What's it called? This thing?

Zhu Bajie

weazil":38hgmqgo said:
Hi chaps

I've given this one a little time to develop, but from the small discussion that has ensued, I can't get away from the facts that Zhu has presented - more people seem to think about this as the Oldhammer Weekend (and the premier event of the Oldhammer calendar), meaning it should then be named as such.

Based on this, I'd suggest that it should be called the Oldhammer Weekend and we should just get on with it now. Are there any final objections or suggestions? I could take it to a poll, but somehow that doesn't feel necessary.

I agree that we're at the end of the creative stage and need to move on to the editorial. But I don't think it's as cut-and-dry as plumbing for Oldhammer Weekend, there is the possibility that people who like very much "Bring Out Your Lead" as the name of the event haven't voiced an opinion because they were being asked for new ideas rather than to support an old idea. I'll collate the suggestions so far and run the poll.

Poll is here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5564

Chico":38hgmqgo said:
Why not just use both terms interchangeably so Oldhammer Weekend - Bring out your Lead 2015

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand

Skarsnik

Zhu Bajie":2n1tao9d said:
weazil":2n1tao9d said:
Hi chaps

I've given this one a little time to develop, but from the small discussion that has ensued, I can't get away from the facts that Zhu has presented - more people seem to think about this as the Oldhammer Weekend (and the premier event of the Oldhammer calendar), meaning it should then be named as such.

Based on this, I'd suggest that it should be called the Oldhammer Weekend and we should just get on with it now. Are there any final objections or suggestions? I could take it to a poll, but somehow that doesn't feel necessary.

I agree that we're at the end of the creative stage and need to move on to the editorial. But I don't think it's as cut-and-dry as plumbing for Oldhammer Weekend, there is the possibility that people who like very much "Bring Out Your Lead" as the name of the event haven't voiced an opinion because they were being asked for new ideas rather than to support an old idea. I'll collate the suggestions so far and run the poll.

Poll is here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5564

Chico":2n1tao9d said:
Why not just use both terms interchangeably so Oldhammer Weekend - Bring out your Lead 2015

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand

Why do we need a brand? What's wrong with a bunch of like minded people getting together for some games and a few beers?

What were the problems created at the last 2 events from having no brand?

Zhu Bajie

If you want to encourage more like minded people to participate, then having a clear identity will help you communicate with those people and achieve that goal.

Skarsnik

Zhu Bajie":2jj5r42r said:
If you want to encourage more like minded people to participate, then having a clear identity will help you communicate with those people and achieve that goal.

Fair enough. Just seems like you're trying to solve problems that don't exist.

I imagine that much of what happens around this just happens by osmosis really? I can't really see the need for some sort of marketing campaign to be honest.

Zhu Bajie

Skarsnik & Old Lead":3kgrhev0 said:
Zhu Bajie":3kgrhev0 said:

Fair enough. Just seems like you're trying to solve problems that don't exist.

I see it as an opportunity for the community to create something and communicate its efforts more effectively, rather than a problem. Guess I'm just a glass half full kind of guy :grin:

Zhu Bajie

Citadel Collector":3jvpom87 said:
I imagine that much of what happens around this just happens by osmosis really? I can't really see the need for some sort of marketing campaign to be honest.

Fair enough, if my help isn't wanted I'll just fuck off then :lol:

No, but seriously, we're doing it because it's fun, not because we're running a business. You'll also find osmosis works better if the membrane is designed to allow the solvent to pass through. :?

ardyer

Zhu Bajie":1q2dv8x2 said:

From what I've been hearing about the Facebook group, I don't know that you want more people participating ;)

Sorry, didn't want to post that publicly in case James or Chico gets mad and boots me from the group for hurting their public image, like treps.

Chico

ardyer":1lf51ezw said:
Zhu Bajie":1lf51ezw said:

From what I've been hearing about the Facebook group, I don't know that you want more people participating ;)

Sorry, didn't want to post that publicly in case James or Chico gets mad and boots me from the group for hurting their public image, like treps.

Funny..

ardyer

Chico":1ihdv7os said:
ardyer":1ihdv7os said:
Zhu Bajie":1ihdv7os said:

Funny..

I try :grin:

Chico

ardyer":2s6rnxa3 said:
Chico":2s6rnxa3 said:
ardyer":2s6rnxa3 said:
Zhu Bajie":2s6rnxa3 said:

Funny..

I try.

I would boot you, but you might cry and I'd end up hurting myself from too much laughing hehe :razz:

ardyer

Chico":12spezep said:
ardyer":12spezep said:
Chico":12spezep said:
ardyer":12spezep said:
Zhu Bajie":12spezep said:

Funny..

I try.

I would boot you, but you might cry and I'd end up hunting myself from too much laughing hehe :razz:

Probably. I cry a lot these days.

Chico

ardyer":3gzj42ol said:
Also, for someone working in technology, I'm pretty inept at it!

I know hence why I quoted the post before it was removed, it's nice knowing someones true feelings :)

I propose we change Oldhammer Day USA to this:

North American National Oldhammer Grand Tournament and Associated Painting Competion.

NANOGTAPC If you're into the whole brevity thing.

Zhu Bajie

ardyer":86bccqyy said:
Zhu Bajie":86bccqyy said:

:lol: It's not the... oh never mind. Making suggestions for BOYL to be a ticketed event, or otherwise limiting participation in a constructive manner would be a positive way to do that. At the end of the day haters gonna hate, as the kids say.

Meanwhile:

CITIZENS: DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE ON A NAME! It's your constitutional duty*!

*failure to comply with Imperial directive IMP-C12:9.4.11 will lead to termination. The Emperor is your Friend. Have a nice day.

Erny

Every time I talk about it or write about it I call it Oldhammer weekend then go back and correct it to BOYL. Before it was names when it was being thought about it was Oldhammer day.

But I suppose we could go for Oldhammer Fest considering the amount of booze drunk.

Or how about Oldhammer time.. baggy pants required.

Mind you the hosts just call it oldhammer weekend:

http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/events/oldhammer/

Back