Timetable

Skarsnik

It seems we are at the point where people are signing up for games in earnest, but we don't seem to have a timetable of what is happening when.

Is it worth starting to put a rough schedule together so people can see if games clash. Or do we already have this and I've missed it?

Harry

Yes ... were on it. All over it ... arn't we lads? ..... Lads? :grin:

You may have noticed most of us are not really timetable sort of folks ... if we do try to put a timetable together it will all have gone tits up by second breakfast anyway.

However ... if it helps the plan as far as Oldhammer Ahoy goes is .... to rock up on the Friday, throw a big sheet of blue fabric on the table leave a few boats and some rules scattered about the place ... and then head barwards. Hopefully someone from GROG will be there from time to time to encourage folks to play nice. I imagine some sort of rolling game where folks can just pitch in at any point. So folks could have a go anytime over the weekend. From Friday Lunch time to Sunday Lunch time.

Might be good at one point in the weekend to get every single man with a boat to the table at the same time for a big head to head, good guys v's bad guys battle of Doooooooooom!

So I am going to suggest 12:00 Saturday for that if folks fancy it?

lenihan

Skarsnik & Old Lead":3vux9ebt said:
It seems we are at the point where people are signing up for games in earnest

To be fair, I think we were at that point within a week of the conclusion of BOYL14!

Scalene

Perhaps if everyone planning to do a game said what their constraints and preferred times were, someone could attempt to shuffle them into a timetable that has the least clashes.

tatsujin

I've trawled the Oldhammer Day 2015 section and attempted to identify all the players who've signed up to each game; Ahoy, Goats, East, Hive, Dredd, Deathrace, Oldbowl, 40Kuest, Chainsaw.

I've given each player a number and (we currently number 40) have listed player number against game name.

I'll pop it into Excel and factor in length of game and stated time/day preference, where I can find it and report back.

tatsujin":2zfacprd said:
I've trawled the Oldhammer Day 2015 section and attempted to identify all the players who've signed up to each game; Ahoy, Goats, East, Hive, Dredd, Deathrace, Oldbowl, 40Kuest, Chainsaw.

I've given each player a number and (we currently number 40) have listed player number against game name.

I'll pop it into Excel and factor in length of game and stated time/day preference, where I can find it and report back.

That list needs to be amended to reflect that I'll be running goats with Paul as well as Deathrace. If they could be on different times that'd be good ;)

axiom

@tatsujin - my Anarchy in the UH game is about 2 hours and I envisaged running one game Sat and one on Sun. I've signed up for the Electric Goats and Death race ;)

tatsujin

@Crooks. No worries. I have you down as (#8) player/co-organiser of Goats, organiser of Deathrace and expressing an interest in East.

@Axiom. Ditto (#15). Thanks for the preference to host Game1 on Saturday and Game2 on Sunday. And I do have you down as a player in Deathrace and Goats.

@Ramshackle. (#26) I have you down for UHive (game2) and Deathrace.

Fimm McCool

I also like timetables so I can book myself silly. I'm hoping to run Forenrond's last stand using the card countersfrom wfb3 at some point over the weekend and am arbitrarily saying Saturday at 11am. Happy to move if needs be. Also signed up for electric goats.

tatsujin

Fimm. I have you (#3) down as a player in Ahoy, Goats, Oldbowl and Deathrace. Thanks for the organiser info for Forenrond, that passed me by.

Chico

For Oldbowl there is no set times, people play their matchs when they have time really (Including in the pub/hotel heh), :)

weazil

Children, children! Hush...

It's okay.

Everybody take a deep breath.

There we are.

So excited, aren't we? Look at your puffed up red little faces...all that fussing and worrying.

Last year, we used a google calendar that was specially created for the event to manage this:

https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... 2795+22792

...and I'd suggest the same this year. There are many benefits - chiefly, the thing is designed to work with time, so as long as the parameters are correct, you'll immediately see a conflict. The second benefit is that it can be shared publicly (as could a spreadsheet, I understand, but see point one :) ). Finally, the organisers can capture what they want on the event in context. I'd strongly propose using this as the 'master' of the event, so that the facebook community can also participate and link easily to.

The calendar id is: oldhammercommunity@gmail.com and as best I recall, it belongs to Steve Casey (CitadelCollector). I have write access to it (as do a few others whose name I forget) - I would have started updating these with the time slots as they became available, although I would have probably started later in the year.

One thing I will advise is that I don't yet know what tables are available for play. If your game requires a regular 6x4, then you're fine and can schedule whenever you like - if you need something special (like one of the 12x6s), then its not just a time schedule you need to watch out for - you need to make sure the table is clear when you need it.

As I haven't spoken to Foundry yet on this point, I can't tell you, but from last year, I know the following was available:

2 * 15'x6' - the two large corporate meeting tables (one had the siege game last year - the other had two different games on it)
1 * 12'x6' - this is the scenic table - last year this featured the huge epic game.
- these three tables were in the tent - I would expect the same this year.

I appreciate that the Oldhammer Ahoy game will most likely end up on the floor (might end up taking up the tent if we can't depend on the weather...)

3 * 7'x7' - these are beautiful tables made for a TV programme (midsomer murders, I seem to recall?) - they have rolling, smooth hills on them, so are probably not suited to games that require close formation (like Warhammer Fantasy), but would work really well with skirmish games. Obviously, the main downslide is reaching the middle of one of these!

3 8'x4' - if you're not quite in the 12'+ style of game, but need more than 6'x4', then there are a few available.

My advice would be to aim for the smallest table you need, but be realistic. If you need a large table, then use a large table - you should be able to create the game you want. I'd recommend care in planning your games - I suspect the siege game last year would have moved a lot faster had the siege been played width-ways instead of length-ways, for instance. Equally, if you think you need to 6'x4's to create some unique shape you need, that's fine too - just think about other people.

?? 6'x4's - I've had many conversations with Marcus about the exact quantity and all I can really say is these shouldn't be a problem. If you don't specify a size, you'll probably end up with one of these.

I hope that helps.

Tatsujin - thanks for stepping in to do some organisation. As I'm sure you've gathered - we are a perfect anarchy and should be looked at as a successful means of leaderless organisation. If we pull this year's BOYL off, perhaps we should form a political party. That said, anything you want to get involved with will be greatly received - including suggestions on how to do it better. My suggestion is still the calendar, however.

As an aside, I should already have launched a registration form for this, but real-life has been far too real and virulent, laying to waste my best laid plans and all that. This won't be checking game attendance - just day attendance - this is typically used for Foundry to gauge the level of catering to provide (including toilets, parking and so on - not that these are a problem on the current site...)

Back