Oldhammer AHOY!

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:26 am

Re: Oldhammer AHOY!

LOL That's nothing to the frustration of trying to move little men around a fully rigged up boat at full stretch across the directors table.... but that's for another day. :D

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:04 pm

I think a separate floorplan and card tokens for the crew might help lower the blood pressure in that particular situation!

Paul - I feel your pain. I remember the air being somewhat blue when I tried rigging these little buggers for my Dad's birthday!

Actually the rigging itself was brass - I just did the lines running from mast to mast and down to the bowsprit but that was more than enough :lol:

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Hear what your saying people; as for the crew I'd already come to that conclusion and was just going to place the figures on the ship to look pretty and use a crew sheet to keep record of who, what, where & when - only taking them off the ship has and when they go a shore or board another vessel!

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Golgfag1 wrote:Hear what your saying people; as for the crew I'd already come to that conclusion and was just going to place the figures on the ship to look pretty and use a crew sheet to keep record of who, what, where & when - only taking them off the ship has and when they go a shore or board another vessel!
Paul / Golgfag1

My ship will have no rigging (thanks for the warning) and probably not even a proper sail to allow better access.
That way my ship should be large enough hold the 25 (or so) crewmen but I will probably create a floor plan just to be on the save side.

I like the large cow's nests on Paul's and Thantsants' ships (brilliant work btw.) - If I can figure out how to build a zombified version I will do so.
At least you can access those miniatures without breaking any sweat.
ImageImage

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:32 pm

Here is the Chinese (Nippon) Junk undercoated and planked out .... there's a morning of my life I will never get back! :)

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Here is the Norse ship all undercoated. Bit of work involved with green stuff and I had to make the oars individually.

Crew just thrown in for the picture .... it will look better than this. :D

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:42 pm

This is the Norse Orc Ship:

The sail looks a bit washed out so i will darken that up a bit. Other than that this one is about good to go.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:23 am

Wow Harry,

You have been a bizzy little beaver, really nice models there. :D

Good luck with the rest of the preparations.

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Niibl wrote:
Golgfag1 wrote:
I like the large cow's nests on Paul's and Thantsants' ships (brilliant work btw.) - If I can figure out how to build a zombified version I will do so.
At least you can access those miniatures without breaking any sweat.

Sorry mate - I had to quote you on this one - love the idea of a cow's nest. Might have to nick one of my kids' farm animals to make this happen... :lol:

Very nice work Harry! Love the Orc ship in particular but those oars look fantastic on the Viking Longship.

Did I hear somewhere you were planning on having some Norsemen riding a Loch Ness Monster?

Post Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Is that two Squig catapults in the game now? ;) Gonna be a lot of bouncing blighters all over the decks!
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015