Boyl 16 Rise of Morcar, or HeroQuest the battle or BFFG

ardyer

Fimm McCool":3ks3q6le said:
ardyer":3ks3q6le said:
Yea, Zargon is what he was called here in the USA. We also got a more advanced rule set, apparently.

I realise that, but honestly, Zargon? Morcar is a much better name! It's not that advanced, just presented as an RPG system rather than a board game. ;)
Who am I to get inside the heads of marketing gurus?

And I've just read that it's more advanced. I'm way too lazy to sit down and compare the two!

Snickit

ardyer":3v10ysj5 said:
Fimm McCool":3v10ysj5 said:
ardyer":3v10ysj5 said:
Yea, Zargon is what he was called here in the USA. We also got a more advanced rule set, apparently.

I realise that, but honestly, Zargon? Morcar is a much better name! It's not that advanced, just presented as an RPG system rather than a board game. ;)
Who am I to get inside the heads of marketing gurus?

And I've just read that it's more advanced. I'm way too lazy to sit down and compare the two!

I thought a complete range of Transformers on sale was all there was to be jealous of!!!!!!

Fimm McCool

Do you think Bryan can be convinced that this is the perfect opportunity for Foundry to crack out those HQ prototype moulds he has stashed under the bed? ;)

Snickit

Fimm McCool":2c13z0hn said:
Do you think Bryan can be convinced that this is the perfect opportunity for Foundry to crack out those HQ prototype moulds he has stashed under the bed? ;)

Or to produce a new game called "Quest Hero"?

I would LOVE a mass heroquest game! It shoud be easy enough to do, just need lots of dice! Each side rolls all thier dice at once for each "combat group", just like warhammer. so a goblin unit with a frontage of 10 gets 10 defend dice, while the attackers roll, say 20 attack dice. Just match up hits and blacks, then assign wounds. Use the warhmmer rules (of your preference!) for how woulds shoud be allocated? Could do a challenge mechanic too so heros can fight heros?

Also, I just searched for a pdf of the heroquest rules. Hasbro has it up on thier site for free! Awesome.

http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/HeroQuest.PDF

Fimm McCool

Snickit":cl30lr87 said:
Fimm McCool":cl30lr87 said:

Or to produce a new game called "Quest Hero"?

I'd buy it. :)
Heroic Quest? Heroes' Quest? Quest of Heroes? All kinds of possibilities!

ramshackle_curtis":cl30lr87 said:
I would LOVE a mass heroquest game! It shoud be easy enough to do, just need lots of dice! Each side rolls all thier dice at once for each "combat group", just like warhammer. so a goblin unit with a frontage of 10 gets 10 defend dice, while the attackers roll, say 20 attack dice. Just match up hits and blacks, then assign wounds. Use the warhmmer rules (of your preference!) for how woulds shoud be allocated? Could do a challenge mechanic too so heros can fight heros?

Just gonna say. I'd do it, and what's more I'd be happy to organize the dice. There, I offered. :)

Erny

I have actually done something similar in the past:

http://ernysplace.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-4-year-old-general.html

I did make things a little more complicated with different symbols on different dice sets. This way a Chaos warrior could roll just one dice and still be better than a goblin rolling just one dice.

Actually wasn't battle masters just the heroquest mass combat game?

Anyway immaterial, this is a big game of warhammer.

Golgfag1

Surely the challenge has to be - beat the total number of figures & models that we had for the siege game, which; if, I recall correctly - was just over the two thousand mark, now that would be a BIG GAME? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Erny

The Numbers I intend to bring, all old pre 1993 lead:

Orcs and Goblins:
7 units of about 20-30 Boyz.
1 unit 12 arrer Boyz one of 20 x-bows.
1 unti of 10 boar boyz
2 units of 30 gobbo stickkas (bows)
1 unit 30 gobbos
2 units 10 goblin wolf boys.
Assorted war machines.
2 wyverns
9 Trolls
315 figures

Chaos:
2 units of 12 warriors.
2 units 6 chaos knights.
3 units 15 beastmen.
1 unit 8 chaos hounds.
1 unit 12 chaos dwarf crossbows.
1 unit 10 cultist with bows.
1 unit 20 cultists based as thugs.
12 Daemonetts
1 Keeper of secrets
8 Blood hounds.
16 Blood letters
1 or 2 Blood thirsters.
1 chaos dwarf mortar
162 figures

Undead:
3 units 20 skeletons
1 unit 20 zombies
1 unit 10 death riders
1 unit 6 carrion (to paint)
1 unti 10 wraiths
1 unit 8 Mummies.
2 catapults.
130 figures.

So thats 607 figures,I plan to get some more chaos knights and thugs painted, perhps some more skeletons.

I'll list my good/law figures in another post. I think there are more though.

Erny":41sy83hq said:
L.L.P. please do bring your skeletons, you woudl be more than welcom to also command the undead faction I bring as well, I'm intending to command either my wood elves or my empire/bretonian forces myself.

Good to hear you will join us Fimm, I don't need to worry about painting up any Fimir now, though maybe I will just to ensure some actual HQ Fimir make it. I don't remember there being any in your excellent army.

Cool thanks Erny. As well as painted HQ skeletons I have warhammer undead I can bring to supplement the units you already have even if they couldn't be many full units by themselves.

If..and this is a big if.. I get time I'll paint up the HQ undead that hasn't yet seen the brush yet. ( I have the full set from HQ and Witch Lord) it would be great to see multiple full units of HQ monsters on the board I think :)

I have the original HQ rulebook I can bring too if we go that way

Need to finish my Orks to battle in Curtis' RT tournie first... :?

Erny

littleleadperson":33xu5oif said:
Erny":33xu5oif said:
L.L.P. please do bring your skeletons, you woudl be more than welcom to also command the undead faction I bring as well, I'm intending to command either my wood elves or my empire/bretonian forces myself.

Good to hear you will join us Fimm, I don't need to worry about painting up any Fimir now, though maybe I will just to ensure some actual HQ Fimir make it. I don't remember there being any in your excellent army.

Cool thanks Erny. As well as painted HQ skeletons I have warhammer undead I can bring to supplement the units you already have even if they couldn't be many full units by themselves.

If..and this is a big if.. I get time I'll paint up the HQ undead that hasn't yet seen the brush yet. ( I have the full set from HQ and Witch Lord) it would be great to see multiple full units of HQ monsters on the board I think :)

Sounds great sir, I hope to get some of the orcs painted, though I'm hesitant to touch any of my olrignial set with theirpai nt jobs by 13 year old me.

So we can defo put you down as the Witch king/necrommancer?

Your HQ Chaos Sorcerer is very nice as are your HQ Skeletons and your Moorely Skeleton command will be very welcom too.

Snickit

Erny":2x30yllg said:
Snickit":2x30yllg said:
Oh, are we just going for up to end of 3rd edition minis?

No not at all I just don't have much stuff from after this time painted yet.

Well that's alright then!

Once I've finished my BFMP project I'll see what else I can get painted time permitting.

Snickit

Would anyone object to using units from later editions? Specifically Pistoliers.

We could just use them as Kriegsritter armed with pistols.

I think you double equipment costs for mounted troops if memory serves properly so they'd come in at 2 points more than a normal Kriegsritter armed with a crossbow (i.e. crossbow at 3 points x2 = 6, 2 pistols at 4 points (points each) x2 = 8 so 2 points more).

Other things translate a lot easier, for example High Elf Swordmasters would just be Warrior Kindreds armed with double handed swords.

I just don't think that any of the Warhammer Armies human lists (other than Chaos thugs) either in the main/allies/mercenary sections allow for pistol armed cavalry.

Erny

Whose keeping track of points?

Humans on horses with L.A and a brace of pistols. Simple.

Erny":2t5afcin said:
littleleadperson":2t5afcin said:
Erny":2t5afcin said:

Sounds great sir, I hope to get some of the orcs painted, though I'm hesitant to touch any of my olrignial set with theirpai nt jobs by 13 year old me.

So we can defo put you down as the Witch king/necrommancer?

Your HQ Chaos Sorcerer is very nice as are your HQ Skeletons and your Moorely Skeleton command will be very welcom too.

Thanks for the compliment Ernie! :grin: It's good to know someone looks at my blog ;)

You can definitely put me down for the undead contingent. I have a number of other undead minis I can bring too that aren't on that blog.

Quick Ben

Hi Erny,

Snicket mentioned I should be a bit more proactive and sign up to your game! I'm definitely up for this if there is still scope for me to help command any human / empire contingent. I have 4th edition Empire models I can bring along to supplement the 3rd edition models you have.

Alan

Back