with their own minis if they want? I ran a warbands game the year before last at BOyl, with some last minute participants, which added to the fun.

Bane

I've booked a table for Saturday (all day) and I hope others may plonk down some models on the day and join in. We can adapt some of the scenarios from the LatD or create our own and if there's enough interest perhaps we can even develop our warbands with additional rewards/retinue members and play a sequence of games.

Hi guys. Thanks for booking the table, Bane. I am happy to be GM for you two to play games and to have some developement between games such as reward or new followers, which will probably be more contrived rather than rolled up at random. I could use some of my chaos miniatures as neutral NPC type characters or as new followers for you to aquire. Let me know what you think of that. We could instead have more of a straight up battle style game if preferred. Or if someone else is eager to be GM I am cool with that.

If anyone else wants to join in that would be great and we could even have 3 or four way battles such as a race to find some artifact etc.

Bane

weismonsters":3mpq0ljo said:
Hi guys. Thanks for booking the table, Bane. I am happy to be GM for you two to play games and to have some developement between games such as reward or new followers, which will probably be more contrived rather than rolled up at random. I could use some of my chaos miniatures as neutral NPC type characters or as new followers for you to aquire. Let me know what you think of that. We could instead have more of a straight up battle style game if preferred. Or if someone else is eager to be GM I am cool with that.

If anyone else wants to join in that would be great and we could even have 3 or four way battles such as a race to find some artifact etc.

That all sounds great, thank you. I don't mind whether we go for a straight up fight or play along to some narrative and development (but the latter is always my favourite).

I've been thinking about stepping up to GM a couple of games too (I have a warband/dungeon crawl idea: http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6720 I might try out), so you can get to play with your toys too.

weazil

Hi chaps

If you're looking to set this up as a participation game (i.e. to enable others to just plonk some stuff down), if you can send me some sort of description (basically, whatever sales pitch you want to use to compete with the other games on Saturday), together with any rules, data of value and pictures, I can get that up onto the BOYL site for you over the weekend.

Thanks
Regards

Gaj

Hello weazil thanks for your comments.

I am not sure whether we are going to be doing it as an actual particiation game as such, or more of a case of shoehorning a few players in at the last minute if necessary. In any case i dont think we will have anything finalised in terms of rules by this weekend.

Yes I think there was. But my personal preference would be to use warbands generated using the books in any way that the players see fit. For example my warbands were generated by rolling a starting profile then generating about 6 or 7 rewards, fudging a few rolls here and there as appropriate.

Matttp

I'd quite like to jump on this (other stuff permitting). I've got a small amount of chaosy stuff painted (1000pts) so I'm sure there would be the components for a warband in there somewhere (can I, can I, can I?).

Hi Mattp,

Im sure that is fine. Do you have the realm of chaos books? If not we could meet up perhaps on Friday night to sort out a warband. Bring whatever miniatures you want, we can shoehorn them in.

I will try to get a general outline of the narrative for some games sorted out tomorrow.

Back