Wanted: Victi...er...players

weazil

Hi

I had initially proposed to run Terror of the Lichemaster for BOYL 2015, but given that I am already about a month behind schedule, and currently being in the throes of a house move, I suspect the chances of me landing the thing in time is too slim to be worth attempting. I would rather do it properly than have some half-arsed shot at the thing.

So.

Turns out I suddenly have a bunch of time on my hands - to play games.

Simply put - I am looking for games. Warhammer Fantasy Battles 3rd edition. Realm of Chaos welcome. Ideally, playing against people I've not yet played. I have small forces of goblins and undead, with a solid force of Chaos. I have a tiny little contingent of Imperials as well. I would be happy to join in a two or three player-a-side affair and create an epic battle.

Now I realise that I could just pitch up and I'm sure that I could get games - that's not the problem. What I would like to do is collaborate with my opponents (and potential allies) to create a narrative and a sound reason for the intended goings on. Armies to be decided by character and good story telling, not by 'fairness'.

Anybody think they can deal with all that unfettered, raw oldhammer?

Hi Weazil, I am interested in Fantasy Battle games. What you have in mind sounds good to me.

I have Some chaos warbands and would be interested in playing Realms of chaos warband style game or even could field a small army.

But I would need to confirm that at a later date because I dont now if i will be able to make it over to the UK yet. So put me down as a possible pls. If others step in thats fine by me.

weazil

Just John":3dmnpiiy said:
Eh is this the same game as in the other thread ;)

Hi John

Not quite - the other thread is me offering to GM for some players. This thread is for me asking to play. I don't mind if I spend the whole weekend doing one or the other, but I thought it prudent to separate the requests.

Thanks for asking!

weazil

weismonsters":wa2f949p said:
Hi Weazil, I am interested in Fantasy Battle games. What you have in mind sounds good to me.

I have Some chaos warbands and would be interested in playing Realms of chaos warband style game or even could field a small army.

But I would need to confirm that at a later date because I dont now if i will be able to make it over to the UK yet. So put me down as a possible pls. If others step in thats fine by me.

That sounds neat - would we be talking about the forces of Zuuf (Zhuuf?) here? I'll keep that in mind - I can do warband skirmishes, but I do like me something larger scale. I think a smallish army game would work very well with the forces you have (as best I recall them, at any rate).

Keep me posted!

Just John

Aha - thanks for clarifying that. Well if the other falls through I'll happily challenge your goblins.

weazil":1g0gu7lo said:
Just John":1g0gu7lo said:
Eh is this the same game as in the other thread ;)

Hi John

Not quite - the other thread is me offering to GM for some players. This thread is for me asking to play. I don't mind if I spend the whole weekend doing one or the other, but I thought it prudent to separate the requests.

Thanks for asking!

weismonsters":2rw2k3f1 said:
Thats right. The forces of Zuuf.

OK I will let you know a bit nearer the time.

:)

You have to come! I need to add you to my collection of photos of me eating nuggets with my D&D players :grin:

weazil

Captain Crooks":2rx143mf said:
weismonsters":2rx143mf said:
Thats right. The forces of Zuuf.

OK I will let you know a bit nearer the time.

:)

You have to come! I need to add you to my collection of photos of me eating nuggets with my D&D players :grin:

Capn's got a point. This is in the 'letter to your MP' level of seriousness, really. Sort of like National Duty level minus one.

Bane

I'd like to be in on something like this; last year I ran the Rensburg narrative based RoC/warbands game which was great fun with about 5 of us involved. I'd be up for more along those lines this year.

weazil

Hmmm...some interesting developments here - a veritable influx of the hordes of chaos. I suspect there is very much something that can be done here, so glad to see the developments. I realise points are a very backwards way of determining anything about anything, but if we had to think of the scale of the forces of Zuuf and Nurgle, what sort of size do you chaps think you have?

I think it would be better for us to lean towards the smaller scale (say 1200-1800 pts) so that we're not bound in one big game all day - I don't know what other players want to do, because I can go up to ~4k myself.

@John - assuming (for whatever reason) that you are able to throw your halflings into the fray, I can also see a two on two scenario here, with the halflings and Imperials facing off against the forces of chaos.

weazil":g6rp6g33 said:
Hmmm...some interesting developments here - a veritable influx of the hordes of chaos. I suspect there is very much something that can be done here, so glad to see the developments. I realise points are a very backwards way of determining anything about anything, but if we had to think of the scale of the forces of Zuuf and Nurgle, what sort of size do you chaps think you have?

I think it would be better for us to lean towards the smaller scale (say 1200-1800 pts) so that we're not bound in one big game all day - I don't know what other players want to do, because I can go up to ~4k myself.

@John - assuming (for whatever reason) that you are able to throw your halflings into the fray, I can also see a two on two scenario here, with the halflings and Imperials facing off against the forces of chaos.

Depending on the numbers involved, the times scheduled, the alignment of the planets and the space in my luggage (i dont need... clothes), I could bring a small force of Elves over the oceans to join the halflings and Imperials. I'm somewhat lacking in the Fantasy representation this BOYL!

weazil

Captain Crooks":17t29i4t said:
weismonsters":17t29i4t said:
I would struggle to get together more than 1000 points.

JB Assless told me to tell you that when he, weazil and I share a group hug, you get to be in the middle.

A manwich! You know, like a sandwich. With, er...y'know...

Anyway, 1000 (or even less) would still be very welcome!

Back