Mini Gangs Ramshackle's FREE GAME

I have mad a new game, and part of it is for the kids. Its called Mini Gangs.

Mini Gangs has three ways to play, Gateway, Casual and Hardcore. The first, Gateway, is just that, a way into our hobby. I originally designed it to play as a kids game, but have since found that it is a good way to introduce new players to model gaming. You only need four figures each, a tabletop, one dice, a ruler and some scenery.

I know alot of parents who game and want a way to get their kids to play. I myself have been playing this with my 6 year old. He loves it and endlessly hassles me to play, although Im finding it hard to get him to make or paint a gang (his little brother is the creative one).

So, if you fancy some easy gaming with your kids, or want to get your non-gaming significant other to play, then please give Mini Gangs a try out. Its free.

ITS FREE! I have put up a pdf on Scribd and SaberCat, plus both pages as .jpgs on Imigur(pdfs have text based type, the jpg flattens the text into pixels). The images are designed to be printed onto two sides of an A3 sheet. I will be getting these printed up as part of the Kicksaterter to, so come and back that if you want a hard copy ;).

Here are the links:
Scribd
https://www.scribd.com/document/359598497/Mini-Gangs-Casual-Quickstart-Guide#

SaberCat
https://sabercathost.com/9dkP/MiniGangs_Quickstart.pdf

Imigur
https://imgur.com/TpEXTIE
https://imgur.com/8Onqccu

KickStarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/179741323/mini-gangs-skirmish-game

Playing tabletop strategy games is really good for children! Its full of mathematics, from numbers and estimating to planning and probability. I wrote an article about the benefits og our type of gaming on the Mini Gangs facebook page, If you would like to read it please follow this link :

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1737562069881500&id=1564113387226370

MagpieJono

Re: Ramshackle FREE GAME! Its for the kids...

Had a game of this this evening with my eldest. Good fun. Thanks for putting it out.

Dooz

Looks like something i should definitely try out with the kids. Thx for putting this up.

Nice! Yeah its great to see it going down well. If you have any awesome quotes on what the kids think that would be very helpful for marketing for me ;)

Dooz

One small note though, you're using the term Aptitude on the first page but the stat is named Awesomeness on the second page, a minor detail, but you might want to correct it

MagpieJono

Also the healer doesn't have the Heal skill listed on their lost of what they can do. Again a minor thing as only they can do it.

It's nice that it can be played on a small surface. Played last night on a 2' square mat with a few pieces of scenery on it and it worked fine.

Argh! I check and check and recheck my texts but whole words dissapear or revart to an older form. I need a proof reader!

I will change the pages and then edit the links. THanks.

Dooz

Also, I don't see a digital rulebook as pledge reward at any level, is this intentional?

Yea, a proof reader before having x number of rulebooks printed would probably be a good idea ;)
Unless you want to go the GW way and make erratas and faq's every few weeks after launch day

I just put in a new reward level which is a digital bundle. It includes the rules, a printer friendly version, the gang sheets and the cards, all ready to print or for viewing on your preferred media device!

fe3MixL.jpg

Also by popular demand I have added the Grenade Marker tokens to the project. Mini Gangs casual and Hardcore add grenades to the game. When a model throws a grenade, one of the grenade markers is placed. Each grenade type has a radius of effect, which is measured from the grenade in the middle of the token.

SqbzUCQ.jpg

A set of 4 grenade tokens can be added to your chosen reward by increasing your pledge amount by £3.

eqjus7t.jpg

area23

Oh that's so cool. I've been looking for something easy to play with my daughter(s)! Thanks, will try it soon.

Berkut666

Played a few games of the casual (free/gateway) version of this last night. Like the concept of learning it in steps, which reminds me a bit of Bloodbowl. My eldest (9) got it fairly quickly and enjoyed it using the following models I had lying about for his gang

- Ork as the leader
- Scrappy old SM sergeant as his healer
- A Halo miniature marine as the shooter
- A kroot as his fighter

He played the good lady who used some SM as her force. After a few games he was away to bed and me and the wife played 3 very quick ones in a row.

The entry level rules are vert simple and easy for new gamers to grasp which lead my wife, who has only ever played Bloodbowl with me a few times, to say those words I have been longing to hear "That was fun. But can we try something with a bit more depth" (no innuendo on her part but made the 11 year old in me giggle none the less)

Your Kickstart looks like it was successful, what were the outcomes? Will the other "levels" of the rules be available? I couldn't see them on your website!

Hey, great review thanks!

There are 3 modes of play, gateway, casual and hardcore.

Gateway is the intro rules.

Casual is the same rules, same 4 person gangs but adds cards for weapons, armour and other skills, equipment etc.

Hardore uses the basic rule sbut you use a points system to make any gang you want.

All the rules are in the booklet, plus a deck of cards. I will be putting the sets up on the web shop soon, plus I will be adding some expansions for Hardcore which will probably be free downlaods. It will be rules for some more classes plus scenario bits.

Back