Oldhammer AHOY!

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Oldhammer AHOY!

Yeah ... that's what I meant ... a pack of 36 cards dealt randomly to the six islands.

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:55 pm

Like the sound of all that Harry - the cards could work really well. In our last game at Foundry Paul used a deck from another game and made up rules for the equipment that was represented on them - worked really well with minimum effort!

It's a pity I'm only playing on the Sunday!

Spent a happy day chopping up my playmobil ship to shorten it so it fits the Giant's head better. I'm planning on having a large Goblin crew with various war machines - and to balance that out, each part of the ship and its crew will be taking animosity tests against each other so it'll be a wonder if anything gets done. Might see if I can rig up a crane so I can deploy war Tortoise Ajax as an armoured landing party...

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:26 am

Thantsants wrote:Spent a happy day chopping up my playmobil ship to shorten it so it fits the Giant's head better...

So pleased to hear the butchering began! ;)

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:27 am

Yeah - not sure what my kids thought!

My 4 year old daughter thought I should be told off because I was breaking a toy until I explained I was making a new and better toy out of it! Hope they don't go off and experiment on their stuff - mind you I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of her Frozen doll - horrible looking thing! :lol:

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:54 am

Thantsants wrote:Yeah - not sure what my kids thought!

My 4 year old daughter thought I should be told off because I was breaking a toy until I explained I was making a new and better toy out of it! Hope they don't go off and experiment on their stuff - mind you I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of her Frozen doll - horrible looking thing! :lol:

Please do not use that F word, the tune is starting to pop into my head ... AGAIN :? :( :cry:

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:59 am

Apologies - I should have let it go... :mrgreen:

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:38 pm

The doll never bothered me anyway.

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:43 pm

What has little Frankenthants created today? ;)

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:08 am

A mess mostly - needs sticking back together now!

I do have plans to extend both the fo'c'lse and the poop deck upwards to make it even more like Gilliams creation -

I'm also thinking about leaving the fo'c'sle open on top so it can house War Tortoise Ajax, with some kind of crane mechanism so he can lifted out and deployed as a landing party.

Those swivel guns might come in handy in an anti-aircraft role as well by the sounds of things...

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:44 pm

A bit of progress - shortened the hull and attached it to the head. Just waiting for the big lump of polyfilla holding it together to dry out now!

PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015