Forenrond's Last Stand

Fimm McCool

As mentioned elsewhere...

I would like to run a game of Forenrond's Last Stand using the card pieces from the back of WFB3 and some 2D scenery to match. :) Looking for unit commanders to take charge of a renowned regiment each:

Neo Nutcracker and his Nasties (26 Gobbo archers)
Erny's Roamers (10 Gobbo Wolfriders)
Drilla's Killers (10 Gobbo Wolfriders)
Gruesome Jobbo's Goblin Bows (15 Gobbo archers)
Pepp's Killers (20 Orc warriors)
Open Sore Boys (10 Orc archers)
Mandrak's Mad Molesters (18 Orc shock elites)

1st Elven Cavalry (10 lancers)
2nd Elven Cavalry (10 lancers)
3rd Elven Cavalry (10 mounted archers)
Elves of Galdralla (10 elite archers)
Elves of Ialanth (10 archers)

That's 12 possible players, if we don't have that we'll divide up units as appropriate.

Grumdril

Count me in, as mentioned already. Elves for a change ideally, as I'm usually an orcy type.

Paul / Grumdril

Erny

I may have played this game once or twice but I should probably sign up. If you have to ask who I'd be taking you haven't been paying attention.

Snickit

I take it this is planned for the Oldhammer Weekender/BOYL 2015?

If so I'll join in too (this will be the only game I've actually got scheduled at this point seeing as I've only just really been given permission to come!).

I'm not fussed which side I play on although same side as Erny would probably mean the chance of sibling bickering was reduced (although it may contribute to Animosity....................)

Fimm McCool

I cut up my copy of 3rd Ed and thought "bet nobody uses these card counters" and wanted to use them. There'll be loads of nice minis on display but the art on the card counters is also great fun and they pack down so much smaller to carry than the models do. :)

Snickit

Masterwork":2zyy4vou said:
Why the 2D-ness? Why not use some of the excellent Jes Goodwin Sculpts?

Miniature snob ;) wants to know!!

I'd also say say that there's a lot to be said for the nostalgic reasons.

After all how many of us used those card counters for a good long while in place of real miniatures until the pennies started to come in?

Oldhammer is nothing without nostaglia, it's fundamental to the concept.

Grumdril

Do we have a confirmed timeslot for this game? I saw a suggestion that it might move to Friday - personally I can't do the Friday as I'm only coming up on the Saturday morning, but if that's better for everyone then so be it. Would be good to know though so I can plan.

See you in a few months!

Paul / Grumdril

Fimm McCool

I requested a move to the Friday because I'm playing in the Electric Goats game and there's a lot of Bloodbowl etc. going on on the Saturday which will call people away so thought Friday might fit better. The other option is to timetable it for 1 on the Saturday.

Back