Kickstarter - Orcs

zoggin-eck

Hey everyone, thought this Kickstarter might be of interest to some people here?

I'm not the biggest Kickstarter fan, but I do like seeing small, manageable ones rather than over the top bigger company ones with several hundred stretch-goals. I'm on a bit of a "small business" kick at the moment, so I like the idea of supporting new and independent sculptors. That, and I'd like to encourage anyone releasing models that aren't made of bendy "resin plastic", "restic" or whatever we want to call it now :) Same goes for

Some will scoff at the "classic" description as really meaning "GW rip-off", but I think they are different enough to others to warrant being made. As I've said elsewhere, they kind of remind me of the love-child of a Nick Lund Orc and the first Brian Nelson Orcs (super hunched Big-un's). A little crude or amateur looking, but I rather like them.

Pretty cheap, too, although I do know the risks of backing Kickstarter projects. I'll probably wait until he shows actually cast examples, not just greens.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/23 ... /28mm-orcs

Thantsants

Hmm could be tempted by this - love the old Nick Lund stuff and what you get for your money seems pretty reasonable.

lancer

Hi Guys, Thankyou for talking about my orcs its nice to see people spotted them, classic I think is ok as a word as they are done in the old and my favourite style, also of course they have got to be able to mix in with other peoples army, and yes you are right but traders don't like to mention the G word, its a bit like saying Macbeth before the show ;)
A few people have commented on the price and one guy said he wont buy because they were too cheap and said they must be ripoffs, The thing about kickstart is its there to help companies make new items, I see a lot of companies making it there shop, so they ask normal price take thousands of pounds but when it reaches the shop its exactly the same price, that is not how I see it, I am using it to sponser a new range that I couldn't afford to do on my own, therefore you get them at a discount price, you are helping me, I give you cheep figures in return. On the first lot of orcs even though they went well over the asking price, I have made no money at all, it all went into making masters buying metal and bases, and once kickstart pay me, (very slow) postage will come to about £400 but I am hoping everyone is happy with them and pledge on my next unit of orcs https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/23 ... miniatures if all goes well I will just keep expanding the range until people can buy entire armies from me at sensible price. If you look at the orcs please excuse paint job, I cannot paint at all, and my friend is getting them done nicely but he is painfully slow, bless him.
Sorry if I have waffled but I am old

Zhu Bajie

lancer":72xklq81 said:
Sorry if I have waffled but I am old

:lol: waffle away!

Good luck with these, not really my cup of tea (although I do like the look of your Marsh Lizards, especially as they have sci-fi versions as well - very Lustria '83 ). I was looking at your website and all the prices are extremely affordable, which should be applauded, not treated with suspicion. Bah, people eh!

lancer

Halfway through new Kickstart, this time for Orc Archers, should have the moulds made about midweek can then then crack on with the casting, so soon as kickstart finishes can get the little tykes posted out https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/23 ... miniatures was well chuffed they reached there goal in 4 days, Dwarfs are going to be added to my range shortly, they will be known as Templar Dwarfs so that should give you a clue to how they will look.

phreedh

Not that it's needed, but I'd like to vouch for Kieven and Lancer Minis... great folks doing great minis and delivering on their projects in no-time. All in all a delight to do business with! =D

wolfden76

Just looked at these figures and I am speechless, I have looked at a heap of figures and these are some of the best orcs I have seen wish I got onto the sword and shield orcs from the start. They have that orc feel about them, will be ordering soon, and with christmas coming up as well. :grin:

Back