Victorian/Steampunk/Space Adventurer types from Oakbound

Fimm McCool

It may be of interest to some of your Rogue Traders and supporters of Oakbound that we're about to do this:

12031470_702808529854039_5030946687042830384_o.jpg

I've just had the master castings of this group through from the exceptionally helpful Kieven from Lancer and have almost finished sculpting the second wave, you may be able to find a space adventurer or two among them.

Anyhow, I would also be interested in your input as miniatures collectors. I'm asking the UK Steampunk community to vote for the personages they'd like to see turned into miniatures next. Voting is on the basis of personal merit and I want the miniatures to pay homage to the movers and shakers of the Steampunk scene, but they also need to be commercially viable characters so if you have a moment would you mind popping over to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NMW7F5B and voting for the characters (pictures provided) that you think would make good additions to a Steampunk/retro sci-fi range? Your input would be muchly appreciated, ta!

Fimm McCool

Re: Next Oakbound kickstarter, and a favour to ask

Thanks dude! I'd still be interested in seeing your paintwork on them. ;)

Fimm McCool

Re: Next Oakbound kickstarter, and a favour to ask

Hahahahahaha, nope. She's not been nominated, but if you want a model of her (35mm scale mind!) there'll be an option in the KS to have a custom sculpt of your choice added to the range. ;)
We're largely going for more, um, conventional sized ladies for this range as there are a million 'sexy' steampunk models about already, but it doesn't hurt to have one or two in the set! :)

Fimm McCool

Halfway through now, so still a bit of time if you're pondering. I was at an event with Spartan Games this weekend and got to compare them size-wise with the new Dystopian Legions... their '28mm heroics' are pretty much on equal height with these 35mms which just goes to prove that '28mm ain't what it used to be'! I did a scale comparison of some makes you might know:
09cddf4baff84317a88d057f1c77887d_original.jpg

Back