Advanced Heroquest at BOYL 2015

Hi there,

I've just registered (both on the forum and for BOYL) and and hoping to let people know that I'd like to run an Advanced Heroquest campaign over the weekend. I'm coming with 2 or 3 friends so there may well be room for one or two extra players if people are keen; also if time goes well and there's interest I might even be able to accomodate a whole seperate group. Is this the right place to let people know about this and the fact we'd like to use a table?

In terms of the game, it'll hopefully have quite a classic AHQ feel as a lot of the dungeon denizens will be old school skaven, although they'll be supplemented by a few other beasties.

Rules wise, I'm going to tweak the AHQ rules a bit to hopefully make combat a bit quicker and more interesting. I'll also be using a pregenerated dungeon so I can make the traps and puzzles a bit more fiendish!

I guess that's it for now, if anyone could let me know if I'm ok to run this game that'd be great...and further to that if anyone really likes the sound of it and would like to join in then let me know (assuming there's space for it to go ahead!)

Cheers guys, nice to be here and I'm looking forward to meeting lots of other old school gaming and mini enthusiasts at the event :)

Fimm McCool

Yay! I love AHQ. I feel I'll be too busy to play a campaign, but if I can sneak a game in I'd love to.

Chalks up another figure to paint for the weekend!

weazil

Hi Nippy

Sounds like you've done all the right things! I see your registration, so that's good. I do believe we have space to accommodate your game (the challenge being the length of occupation, not size), but if push comes to shove, you might have to have different stages of your campaign on different tables to fit with everything else. I'm assuming this would be okay (if it is the standard cardboard fare), but let me know if you're anticipating the need to have a particular dungeon set up for a whole day.

Thanks
Regards

Gaj

billyfish

Hi Nippy,

potentially interested in joining in, what day/s are you running it and are you running it on the base characters OR random generated?

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Thinking about it, I may try and create a dungeon that can be played through in a relatively short time (say 2 hrs ish?) but that it quite tough... that way multiple groups could have a go, and people could try out different hero combinations etc...

In terms of tables, I'm perfectly happy to shift around and make space for others as needed! Especially with the more flexible approach outlined above :) I will be using the classic cardboard tiles so easy to shift about.

As far as the heroes go, I think I'll bring a few along pregenerated ones, but also let people create their own if they have a certain mini they want to use.

When...I'm not sure TBH. I think I'll probably decide on the weekend and try and come up with some kind of timetable for Saturday and Sunday that fits around the larger games. Hopefully there'll be chance for everyone to have a gop that wants to. One thing I DO know is I defdinitely want to play Death Race 40,000, so not then :grin:

One other thing, I'm going to tweak the rules a fair bit though, hopefully to give the hero players a few more interesting options in combat rather than just having to hack away and hope to roll high!

Right, exciting times! Off to the den of dungeon design..

Fimm McCool

Nippy Longskar":3gjxtz3w said:
As far as the heroes go, I think I'll bring a few along pregenerated ones, but also let people create their own if they have a certain mini they want to use.

Hehe, I read that as "I'll bring along a few pregnated ones.... :lol:

Back