Oldhammer AHOY!

Thantsants

Like the sound of all that Harry - the cards could work really well. In our last game at Foundry Paul used a deck from another game and made up rules for the equipment that was represented on them - worked really well with minimum effort!

It's a pity I'm only playing on the Sunday!

Spent a happy day chopping up my playmobil ship to shorten it so it fits the Giant's head better. I'm planning on having a large Goblin crew with various war machines - and to balance that out, each part of the ship and its crew will be taking animosity tests against each other so it'll be a wonder if anything gets done. Might see if I can rig up a crane so I can deploy war Tortoise Ajax as an armoured landing party...

Thantsants

Yeah - not sure what my kids thought!

My 4 year old daughter thought I should be told off because I was breaking a toy until I explained I was making a new and better toy out of it! Hope they don't go off and experiment on their stuff - mind you I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of her Frozen doll - horrible looking thing! :lol:

Asslessman

Thantsants":3ha2igws said:
Yeah - not sure what my kids thought!

My 4 year old daughter thought I should be told off because I was breaking a toy until I explained I was making a new and better toy out of it! Hope they don't go off and experiment on their stuff - mind you I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of her Frozen doll - horrible looking thing! :lol:

Please do not use that F word, the tune is starting to pop into my head ... AGAIN :? :( :cry:

Thantsants

A mess mostly - needs sticking back together now!

I do have plans to extend both the fo'c'lse and the poop deck upwards to make it even more like Gilliams creation -

I'm also thinking about leaving the fo'c'sle open on top so it can house War Tortoise Ajax, with some kind of crane mechanism so he can lifted out and deployed as a landing party.

Those swivel guns might come in handy in an anti-aircraft role as well by the sounds of things...

Thantsants

A bit of progress - shortened the hull and attached it to the head. Just waiting for the big lump of polyfilla holding it together to dry out now!

Harry

Yeah, great stuff.
I had to 'plank out' my chinese junk....Took me a whole morning.
I bet that Balsa work took you a couple of hours?
But well worth it ... looking good. I will try and get some WIP pics of my stuff up this week.
H

Thantsants

Thanks Harry - yep, I was left alone for a few happy hours on Father's day to potter around with the ship.

Currently planking out the lower deck, which is taking a while. Probably a bit OTT as well but when the notion takes you... :mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing how you've been getting on.

Golgfag1

Well, just to show willing and that I'm not going to leave everything to the last minute - I'm in the process of rigging my flag ship for BOYL 2015.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• WIP Boat1.JPG
    WIP Boat1.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,928
  • WIP Boat2.JPG
    WIP Boat2.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,928
  • WIP Boat3.JPG
    WIP Boat3.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,928

Harry

Rigging? Rigging????!!!!! Now your just trying to make the rest of us look bad.

She is magnificent Paul

Thantsants

Very smart Paul! She'll be a beauty when she's all decked out with rigging.

I'm going to attempt rigging on my ship too - luckily it's supposed to look haphazard and tangled so I can't go too far wrong!

Golgfag1

Gentlemen,
If, I have one thing to say about attempting the rig one of these things it's - DON"T attempt this at home, I'm about half way through and the wife and kids are avoiding coming anywhere near, whilst I'm at the table! :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Paul / Golgfag1

Back