[BOYL15] Oldbowl 2015 -Almost Full

Leromides

Re: [BOYL15] Oldbowl 2015

Clearly you're running scared. The boys from the Moot are coming and we're BRINGING THE PAIN! Oh and buns, maybe some of that nice seed cake, some cheese of course, maybe a sausage or three and there's some of that lovely ham if there's any left but MOSTLY PAIN!

Treevor is not a treeman he's just an unusually tall halfling with an unfortunate skin condition :)

Skarsnik

Chico":1mkywgyi said:
Aye even though there will be a winner who gets the Oldbowl 2015 Trophy this isn't a tournament rather a event with a fixed outcome. plus a prize for most sporting person.

Unless theres any major changes between now and the event option 2 has the green light with the following revision :).

So once per the Oldbowl Cup at the start of any game you may include a single Star Player (Non-Big Guy) which is allowed for your team as per all standard restrictions. Alternatively you may include a Team Wizard or 2 Bloodweiser Babes if you prefer.

Can I propose a slight amendment to that? I'd probably add a wandering apothecary to the 2 bloodweiser babes, otherwise no one will ever choose them over a wizard!

Chico

That's a good idea mate, I didn't even think about that one.

Of course every option taken will need to represented by an appropriate figure :) Because this is Oldhammer and we like seeing more painted toys :)

antipixi

I'm up for this: depending upon how it schedules against other games.

I also have a friend (Malc - BUTCH on a number of other forums), who is interested and this has convinced him to come along to the Oldhammer Weekend.

I know that you're set on using lrb5 (happy to use your favourite version, after all it's your show), but would you consider allowing a Chaos Pact Team? It's just I have one painting using all second and first ed minis.

Chris

Chico

Happy to let the 3 CR6 teams (Slann, Pact, Underworld) teams in really.

As it's Swiss and no knockouts you get to play everyone once and at times suited to when you can fit it in. So you can play someone when you have the free slot rather then playing Player X at a set time.

Providing you play everyone or a large % it matters little which order or when they are played in. :) With 3 days and a not too crowded timetable it should be possible to get this done.

Chico

Having a think about the Swiss format and stopping someone from winning a single game and claiming a 100% win record to win the event (Not that someone would, just in case it happens by mistake) you have to play in a min of 3 games (Thats only 1 a day) to win the event or most sportsmanship prices.

Golgfag1

Not sure where to post but thought it worthwhile to give you a glimpse of what I'm currently painting (pictures as ever do my painting no favours!).

Enjoy

Paul Golgfag

Chico":3uohq5fu said:
Of course you can mate heh be rude not to :)

Attachments

• Amazon.JPG
    Amazon.JPG
    302.4 KB · Views: 2,340
  • Amazon2.JPG
    Amazon2.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 2,340

Chico

Amazons eh? Every nice.. bloody my bane on the BB pitch though. So many Dodge skills makes me cry, won't stand still so I can hit them heheh

ineptmule

I want in on this! Also some of my gaming group may want to as well. Not sure yet what teams. I can choose from Orcs, Dark Elves, Chaos and Amazons.

Chico

A formal list will be taken closer to the team on whos wanting in, but aye as it stands you are welcome to join in :)

Niibl

I Just found halflings and something happened to the bases. :cry:
Seems like moisture came between hard coat and base - Looks ugly.
Not sure if I coan fix them in time (too much on the painting table) and the BUZZY BUMBLES will be enough to defend the Moot's honour (and buns) anyway.

Chico

It's 5 months away heh, fail of an excuse hehe. Enough time to paint lots of teams :)

Golgfag1

Chico":2v19qxg5 said:
It's 5 months away heh, fail of an excuse hehe. Enough time to paint lots of teams :)

I'd better crack on then, as yet again real life begins to impact upon painting time!

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

OK, the girls have just received their first coat of varnish, just the bases to go and a second coat of varnish and we're ready to rock & roll! :lol: :lol: :lol: All I have to do now is play my first game :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o

Photos to follow in due course. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Chico

Good job, I hate 'Zons though as they always kick my ass with everyone having Dodge. My boggy team so to speak heh

Golgfag1

OK, photos taken and edited, enjoy :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Team I.jpg
    Team I.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 1,908
  • Team H.jpg
    Team H.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 1,908
  • Team G.jpg
    Team G.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 1,908
  • Team F.jpg
    Team F.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 1,908
  • Team E.jpg
    Team E.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 1,908
  • Team D.jpg
    Team D.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 1,908
  • Team C.jpg
    Team C.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 1,908
  • Team B.jpg
    Team B.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,908

Chico

Great looking team :)

Oh for some amazing news, thanks to Curtis and Ramshackle Games there will be prize support for Oldbowl 2015 in the form of Block Dice and Balls/Tokens. Everyone who takes part will get a little something for taking part plus a larger prize for Most Sporting, Oldbowl Champion & Best painted Team.

Be sure to thank Curtis :)

Back