Kickstarter: Open Combat

Hi Folks,

I'm currently backing this fully-customisable skirmish rule set, Open Combat, by Second Thunder that's been available for a few months now as a downloadable PDF:

OPEN COMBAT on Kickstarter

The Kickstarter is an attempt to get the PDF into an actual print book. Furthermore, if it reaches £6000 it will become a shiny hardback.

I bought the PDF last year and though I've read through it and have been impressed with what I've seen, I confess I have not yet had the chance to actually play the game (my life being consumed with work and the raising of two small boys). However, Open Combat is being met with generally positive reviews across the board. The only criticism on the whole is that people are finding the lack of pre-fabricated character profiles somewhat challenging. However, for a certain generation of gamers who were used to doing things themselves, this really shouldn't pose a problem.

Blue in VT

Ive been interested in this rule set as well. It seems we are blessed by a plethora of options when it comes to skirmish games these days.,...thanks for your input on this one.

Cheers,

Blue

Back