Rogue Trader vs Fallout

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:54 am

Re: Rogue Trader vs Fallout

That model is awesome! Love the paint job too!
For retro sci-fi action visit my Oldhammer 40k Blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Post Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:06 pm

James Holloway wrote:Oh, and these photos show off some of the models and terrain I can bring (although there is more terrain; look for more when I do the painted NCR guys). It sounds like people have forces, but if anybody needs a guy or two I should be able to supply as long as you don't mind my solid C+ painting.

Inspirational stuff. I really hope there's not a painting standard being imposed, or some of my guys might go home without getting a game in (certainly at the moment, they're mostly bare metal :( )! I really like the look of the guy with not many clothes and a shotgun in the first image, and the guy(?) to his left with the rusty shield.

Good to see lots of Copplestone on display - I think his may be the largest faction on the day!

Paul / Grumdril

Post Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:34 pm

Grumdril wrote:
James Holloway wrote:Oh, and these photos show off some of the models and terrain I can bring (although there is more terrain; look for more when I do the painted NCR guys). It sounds like people have forces, but if anybody needs a guy or two I should be able to supply as long as you don't mind my solid C+ painting.

Inspirational stuff. I really hope there's not a painting standard being imposed, or some of my guys might go home without getting a game in (certainly at the moment, they're mostly bare metal :( )! I really like the look of the guy with not many clothes and a shotgun in the first image, and the guy(?) to his left with the rusty shield.

Good to see lots of Copplestone on display - I think his may be the largest faction on the day!

Paul / Grumdril

Thanks for the kind words!

Rusty shield guy is a conversion from a Dungeonquest board game figure -- I think he came out pretty well! http://gonzohistorygaming.blogspot.co.u ... sions.html

And yeah, Mark Copplestone has a pretty good claim on the PA genre. Heck, I wonder how fast we could paint this year's BOYL figures. :D

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:44 pm

Hello all!

I am glad to see people's projects are progressing well! I am currently trying to produce briefing packs and missions for each player ( I am nothing if not a dedicated GM) so it would really help me if you could PM me with the following details:

Faction:
Number of Models:
Individual Model Weapons:
Armour type: (rough estimation)

And I will do the rest!! Cheers!!

Legio

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:13 am

A quick progress update - Legiocustodes I'll PM you separately about what these will end up as in game terms.

I've got 4 of my chaps with their base colours on - still a lot to do, but it shows the direction I'm heading. The two on the left are "blue jeans" guards, next to them a "grey leather" guard, and then my Brahmin driver.

The leader of the caravan is this store keeper from Dixon Miniatures. I didn't realise they came with random heads (always read the not-small print!), and this guys is a bit too "get orf my land" for what I had in mind. But then figure on the website is a bit too stodgy-looking as well. So he's getting a head-swap with the guy to his left (who looks a bit too well groomed to be a chaos thug proxy anyway!).

There'll then be another trader, probably some more guards, and hopefully a Brahmin unless my conversion skills and timekeeping let me down!

Paul / Grumdril

Post Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:37 am

Here are the SWAT models I have. I imagine they could be used for an NCR or Vault City force if anyone wants to borrow them. Weapon details are as follows (from left to right).
SMG, Assault Rifle (on back), SMG, SMG

Machine Pistol, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG

SMG, Machine Gun, Shotgun, SMG

Grenade Launcher, SMG, Grenade Launcher, SMG, SMG

Assault Rifle (on back), Machine Gun, SMG, SMG

Post Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:10 pm

Here are the models I'm planning to use. Obviously I won't need all of them, so I'm happy for you to pick whatever fits the scenario/game balance. Weapons are from left to right. All are unarmoured.
Standard and grenade launcher,
Leader with flamer,
Chainsword (Redemptionist Eviscerator)

Flamer,
Flamer
Autorifle with flamer cartridge and grenades

Autopistol and axe,
Sword and bolt pistol,
Large knife/sword and throwing daggers

Stub gun,
Bolt pistol and axe,
Chainsaw, grendades and stub gun

Blunderbuss and grenades,
Autogun,
Autopistol

Autogun/bolter,
Autogun

Post Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Guys! These are absolutely amazing! Top work from everybody!!

Post Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:08 am

I am not dead! I've just had a busy couple of weeks. However, now that I have some free evenings, I have finished up my NCR squad. I have just one model to go -- a Heavy Infantryman carrying the flag -- but he is more just for looks than something I intend to field, necessarily. Anyway, here are my squad of NCR troopers and a Ranger to go with them:

All the models are Warzone 2nd ed. Capitol models -- the Troopers are Light Infantry, chosen for their distinctive Montana hats. I speed-painted them; basically, I sprayed them with brown primer, drybrushed them all over, and then tinted with washes before filling in weapons, eyes and some NCR logos (some of the shoulder pads say "NCR," some have red stars. I'll do a little more of that kind of detailing if I get time).

The Ranger is a Warzone Capitol ... well, actually he's called a Ranger. I chose the model for its six-shooter and long duster overcoat, which looked right for an NCR Ranger to me. I painted this model an absolute age ago, and you can see that its paint job is a lot sloppier than the others. I threw some washes onto it to make it look more like the other models; it's still a bit different, but as the Ranger isn't a member of the squad per se I think it's OK.

Next up, some table furniture, in the form of some traffic lights and parking meters I've had lying around forever.

Post Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:50 am

Top stuff mate!! Loving their hats!!

PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015