[BOYL15] Oldbowl 2015 -Almost Full

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: [BOYL15] Oldbowl 2015

So yesterday it was brought to me that as it's Swiss and not knock out that team progression is a option. I'm not too sure if this'll work or not what do you lot think?

I never played in a event which does this (Or seen) so thats either a good or a bad thing heh

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:29 pm

For those of us considering a halfling team I think it's a bad idea as I'm expecting a casualty count not dissimilar to the start of saving private Ryan.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Leromides wrote:For those of us considering a halfling team I think it's a bad idea as I'm expecting a casualty count not dissimilar to the start of saving private Ryan.

Aye 1 bad game can't screw a team from a start I guess, but the idea of gaining SPP and lvling up was/is tempting, not to mention seeing Star Players popping up. Whatever happens it'll be a group choice as it's a large change/option.

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:14 pm

The levelling up part is one of the most entertaining parts of a blood bowl league it's true but as you say a bad game can leave a team crippled for the rest of the tournament. It can also add considerably to the length of the game, you might want to consider the shorter blood bowl 7s format if you really want to have team progression. Star players could be brought in by allowing players to have a star player appropriate to their team that they can use in one match only without going the whole league system thing.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:56 am

The most common thing for events played over a single day or weekend (as opposed to an ongoing league) is that all casualties disappear at the end of each game, but also no SPP or skills are earned.

However, they normally allow a 'package' of skills. For example; 5 normal skill rolls and one 'double' roll, distributed amongst your team, with no more than one skill per player. One option is to assign them all before the start of the tournament, but another choice is you get one skill after each game you play, to represent team progression like it might be in a league.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:43 pm

Having a good think about it all, but so far it seems there are 3 options that could work very well.

1> Bog Standard games/teams
2> Boy Standard games/teams but you have a single use Star Player (Maybe Non-Big Guy??)
3> Skills Package or SPP and lvling up.

Honestly I'm thinking No.2, as that was a good idea Batman :D

Thanks for input everyone :D

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:23 pm

Chico wrote:Having a good think about it all, but so far it seems there are 3 options that could work very well.

1> Bog Standard games/teams
2> Boy Standard games/teams but you have a single use Star Player (Maybe Non-Big Guy??)
3> Skills Package or SPP and lvling up.

Honestly I'm thinking No.2, as that was a good idea Batman :D

Thanks for input everyone :D

I think all of those would work just fine. Number two might unbalance things slightly, but as this is oldhammer and not a tournament, I wouldn't have a problem with that :)

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:51 pm

Aye even though there will be a winner who gets the Oldbowl 2015 Trophy this isn't a tournament rather a event with a fixed outcome. plus a prize for most sporting person.

Unless theres any major changes between now and the event option 2 has the green light with the following revision :).

So once per the Oldbowl Cup at the start of any game you may include a single Star Player (Non-Big Guy) which is allowed for your team as per all standard restrictions. Alternatively you may include a Team Wizard or 2 Bloodweiser Babes if you prefer.
Last edited by Chico on Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:08 pm

Chico wrote:Aye even though there will be a winner who gets the Oldbowl 2015 Trophy this isn't a tournament rather a event with a fixed outcome. plus a prize for most sporting person./i]

Absolutely this is an event with a fixed outcome. That outcome being the GLORIOUS AND INEVITABLE TRIUMPH OF THE BUZZY BUMBLES! NO TEAM CAN STAND BEFORE THE MIGHTY HALFLINGS! YOU'RE ALL GOING DOWN! :)

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:39 pm

Leromides wrote:
Chico wrote:Aye even though there will be a winner who gets the Oldbowl 2015 Trophy this isn't a tournament rather a event with a fixed outcome. plus a prize for most sporting person./i]

Absolutely this is an event with a fixed outcome. That outcome being the GLORIOUS AND INEVITABLE TRIUMPH OF THE BUZZY BUMBLES! NO TEAM CAN STAND BEFORE THE MIGHTY HALFLINGS! YOU'RE ALL GOING DOWN! :)

Sorry Treemen are banned... so are Halfling Chefs, plus each Halfling counts as 2 player slots so a max team of 8 only :)
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015