Ral Partha: Chaos Wars

zoggin-eck

I can't tell you how happy I am that they went for such a sensible initial goal. Perhaps the greatest interest to posters here might be Tom Meier's Troglodytes? That stretch-goal seems very far away though! On a personal note, I hope the ogre cavalry makes it. Just a few days ago I was looking at my 1/72 scale elephants and wondering if I could make my own attempt at them! They are one of those models I've never quite been able to get. The add-on models are mostly ones I wanted to buy from them anyway, so that's good too.

It's also really nice to see some unreleased models possibly being made. I hope they advertise it like crazy though. None of the usual "miniature news" type sites I watch have mentioned it yet.

(Silly me though, I kept sneakily checking all yesterday at work, knowing it was up on the 27th but forgetting the huge time difference!)

Asslessman

Excellent initiatives and the prospect of seeing legendary references being brought back is ace. I'm just a bit puzzled about the poor efforts to show th emodels nicely, pictures are not of top quality and the painting and basing could have been better...

zoggin-eck

Gotta say I'm also interested to see what happens with their Chaos Wars rules. They've mentioned expanding it (larger and smaller battles) and the army bundles have larger units than the game allows (24 infantry agains the usual 12). With the artillery models it mentions them in the rules, too. I'd love to try playing the game, but at the moment not having cannons and the like is a big turn-off, so this is good news.

Asslessman":38mq6ubz said:
Excellent initiatives and the prospect of seeing legendary references being brought back is ace. I'm just a bit puzzled about the poor efforts to show th emodels nicely, pictures are not of top quality and the painting and basing could have been better...

Yeah, pretty annoying. Even just good shots of unpainted models at a decent size would surely help. I wish they'd black-wash them or something too, some models I know are ace are just bright silver blobs in the photo!

ardyer

Asslessman":2t8mkfh6 said:

Iron Wind Metal us, I'm pretty sure, a small shop now. I know a ton of their former employees and that's the vibe I get. So, I suspect they don't have the manpower to do it.

Asslessman

ardyer":1ys9fyzv said:
Iron Wind Metal us, I'm pretty sure, a small shop now. I know a ton of their former employees and that's the vibe I get. So, I suspect they don't have the manpower to do it.

Sad thing really, we know the models or at least their quality, but ti get the attention of other markets or even to help the sale of the basic models, a little effort in photo and basing for instance could have done a lot imho. Tome Meier's name speaks for itself I know but a small delay just to get those points done would have made a difference.

zoggin-eck

A couple more sneaky extras added - Tom's Dwarfs, Lizard Warriors/Lesser Troglodytes and some ninjas. An hour to go :)

Back