Oldhammer Quest AutoDM cards?

Fimm McCool

I've been putting together a card system for generating dungeon rooms and encounters to be used in the mix with dungeon bash games like Advanced Heroquest, Heroquest, Descent, D&D etc. etc. It's basically a random room and encounter generator but designed to create a narrative rather than outline any specific rules.

There are four decks:
Chambers give you the size of the next room and its function within the dungeon, which may be Civic, Cultic, Memorial, Resource, Military, a Gateway or an Obstacle. Cultic rooms are temples, shrines etc, Resource rooms are store rooms, mines etc. You get the idea. Gateways move the adventurers between levels and Obstacles put blockages etc. in their way.

Minor Characters stock the dungeon with an assortment of minions. Most of these are out to get the adventurers, but there are some possible allies in there.

Major Characters are figures of import who must be encountered in order to further the quest.

Objectives define the relationship between the adventuring party and the characters they encounter. This can be as simple as "they've got treasure, you want it" or as complex as an age-long grudge against the adventurer or party which foiled their devious schemes a decade hence...

None of these chambers, characters or objectives feature rules, they merely assist a storyline in unfolding and are deliberately open-ended to allow for the players' creativity to fill in the details. I'm calling it "Oldhammer Quest" as a reference to our general indifference to the presence of rules when it comes to telling a good tale... I won't be selling these generally so fear not for the Oldhammer trademark!

If there's any interest I can get some sets printed and bring them to BOYL, they work out at £15 each for a set of 216 cards. We will need to sell 25 sets for it to be worthwhile though since the only place I can get these done print-on-demand is in the States. US-based chappies I can make the set available for you to buy direct from the printers. Let me know if there'd be any interest.

Attachments

• Resource 3.jpg
    Resource 3.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 1,599
  • Heirloom.jpg
    Heirloom.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 1,599
  • Chamber].jpg
    Chamber].jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 1,599

Fimm McCool

11169983_10153187335087279_604534759007698905_n.jpg

Some sketches for the 'Ratling' minor characters.

Back