BOYL 2016 - Warhammer 4th Edition

weazil

Hey all!

I was thinking of having a little 4th ed. action sometime over the weekend at BOYL. Before I try to organise something, I thought I'd gauge interest.

So - anyone interested in just a (or even a few) private games?

or...a bigger game with a few players a side?

or...some kind of mini campaign / this battle impacts that battle / this table impacts that table type of thing?

Now - the caveat. I am interested in RESPONSIBLE 4th Edition. I know that the system is appalling for abusive combinations and unit deletion. Using the power of 3rd edition I believe we have the means to use this system in a fun and responsible way that uses the system to its most excellent capability, without the power fest. If you have some thoughts on controlling this, then this is a great thread to discuss that on too :)

Galadrin

Terrific, be sure to take pictures if you get it going!

There are hundreds of ways to tweak 4th Edition to your fancy. The best resource for this is the 5th Edition Battle Book. Off the top of my head, only one magic item per character and a 25% cap on characters is a great start.

Blue in VT

uummm...excuse me! this is the Oldhammer Forum! Not the Middlehammer Forum! Jeez...know your audience!

:lol:

Cheers,

Blue

weazil

I think the gentleman doth protest too much ;)

Blue in VT":2wbyk96m said:
uummm...excuse me! this is the Oldhammer Forum! Not the Middlehammer Forum! Jeez...know your audience!

:lol:

Cheers,

Blue

Snickit

Am up for this but will be running the Battle for Maugthrond Pass on the Sunday so if this tweaks 4th edition nostalgia enough then awesome, if not, I'm always up for a game elsewhen..............................

Erny

I could be persuaded to bring a 4th ed army, yep I'm sad enough to have a seperate lot of 4th ed armies...

Quick Ben

Hi,

I think I'll be signing up to Maugthrond Pass for the Sunday but should be up for a bit more 4th edition on the Saturday. I'd have an army but no scenery to contribute....

Galadrin

Erny":abi8vf7n said:
I could be persuaded to bring a 4th ed army, yep I'm sad enough to have a seperate lot of 4th ed armies...

The only Warhammer armies I have are 4th Edition (Undead, Orcs & Goblins, Chaos, Empire, Wood Elves, Chaos Dwarfs and Dwarfs, with bits and pieces of the other races).

Snickit

I'm honestly not sure that much restrictions need to be placed. Easiest way is to go for small Armies. I tend to find 1500pts is about right, 2000 at a push and a lot of the practices that would be frowned upon go out of the window.

Snickit

As I now think I'll be able to make the Friday too I was wondering if anyone wanted to have a bash at some 4th Ed on the Friday afternoon.

If we stick to small games (1000 to 1500 pts) we should be able to get a couple of games in.

Maybe stick a flag on some smaller tables, 4 ft by 4 ft maybe?

Snickit

Ok, as there seems to be some interest for 4th but off of the Forum I'm resurrecting this thread to make it real.

If you're up for some games of 4th on the Friday either pm or evening and are happy to commit to games please reply below (this is where I fall flat on my face amd no one replies) and we can sort out a few games and find opponents.

Could even play doubles if we can't get the tables.

I'd suggest 1500pt armies (meaning if we do doubles it would be 3000 points a side).

If doubles play happens then only rules that really need clarifying would be:
1) Each force can only use their Army's General and/or Battle Standard bonuses and rerolls.
2) Winds of Magic Cards are dealt to each side and then the players decide how to use them between their two armies.

Back