[BOYL15] Oldbowl 2015 -Almost Full

Golgfag1

Re: [BOYL15] Oldbowl 2015

Put me down for at least one, which I'll give you the money for the next time I'm over at Watford, next week? if, your up for a re-match.

Paul / Golgfag1

Chico

Golgfag1":3dww75pz said:
Put me down for at least one, which I'll give you the money for the next time I'm over at Watford, next week? if, your up for a re-match.

Paul / Golgfag1

You my friend will get a free one providing they get made (Which is now almost certain) as your are helping me out greatly with a lift.

Aye Wednesday the 20th works for me mate, I'll bring my humans the What!?-Fords :)

Chico

antipixi":1o8yuur7 said:
Put me down for a badge. PM me your PayPal and I'll forward the money.

I'll take payment in a day or so once I got fixed numbers and give a chance for everyone to see the post on here and FB :) If I miss you just give me a prod :mrgreen:

Ti Pouchon

OK, so just to clarify and see if I got this right:

- LRB5
- TeamRating 100
- Resurrection style (teams reset after each match)
- No extra skills whatsoever
- Available Bonus for one match only: Free Starplayer who isn't a Big Guy or something else which is way less super-duper
- No schedule, just play as many games as you can against as many people as you can.

Is all that correct?

Who's going to keep score?
Usually in a swiss-style tourney, players sign a slip of paper wit hthe round's result, hand it in and the next round is determined: First game is random opponent,, then after round one a complete ranking is made so in round 2, 1st ranked plays 2nd ranked, 3rd plays 4th and so fourth. Results are then added to the results of first round, new ranking is established for round 3 and so on. Means you play against people who're about as good as you are and the last round sees the two top-ranked players battling for the win in a sort of finale.

As this looks to be a lot more "free-for-all", I was wondering who's going to keep score? Are we going to hand in all our results to you, Sir Chico? How do we know between games who's currently "on top" so we can challenge them and beat them down?

Next question (hope this doesn't come off as moany, I am just asking, honest!)
Why no extra skills? I think they make the game more fun. Usually you get to pick one player before each match and give them a normal skill.
Now, I'm not pointing any fingers here, just allow me to state that without extra skills the Amazon team IS going to be a popular choice since it allows you to field 4 affordable players with both Block and Dodge from the get-go. Without any players able to get Tackle (and only Dorfs starting with tackle), that looks like a pretty unstoppable team. And don't get me started on Wardancers...

What exactly is a Big Guy? Do the Vampire and Mummy count as Big Guy Star Players? What about the Bull Centaur? What about really brawny guys like Lord Borak and Mighty Zug?

And finally.. where do I sign up? I'd love to take part.
Now all I have to do is convince the Missus that we should spend some time in lovely Nottingham this summer..

Oh, incidentally, that's the most important question:
Is BOYL catering to tag-along spouses?
I mean, IKEA stores have this ball pit where couples can unload their rugrats to go and have a nice row about furniture in peace.
I've seen big fancy shoe stores being kitted out with a couple sofas and a playstation so the tag-along husbands can get some FIFA action on while their significant others ruminate endlessly over spending money on uncomfortable shoes that don't really fit them.
Now, how's the situation gonna be at BOYL? Are y'all leaving the wives at home? Or are they coming along to set up shop somewhere to sip mimosas and gab at each other about the travails of life with a lead-head?

Chico

Right lets see if I can answer all this, If I miss anything I'm sorry:

- LRB5
- TeamRating 100
- Resurrection style (teams reset after each match)
- No extra skills whatsoever
- Available Bonus for one match only: Free Starplayer who isn't a Big Guy or something else which is way less super-duper
- No schedule, just play as many games as you can against as many people as you can.

Almost correct, minimum of 3 games to count for the Top Place, Most Sporting & Best Painted Prize. You can only play someone once but you can play as many people as you wish. Top place will be by Win percentage and using cas/td in the event of a tie. Plus CR6 teams are allowed just not anything else from CR6.

Who's going to keep score?
Usually in a swiss-style tourney, players sign a slip of paper wit hthe round's result, hand it in and the next round is determined: First game is random opponent,, then after round one a complete ranking is made so in round 2, 1st ranked plays 2nd ranked, 3rd plays 4th and so fourth. Results are then added to the results of first round, new ranking is established for round 3 and so on. Means you play against people who're about as good as you are and the last round sees the two top-ranked players battling for the win in a sort of finale.

I'm keeping score/track, but this isn't a tourney rather a non-advancement league over 3 days. There will be no forcing players to play anyone, key is too have fun and play and get free shit. :)

As this looks to be a lot more "free-for-all", I was wondering who's going to keep score? Are we going to hand in all our results to you, Sir Chico? How do we know between games who's currently "on top" so we can challenge them and beat them down?

Simple ask people how they are doing BOYL is a friendly event with everyone talking to each other like buddies so I'm sure it won't be too hard to find out.

Next question (hope this doesn't come off as moany, I am just asking, honest!)
Why no extra skills? I think they make the game more fun. Usually you get to pick one player before each match and give them a normal skill.
Now, I'm not pointing any fingers here, just allow me to state that without extra skills the Amazon team IS going to be a popular choice since it allows you to field 4 affordable players with both Block and Dodge from the get-go. Without any players able to get Tackle (and only Dorfs starting with tackle), that looks like a pretty unstoppable team. And don't get

Because this isn't about being fair or any of that crap... it's about having fun. So it isn't about winning and if people come to win and at all costs this isn't the event for them and people don't have to play against them if they don't want too.

What exactly is a Big Guy? Do the Vampire and Mummy count as Big Guy Star Players? What about the Bull Centaur? What about really brawny guys like Lord Borak and Mighty Zug?

I thought that was pretty simple, but theres always one that asks :razz: It's any Star Player of a race which is from the following list:

Beasts of Nurgle (Nurgle)

Chaos Ogres (Chaos Pact)

Kroxigors (Lizardmen)

Minotaurs (Chaos, Chaos Dwarfs and Chaos Pact)

Ogres (Humans, Ogres/Snotlings)

Rat Ogres (Skaven)

Chaos Trolls (Chaos Pact)

Treemen (Halflings, Wood Elfs)

Trolls (Goblins, Orcs)

Yhetis (Norse)

Warpstone Trolls (Underworld)

Oh, incidentally, that's the most important question:
Is BOYL catering to tag-along spouses?
I mean, IKEA stores have this ball pit where couples can unload their rugrats to go and have a nice row about furniture in peace.
I've seen big fancy shoe stores being kitted out with a couple sofas and a playstation so the tag-along husbands can get some FIFA action on while their significant others ruminate endlessly over spending money on uncomfortable shoes that don't really fit them.
Now, how's the situation gonna be at BOYL? Are y'all leaving the wives at home? Or are they coming along to set up shop somewhere to sip mimosas and gab at each other about the travails of life with a lead-head?

Honestly your partner is going to be very very bored, other then watching/playing games and buying toys there is nothing for them to do I'm afraid. It's in the middle of nowhere, but I'm sure others can feel you in better.

Chico

Now taking Payments for the badges, anyone who wants one PM me and I'll send you my paypal.

All badges will be handed out at the event and cost £2.

There will only be this one batch I'm afraid. Thankies

Chico

Re: [BOYL15] Oldbowl 2015 - Badges ordered tomorrow

Badges to be ordered tomorrow, anyone wanting one PM me here or on fb. Ta

I was wondering if people arrange our slots beforehand of when we get to the events its ok? I have a couple of other games during some of the oldbowl slots so wanna make sure I don't miss out :)

Chico

When you are there is fine and I'll make sure there will be at least 2 pitches set up at all times though out the weekend. So providing there is a pitch free and your op have any spare time thoughout the day then just jump on and play.

It's all free and easy... like me heh

Skarsnik

I've found myself without any games on the Friday, so do any of you that are arriving then fancy an Oldbowl game?

Chico

The table space is all booked I'll have the boards set up on the Friday late afternoon/evening so just jump on one and I'm sure someone will rock up. Last count there's 12-14 people interested and I'll be taking conformations soon.

Fimm McCool

Picked with no previous experience of playing Blood Bowl and hoping to learn on the job, presenting: The Black Forest Chateau's Blood Bowl team.

IMG_1772%2B%25282%2529.JPG

http://fimmmccools.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/bowling-for-blood-black-forest-chateau.html

Chico

Re: [BOYL15] Oldbowl 2015 -SIGN UPS!

Now taking the official sign ups:

There is 12 places for the time being, so please comment here or on the FB group thread if you want to join an what team + Added extra you have chosen.

Thanks,
Chico

Fimm McCool

As above, I'll be brining Dark Elveses with an Apothecary and two Bloodweiser babes.

Chico

Golgfag1":365ryyva said:
Amazonian with something big and nasty! :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Hey1 Im not playing on your team... oh you mean something else big a nasty heh

Chico

Right names are coming in still but we are down to 3 spots left and lotza Orc teams hehe

Back