Rogue Trader vs Fallout

Rogue Trade vs Fallout

Work dependant I am still looking at running an RT Skirmish game at BOYL15 (we're pretty strapped for troops at the moment at work so I won't know if leave is confirmed until nearer the time)!

I'm aiming for it to have fallout theme... (More the original 1997 video game than the more modern stuff).

The amount of players will be limited (other wise RT is a B*tch to GM) but there's a few spaces left. If anyone is interested please post. I already have interest from two people who have baggsied my painted Brotherhood of Steel and Enclave factions.

Taken Factions:

BOS - My missus
Enclave - My mate
Raiders - My NPCs
Vault City - My other mate
Children of the Cathedral - Scalene
Super Mutants - Assless Man
Caravaners - Grumdril
NCR - James Holloway
Random Wastelanders - JellyRover

Available Factions:

Ghouls

Any interest?

Asslessman

Bollocks, I would have killed to get in that one, I have just the perfect mariposa mutant band to throw in... my involvment in this year's event is far too unlikely to take a seat but man I'd love to play this...

Asslessman

The problem is getting my arse over the channel in fact...

I'd have loved to throw these ghouls, supermutant and centaur into the battle :
DSC00609.JPG

Grumdril

I try to resist not-WFB, but this one's calling to me... I'm hopefully playing 2-dimensional Forenrond's Last Stand on the Saturday morning, so if that goes at a reasonable pace I'd be available for this game as well.

I only know Fallout from Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, so I'm probably a bit of a heretic to your proper Fallout fan!

Most of the remaining factions appeal in some way, but it'd be good to fix on sooner rather than later so I can do painting / collecting.

Paul / Grumdril

Count yourself in mate:

The fallout wiki is very useful for any information on the universe in general and will give you a good idea of the forces and their capabilities:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki

NCR: conventional forces with a basic level of training and equipment. They are probably the wastelands version of the imperial guard, lots of basically trained troops with some semblance of order and structure. Any Cadians would make a good proxy. 10 models should suffice, with assault rifle equivalents.

Vault City: Advanced Tech, good training... Very arrogant, they are descended from the vault dwellers of one of the few faults that survived intact with no major dramas. Van Saars would make a good proxy.

Super Mutants: base humans that have been dipped (exposed to the Forced Evolutionary Virus) big, strong, vicious and able to wield heavy machine guns like a normal man would a pistol. They are very stupid in general, though the odd officer (Loo-tenant) is fairly intelligent. Orks and ogryns would make good proxies.

Ghouls: Sentient zombies, very weak in close combat, but excellent shots. Zombies with assault rifles would make good proxies.

Raiders: Mad max loons.... Creativity allowed as the gangs are many and varied, goliaths, Escher, catachans are all viable.

Caravaners: basically a Wild West caravan assortment of trading misfits... Mainly merchants and heavily armed guards...again a chance to be creative!!

Children of the Cathedral: base humans who worship the Super Mutants as higher life forms.... Cawdor or redemptionists fill the role nicely!

Hopefully this should be enough to guide you in the right direction!!

Grumdril

Good stuff, thanks for the confirmation.

From the wiki Reavers sound like a great modding project, which is the last thing I need at the moment! So I'll be avoiding them...

I'm leaning towards Ghouls on first reading, but perhaps Raiders or Caravaners instead. I'll have a look around and get some ideas of what models might be workable, then let you know my preference if that's OK? Or I'm happy to take a steer now.

Is 10-ish models a good number to bear in mind?

Paul / Grumdril

I'm planning on using raiders as GMs wild cards but it's not an issue if you want to do them as there are loads of different groups fighting about something or other.

I would say 10 or so for raiders or ghouls.... Caravaners possibly less (say 8) as they can pack some heavy firepower and semi decent Armour. If you need any guidance then let me know, I pretty much know the fallout universe by heart!

Asslessman

Legiocustodes":27xuxc2m said:
JB I see you're coming now!! Any chance of rolling out your war and above for this game? Legio?
I'm looking at BOYL preparation this WE. I'll see if I can squeez the fallout game in the timeframe but I'd really like to lake it happen. I'll see with Gaj's timetable if things are OK and will let you know, otherwise I can still bring the models to lend (though I'd rather play).

JB....got your pm, I'm on holiday at the mo, but I'll see if we can do a reshuffle when I get back to accommodate, or possibly run a second game!!!

Is there still room in this game? I could do some supermutants to bring along. I was thinking Ork Nobs with crypt ghoul heads? How many do you reckon I'd need?

Hello mate!
Just posted on your blog! Congrats on your latest landmark!

Definitely still room, and I do love super mutant!

Maybe 7-9 dependant on weapon options! The ork idea sounds good to me!

7 - 9 is pushing it painting time wise but I'll give it a go, as an alternative I've go my Scavvies that might suit if I don't get the mute's done in time.

I'll mark you both up as playing. If you tool up your muties with heavy weapons (like fallout 1 + 2) then you could probably get away with 5!

Curtis what faction do you want to field?

Scalene

I'd like to play. I'm a little confused - are you supplying the models or will I need to bring a faction? If so, which factions are left and I'll see what I've got to suit.

Hello Scalene,

You're more than welcome; unfortunately I won't be supplying models!

Factions available:

Ghouls
Another Raider band
NCR
Children of the Cathedral
Ghouls

Back