Oldhammer AHOY!

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Re: Oldhammer AHOY!

Are they Buzzer Squigs that love flesh of any variety or - heaven forbid - the equivalent of woodworm or roids? :shock:

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:43 am

Mine are mines.... They're like puffballs, so light they float. If they hit a ship/island/giant they'll explode and just leave a nasty stain, but if they land in the sea they'll take a chomp out of any ship that gets within gnashing range. :)

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Wow - very coo! Love the Egyptian statuette in particular!

Looks like great minds think alike in terms of crew though! I'll be using my horned Ogre shaman(?) as Winston the ogre from Time Bandits and whilst the landing party will be made up of 4A's marvellous Goblins, I do have a set of those pirate Goblins to make up the true seamen of the company (cue seaman jokes... ;) )

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:47 pm

Another wow from me, that's one big nasty ship, with a terrific back-story - certainly won't want to meet that on a dark night! :lol:

Now inspired to return to my initial idea of airships/balloons and mines! :twisted:

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:39 am

Goblink airship coming up.... with Snotling grapples!

Thantsants wrote: I do have a set of those pirate Goblins to make up the true seamen of the company (cue seaman jokes... ;) )

They're lovely minis. They were a gift from Treps as a prize for winning the first ever (of two?) Golden Gobbo way back in 2012. They took a little under three years to plough across the channel- caught in storms, fighting off giant squids (or normal sized squids) and generally pillaging their way around the coast, but true to their word they did sail into Bristol harbour and were immediately press-ganged into service!

Post Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Progress so far:

Hope it comes out half as good as everyone else's.

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:07 am

Good man! Making from scratch earns you at least a dozen victory points ahead of any game... ;)

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Fimm - I think mine had a similarly epic journey too ;)

Nice one Erny - left a comment on your blog but as Fimm said - impressive scratch-build!

Here's a bit more progress on my ship - I've got a back story and name ready but I'm waiting for the official launch before I share it!

There's a longwinded account of my travails on the blog should you be interested - http://teasgettingcold.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... -beam.html

I should be able to manage gameplay on 4 levels with my cunning construction of each deck!

Next up - the Giant will be putting on a few pounds :lol:

Post Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:25 am

Yesssss! Now we're Time Banditing! :) Splendid building there that man!
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015