Battle for Maugthrond Pass

Snickit

I've banged on about this before but I'd really love to run the 4th edition boxed set scenario "The Battle for Maugthrond Pass" at BOYL 2016,

Yes, I know it's 4th and that it's not the coolest or trendiest thing in the Oldhammer community to love anything after 3rd BUT I have lots of lovely memories growing up playing 4th with my Brother (Erny) and my friends and the people I spoke to about it this year liked the idea but I don't know if there is a large appetite for it

If I can get at least two other people interested and a table I'll run it as GM (with metal minis, not card templates or plastics).

So, anyone willing to put their hand up and admit to wanting to indulge in the guilty pleasure that is 4th?

Come on, I dare ya, no, I triple dare ya, no, in fact dear reader (if you've gotten this far), I 4th dare ya!

Oh also/or, I'm thinking of running a 4th Ed campaign through the BOYL2016 weekend using the 5th Ed campaign rules (you know the ones, where you roll up territories). If anyone is interested in this idea please can you let me know below.

Gosh, anyone would think I was electing myself as a sort of 4th Ed Oldhammer Champion (as in a campaigning for it's rights kind of way, certainly not in a top notch general stylie, Erny will certainly testify to my inability in that area!)

weazil

You have my attention, sir.

I'm not sure about a whole weekend of 4th edition, but I wouldn't mind an opportunity to get involved. Most likely able to deliver on Undead, but Chaos and Orcs&Goblins are in the mix too...

Snickit

weazil":2nnim9if said:
You have my attention, sir.

I'm not sure about a whole weekend of 4th edition, but I wouldn't mind an opportunity to get involved. Most likely able to deliver on Undead, but Chaos and Orcs&Goblins are in the mix too...

Armies are only 1500pts each so you're looking at 2 or 3 hours a game tops, could probably fit two or three games into one day (so long as prep is done before hand) so could just do a campaign on one day if we could manage at least 4 players.

Golgfag1

Put me down as a possible, in the kinda way, that if, no one else will, I might, kinda way; as I picked-up a couple of sets of fourth, back 2013 for the first BOYL by mistake and have still got em! :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

i'm not 100% on whether i'm coming to BOYL yet but if i do, Maugthrond Pass would be awesome. It's the only warhammer fantasy i've ever played and that was 35 years ago!

Snickit

llamafish":3rj2pdln said:
Which day did you have this planned for?

Hi,

Firstly can I say start by saying sorry for not being on here much, had other life commitments but hopefully making a stab at being on here regularly again.

My idea was to this on a Sunday morning as a tonic for the bleary eyedness of the night before.

I nice and easy straight forward game.

Anyone up for other 4th edition goodness let me know.

Snickit

OK, it's official, this now has to happen on the Sunday as I've booked up a table......................

I'm hoping to still use all metal minis and hopefully my own but I may need to steal some of my Brother Erny's Gobbos if I don't get mine done in time.

I've booked both morning and afternoon for this so I may even run it a couple of times as I don't expect it to be a long game, there's less than 70 minis a side.

Snickit

OK, this IS going ahead! Let me know if you're up for joining in still.

Attachments

• 4th Edition Image.jpg
    4th Edition Image.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 1,761

Snickit

JellyRovers":1ohorlbk said:
I would love to play in it but can't really add anything!

All mini's are supplied, all you need do is turn up and decide which side you want to play on.

Snickit

Fimm McCool":155uxog6 said:
Did you still need shields? I know where they are now...

I wouldn't say no, what would you like in return? Cold hard cash or are there some mini's you're actively looking for that I may be able to supply?

Snickit

Snickit":3hjxyetu said:
Fimm McCool":3hjxyetu said:
Did you still need shields? I know where they are now...

I wouldn't say no, what would you like in return? Cold hard cash or are there some mini's you're actively looking for that I may be able to supply?

Or I could pay you in Jungle Meat Kebabs? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back