Inquisitor Cynole and the Temple of Gloom [BOYL 2016]

Niibl

I am tempted to build the nearly the whole Trade guild crew from non-GW Blood Bowl miniatures (Willy and others).
As I'll probably never paint up a team it would be an opportunity to use them for other purposes.
Mainly Squats but also humans and even an ogryn and a ratling (both security guards).
As professional lumber jacks they should all have PPE and Blood Bowl comes quite close and I have miniatures with chainsaws...

@Scalene: Would that be ok or would that conflict with your vision?

The two overseers would then be of the unarmed kind (only pointing and shouting as the obvious use of whips is boring)
The mechanic and the Boss will probably be citadel dwarfs or squats.

Scalene

Niibl please go for it.

Part of the background is that on this far-flung planet they have a lax attitude to aliens, psykers, abhumans and other 'scum' compared to most of the Imperium, so your ideas are quite in keeping. I hadn't really thought about the lumberjack/chainsaw link but now it seems obvious. Only thing is that they are supposed to be relatively civilian - i.e. think security guards/Imperial Guard, not power armoured, cyborg, killing machines. If I had been doing the models, I would have probably used things like Van Saar (which I like as general purpose corporate paramilitaries) or Catachan Luke from the Rogue Trader mercs.http://solegends.com/citads1988a/198802rt1/fly8899rt1f3-rt7-01.htm

I've just painted up a model that I originally had in mind for the Trading Guild boss - you are welcome to use him or bring your own.
guilder.jpg

Scalene

James - that does leave with you with the natives. But don't worry - I've started work on converting some fantastic looking picts, and they have an important role in the scenario.

Niibl

Ok, miniatures are ready for painting...darn! I am short of a technician
And I will probably add a soda can+straw to the first tech.

Attachments

• Forumpost_01.jpg
    Forumpost_01.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 2,826
  • Forumpost_02.jpg
    Forumpost_02.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,826
  • Forumpost_03.jpg
    Forumpost_03.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,826

Scalene

I have been making jungle ruins, so it's all coming together. Pictures soon. I'm aiming to send out briefings/force lists at end of June.

Scalene

This is going to be in the Saturday evening slot. Hope you can all make it. Please let me know as early as possible if you are going to have to drop out. If anyone is interested in being on the reserve list then let me know.

Scalene

I have sent out briefings to most of the players, but I don't have email addresses for Niibl or Just John. Please PM me....

Scalene

I am short of a player for the nobles. Would anyone like to volunteer? You can supply models or not, as you prefer. Please get in touch.

Scalene

Another step forward. The floor plans are finished in Photoshop. Just need to bring them into the physical world now.
cynole_floorplan_sample.jpg

Scalene

Thanks. Floor plans are all printed out and looking good. Got a lot of ornithopter work to do though....

Back