[BOYL 15 Game] Journey to the East (3rd ed WHFB scenario)

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:35 pm

[BOYL 15 Game] Journey to the East (3rd ed WHFB scenario)

I thought I'd start this thread again, as there was a lot of interest in the initial thread started last year, but now that we're getting closer to the event itself, it would be a good chance to gauge continued interest/ make plans - especially as we're being asked what size of table we'd like.

The scenario: The Monastery of the Dragon of the Midday Sun is a remote outpost of Eastern civilisation on the edge of the steppes. A trading post has sprung up around the monastery, benefitting from the movement of caravans plying their perilous trade between Cathay and the Western world. The monastery lies beyond the Great Bastion, and so is vulnerable to attack from Hobgoblin raiders and other miscreants. Yet those who dare to plan such attacks are plagued by doubts; all have heard the rumours that the monastery is protected by unknown forces. Is there any truth in the rumours, or are they simply excuses on the lips of cowards?

This will be a narrative-led 3rd edition scenario, for which I'm hoping people will bring anything they have with an eastern flavour: Hobgoblins, Cathayans, Nipponese, Barbarians of the Steppes, anything you can think of. Each force will be given specific secret objectives for their force alone, and there will be several NPCs and other surprises to interact with.

Several people had expressed an interest in the previous thread, but I recognise there are so many other exciting things to commit to, many might have had other ideas since. So I thought I'd start this thread afresh for a more concrete signup and for getting on with planning.
Last edited by lenihan on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:16 pm

Re: [BOYL 15 Game] Journey to the East (3rd ed WHFB scenario

I reckon we need to see some kind of graphic layout showing which games are on when so that we can figure it if we've over booked ourselves.

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Agreed - although I don't believe we've set a time for this game. (Largely because I don't know what times other commitments are!)

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Agreed. I also want in on this as I have a lot of WG Factory Orcs (Hobgoblins) in need of some paint. But I might also be over reaching myself in the painting stakes...

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:45 pm

I could provide you with some horse nomad types & wolf riders, any use? :D

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/grumpyoldbadger

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:18 am

Golgfag1 wrote:I could provide you with some horse nomad types & wolf riders, any use? :D

Paul / Golgfag1

Sounds like exactly the right sort of thing!

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:42 am

lenihan wrote:
Golgfag1 wrote:I could provide you with some horse nomad types & wolf riders, any use? :D

Paul / Golgfag1

Sounds like exactly the right sort of thing!

I'll have a count up and see what's available and let you know - you can then tell me what your want. 8-)

Will you be at Salute, for a chat?

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/grumpyoldbadger

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:29 pm

I can hobgobs and some cathayans but obviously depends on whether I said yes to too much!

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Golgfag1 wrote:Will you be at Salute, for a chat?

Yep, should be!

whiskey priest wrote:I can hobgobs and some cathayans but obviously depends on whether I said yes to too much!

Hope you'll be able to join in, although obviously I understand the dangers of overcommitting! As fo whether hobgobs or cathayans, hard to say at this point whether we'd need more on the raiders or the defenders side...

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:18 pm

I have three Reaper Miniatures ogre mages. Not sure if they would fit in with the rest of what you have planned or what stats they would have in warhammer... but the miniatures are cool and the concept of flying sorcerous oriental ogres has always appealed to me!
Next

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015