• Oldhammer UK Weekend

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Oldhammer Weekend

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Oldhammer Weekender

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Zhu Bajie

After gathering a fine clutch of names and ideas from everyone (see viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5465 ) it's time to express a preference.
Please vote on the name to call the annual Oldhammer Meetup and Gathering (OMG! argh!!). Once settled we'll start using it!

phreedh

Just a small aside on the form of polling... It's a bit "unfair" to have three very similar options. I like Oldhammer Weekend. If it's OH WeekendER or OH Weekend UK or UK OH WE or OH UK WE isn't really important. Votes for these three options should be added up, no?

Zhu Bajie

phreedh":1s3ekl3u said:
Just a small aside on the form of polling... It's a bit "unfair" to have three very similar options. I like Oldhammer Weekend. If it's OH WeekendER or OH Weekend UK or UK OH WE or OH UK WE isn't really important. Votes for these three options should be added up, no?

In the event that the total number of "weekend" votes outnumbers the others, I think we'll total up all the "weekend" options, with the group leader taking the role. Sound fair?

It's got to be 'lead' pun, shurely. anything else sounds too formal, and that seems to me to be not the spirit of oldhammer (others may, naturally, disagree!)

Zhu Bajie

70% of cats who expressed a preference said "Bring Out Your Lead".

A surprising victory for BOYL if you ask me, but there it is, the Citizenry of Oldhammerland have put forth their voices and declared their vision of utopia.

Henceforth and forthwith, the great festivitials shall be forever known as Beer On Your Legs! No, erm sorry I mean, Bring Out Your Lead (optional exclamation mark).

May Khaos bless her and all who sail in her! etc.

Back