Rogue Trader vs Fallout

Grumdril

James Holloway":1baekpdx said:
Oh, and these photos show off some of the models and terrain I can bring (although there is more terrain; look for more when I do the painted NCR guys). It sounds like people have forces, but if anybody needs a guy or two I should be able to supply as long as you don't mind my solid C+ painting.

Inspirational stuff. I really hope there's not a painting standard being imposed, or some of my guys might go home without getting a game in (certainly at the moment, they're mostly bare metal :( )! I really like the look of the guy with not many clothes and a shotgun in the first image, and the guy(?) to his left with the rusty shield.

Good to see lots of Copplestone on display - I think his may be the largest faction on the day!

Paul / Grumdril

Grumdril":t5f73dpv said:
James Holloway":t5f73dpv said:
Oh, and these photos show off some of the models and terrain I can bring (although there is more terrain; look for more when I do the painted NCR guys). It sounds like people have forces, but if anybody needs a guy or two I should be able to supply as long as you don't mind my solid C+ painting.

Inspirational stuff. I really hope there's not a painting standard being imposed, or some of my guys might go home without getting a game in (certainly at the moment, they're mostly bare metal :( )! I really like the look of the guy with not many clothes and a shotgun in the first image, and the guy(?) to his left with the rusty shield.

Good to see lots of Copplestone on display - I think his may be the largest faction on the day!

Paul / Grumdril

Thanks for the kind words!

Rusty shield guy is a conversion from a Dungeonquest board game figure -- I think he came out pretty well! http://gonzohistorygaming.blogspot.co.u ... sions.html

And yeah, Mark Copplestone has a pretty good claim on the PA genre. Heck, I wonder how fast we could paint this year's BOYL figures. :grin:

Hello all!

I am glad to see people's projects are progressing well! I am currently trying to produce briefing packs and missions for each player ( I am nothing if not a dedicated GM) so it would really help me if you could PM me with the following details:

Faction:
Number of Models:
Individual Model Weapons:
Armour type: (rough estimation)

And I will do the rest!! Cheers!!

Legio

Grumdril

A quick progress update - Legiocustodes I'll PM you separately about what these will end up as in game terms.

I've got 4 of my chaps with their base colours on - still a lot to do, but it shows the direction I'm heading. The two on the left are "blue jeans" guards, next to them a "grey leather" guard, and then my Brahmin driver.

basecoated.jpg

The leader of the caravan is this store keeper from Dixon Miniatures. I didn't realise they came with random heads (always read the not-small print!), and this guys is a bit too "get orf my land" for what I had in mind. But then figure on the website is a bit too stodgy-looking as well. So he's getting a head-swap with the guy to his left (who looks a bit too well groomed to be a chaos thug proxy anyway!).

trader.jpg

There'll then be another trader, probably some more guards, and hopefully a Brahmin unless my conversion skills and timekeeping let me down!

Paul / Grumdril

Scalene

Here are the SWAT models I have. I imagine they could be used for an NCR or Vault City force if anyone wants to borrow them. Weapon details are as follows (from left to right).
swat_1.jpg

SMG, Assault Rifle (on back), SMG, SMG

swat_2.jpg

Machine Pistol, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG

swat_3.jpg

SMG, Machine Gun, Shotgun, SMG

swat_4.jpg

Grenade Launcher, SMG, Grenade Launcher, SMG, SMG

swat_5.jpg

Assault Rifle (on back), Machine Gun, SMG, SMG

Scalene

Here are the models I'm planning to use. Obviously I won't need all of them, so I'm happy for you to pick whatever fits the scenario/game balance. Weapons are from left to right. All are unarmoured.
cultists_1.jpg

Standard and grenade launcher,
Leader with flamer,
Chainsword (Redemptionist Eviscerator)

cultists_2.jpg

Flamer,
Flamer
Autorifle with flamer cartridge and grenades

cultists_3.jpg

Autopistol and axe,
Sword and bolt pistol,
Large knife/sword and throwing daggers

cultists_4.jpg

Stub gun,
Bolt pistol and axe,
Chainsaw, grendades and stub gun

cultists_5.jpg

Blunderbuss and grenades,
Autogun,
Autopistol

cultists_6.jpg

Autogun/bolter,
Autogun

I am not dead! I've just had a busy couple of weeks. However, now that I have some free evenings, I have finished up my NCR squad. I have just one model to go -- a Heavy Infantryman carrying the flag -- but he is more just for looks than something I intend to field, necessarily. Anyway, here are my squad of NCR troopers and a Ranger to go with them:

_s4GbemUiHKmMDFjMMirWaJ_kMFSGcToMfrbzsftUlo=w1366-h592-no

oblvLKDrgEKdw559CuU0F6JZd0jUdsuoOJ6i-i8BVvA=w1065-h599-no

431z_MCIwsi3hMFhb9pAjqHIEFS-nNC2EhO4cYFjw5I=w511-h599-no

All the models are Warzone 2nd ed. Capitol models -- the Troopers are Light Infantry, chosen for their distinctive Montana hats. I speed-painted them; basically, I sprayed them with brown primer, drybrushed them all over, and then tinted with washes before filling in weapons, eyes and some NCR logos (some of the shoulder pads say "NCR," some have red stars. I'll do a little more of that kind of detailing if I get time).

The Ranger is a Warzone Capitol ... well, actually he's called a Ranger. I chose the model for its six-shooter and long duster overcoat, which looked right for an NCR Ranger to me. I painted this model an absolute age ago, and you can see that its paint job is a lot sloppier than the others. I threw some washes onto it to make it look more like the other models; it's still a bit different, but as the Ranger isn't a member of the squad per se I think it's OK.

Next up, some table furniture, in the form of some traffic lights and parking meters I've had lying around forever.

Hello All;

Top work so far guys! It looks like its going to be a good game;

Unfortunately Whiskey Priest has dropped out in fielding the super mutant faction, so perhaps Scalene could enhance his CoC with a super mutant ally!

Grumdril; any update on your faction mate, I'm just working on balancing stuff and sorting out player briefs.

Jelly Rover: Can you just whack up a quick progress report (preferably with photos) so I can sort out your briefing pack etc!

Cheers Guys; can't wait to see you all at BOYL!

Legio

Grumdril

I'm getting there - although I had planned to be done by now :(

The caravan leader has been head-swapped, and there's base colours on all the people with the exception of one of the guards. The blue jeans guards are finished, hopefully I'll get pictures on tonight.

I need to start the conversion work on the Brahmin, that's the only major question in my mind, hopefully it'll come out OK but if not, or I run out of time, he might be left out. Barring disaster the traders and guards will be done over the next few weekends.

I've also noticed that all the games are available on Steam - but I'm resisting "doing revision" until all the painting and converting is done!

Paul / Grumdril

Grumdril

With pictures -

Group shot. The ones with grey skin will have proper flesh tones when finished! Blue guards on the left, grey guards on the right, traders front centre, and the Brahmin drover at the back - with still lots to do on his beastie (and the people for that matter...).

caravanersTwoPainted.jpg

Blue jeans guards front and back. I'm figuring that this caravan is Crimson Caravan, or some affiliate. A couple of the guards had patches that were crying out for a logo, and that seemed to fit the best. Makes for a bit of a target to aim at though! I need to work on my faces, but they look fine from a couple of feet away.

guardsBlueFront.jpg

guardsBlueBack.jpg

Grumdril

More progress - apologies for the rather poor pictures, the light wasn't as good as I thought :(

The chief guard, head trader and Brahmin drover are now done -

traderAndGuardsFront.jpg

traderAndGuardsBack.jpg

I'm not too sure about the skin tones on the guys on the left and right - they were meant to look weatherbeaten, but it's tending more towards unwell...

I'm now switching focus to the Brahmin conversion, there's still two humans to go but I'm confident I can get them done in the time remaining. The conversion's a bit more of a challenge, but I'll do my best!

Paul / Grumdril

Back