Assuming I manage to reach London, how should I proceed?

Niibl

I am planning the trip atm.
My current mode would be a trip by rail to London, probably reaching it some time between thursday evening or friday morning (depends on the answer to the following question).
Is there an inexpensive way to get to Newark upon trent that could be recommended and how will everybody get from their hotels to the Event (and back)? I'm not really a fan of rental cars and, in general, would prefer a Train or bus.

Chico

Yes if you get too Victoria Station in London you can book a National Express Coach return ticket for very little money (It's how I went to BOYL last year). You can even book online and print your own ticket to save even more cash.

Your have to book to Nottingham though then get a lift or train to Newark station (45mins train) and Taxi to the Hotel/Foundry. But once there there should be a few kind chaps to act as a car ferry.

Scalene

I *might* be able to give you a lift as I work in nottingham and live near Foundry. If you let me know what time you are getting there, I could confirm.

Niibl

Thanks Chico and Scalene.
I try to get a direct trip from london to newark first. If i get the right fares it seems only slightly more expensive and quicker.
But I'll have to check a lot of small print :(
National express to Nottingham seems a good alternative though.

weazil

Where is it you're actually coming from? It might be that one of us is close to your start location?

Niibl

Thanks for the interest to help, but the deed is done.
Everything is booked.

I booked tickets from virgin trains which, if you pick the right times, offer a limited amount of inexpensive online tickets.
I paid 10 pounds per fare - I must not miss those trains but I think I have added enough buffer.

Back